Sneaking alcohol into MK

merbobear

DIS Veteran
I AM NOT GOING TO DO IT!

But we will be traveling with a friend who has mentioned that he will 'just bring in a flask' when we go to MK. :scared1: I am horrified by this and we have warned him that this is obviously not allowed.

Please tell me what happens though if someone were to attempt this. Will he be kicked out of the parks? Flask taken away? I basically want to warn him again about how ridiculous this idea is.

Thanks!

Not sure what will happen but why not suggest a
mid afternoon monorail resort tour...stop by some of the lounges. Our favorite is the Tambu Lounge in the Polynesian. We went there during 2 of our MK days for some relaxing mid afternoon Lapu Lapus.

I'd imagine it would depend on how far it goes...

If he gets caught at bag check, it'd be thrown out. In the parks, probably the same, but if he gets loud/angry about it, he'd risk ejection from the park. If he managed to get drunk, he'd definitely be facing ejection from the park

If I were you, I'd throw a little guilt on him..something along the lines of "Do you realize if you get caught, all of us would be in trouble? Are you really going to pull that and possibly effect my day?" Don't tell him anything like "well IF you get caught..." Make him realize it's just not worth it.

mid afternoon monorail resort tour...stop by some of the lounges. Our favorite is the Tambu Lounge in the Polynesian. We went there during 2 of our MK days for some relaxing mid afternoon Lapu Lapus.

I will suggest that to him, however we are also traveling as a family with our (at the time) 4 year old dd and both of our mothers, and the friend...I have a drink with dinner and will have a few drinks while touring the world showcase in Epcot, however I'm just personally not interested in hanging out at the resorts for drinks. Now if it were an adults only trip, I would be down for that..it's just not something I would enjoy with dd in tow! lol

If he gets caught at bag check, it'd be thrown out. In the parks, probably the same, but if he gets loud/angry about it, he'd risk ejection from the park. If he managed to get drunk, he'd definitely be facing ejection from the park

If I were you, I'd throw a little guilt on him..something along the lines of "Do you realize if you get caught, all of us would be in trouble? Are you really going to pull that and possibly effect my day?" Don't tell him anything like "well IF you get caught..." Make him realize it's just not worth it.

Good idea! Not to mention, I don't really want that amount of drunkenness around my dd. Don't get me wrong..like I just mentioned, I like to have a drink or several depending on the setting, but I have no intentions of anyone ruining my family vacation by going overboard with the liquor!

Thanks everyone for your responses. Guilt trip it is!

I will suggest that to him, however we are also traveling as a family with our (at the time) 4 year old dd and both of our mothers, and the friend...I have a drink with dinner and will have a few drinks while touring the world showcase in Epcot, however I'm just personally not interested in hanging out at the resorts for drinks. Now if it were an adults only trip, I would be down for that..it's just not something I would enjoy with dd in tow! lol

Good idea! Not to mention, I don't really want that amount of drunkenness around my dd. Don't get me wrong..like I just mentioned, I like to have a drink or several depending on the setting, but I have no intentions of anyone ruining my family vacation by going overboard with the liquor!

Thanks everyone for your responses. Guilt trip it is!

I always down my flask while riding Space mountain and then chuck it in the air. Make sure your in the back though.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I plan on bringing one small airline bottle of kalua to Slip into my hot chocolate during MNSSHP. Not to get drunk,but just to add a little punch to it and keep me warm. :goodvibes.

Speaking of clear booze....anyone try the new UV vodka called "cake"....tastes just like wedding cake!

I plan on bringing one small airline bottle of kalua to Slip into my hot chocolate during MNSSHP. Not to get drunk,but just to add a little punch to it and keep me warm. :goodvibes.

How do you plan on getting it by the bag search? The last few times I have gone to WDW they have been very thorough in checking park bags.

I have nothing agains an adult beverage from time to time, but really? People have to have it so much they will resort to sneaking it into a park? I thought most people outgrew that nonsense by age 20.:sad2:

Qiute frankly, if you can't manage to spend a day at the MK and not have a drink, your a *ALCOHOLIC*......I suggest your friend gets thier act together and/or get help.

The one time I saw a guy with a can of beer in the MK he was being shuffled into a side door and I would guess out of the park..........family in tow. Of course he did not have the sense to just keep his mouth shut and was putting up a loud fuss.:rotfl2:

AKK

Your friend can get alcohol at EPCOT, DHS and AK. They can get alcohol at DTD. They can get alcohol at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. If they really need to go out of their way to have a drink at MK, there is an issue. Some people have already given decent suggestions. While trying to talk him out of it I would also add that your family will not be touring with his family that day and while both families may go to MK that day, you will choose to arrive and tour seperately and will meet his family for dinner or whatever so that your family's day is not ruined when he gets caught.

How do you plan on getting it by the bag search? The last few times I have gone to WDW they have been very thorough in checking park bags.

I have nothing agains an adult beverage from time to time, but really? People have to have it so much they will resort to sneaking it into a park? I thought most people outgrew that nonsense by age 20.:sad2:

I'm not a drinker, but I imagine people could sneak those airplane bottles in in the pocket of a jacket. They have never checked anything but my bag.

Real bad news. Each Park, including MK, has an on-premises liquor license. (MK can serve liquor at an after-hours buyout.) Bringing in alcohol to any Park is a violation of the Florida Liquor Laws and subject to arrest and criminal action, as well as whatever Disney does.

I AM NOT GOING TO DO IT!

But we will be traveling with a friend who has mentioned that he will 'just bring in a flask' when we go to MK. :scared1: I am horrified by this and we have warned him that this is obviously not allowed.

Please tell me what happens though if someone were to attempt this. Will he be kicked out of the parks? Flask taken away? I basically want to warn him again about how ridiculous this idea is.

Thanks!

How about this. If it really horrifies you, REPORT HIM!Its really just that simple.:confused3 If you can't bring yourself to report him, than tell him you will not be going to the Magic Kingdom when he and his family go.:drinking1

I AM NOT GOING TO DO IT!

Thanks!
As someone said upthread, what happens to him depends on him. Upon discovery of the flask, Security will give your friend the option of returning the flask to the car (or resort, if you didn't drive and are on site) or they will have him empty it at the front gate. They're not likely to toss the flask unless your friend says, "Never mind -- just toss it." My suggestion would be to park as far in the back of the netherlands of the parking lot as possible, so that when he chooses to return the flask to the car it takes him a long looooooong time. :laughing:

On the chance that the flask is not discovered during bag check, you may want to mention to your friend that there are undercover security CMs all over property. And should one of them see him swigging from his flask inside the park, it would not necessarily lead to him being kicked out (again ... that's up to him), but it will definitely impact his day since he'd at the very least get the "lecture" and be asked to dump the flask.

Honestly? I'd tell him that he'll be on his own on "flask day", and that if he wants to join the rest of you as you tour MK, then the flask stays at home.

It'd actually be pretty easy. An airline bottle of liquor would be pretty easy to pocket and hide. Last time I checked, Security didn't do pat-downs.

Qiute frankly, if you can't manage to spend a day at the MK and not have a drink, your a *ALCOHOLIC*......I suggest your friend gets thier act together and/or get help.
I didn't see anywhere that the OP said the friend couldn't manage to spend a day at the MK and not have a drink, only that the friend was going to sneak in a flask. Two totally different things! Lots of people try to sneak liquor into the MK -- mostly because they know its a 'dry' park and they want to see if they can. It's more about the sneaking and the "doing something that is forbidden" thing than it is about being an alcoholic. I've only ever seen one guy actually succeed. He had brought in a bottle of Sprite that was heavily spiked with either gin or vodka. According to his friend, he'd been paranoid all day about getting caught, so instead of just carrying it around all day as planned (just to prove that you could bring alcohol into the park and not get caught), he drank it almost as soon as they got past bag check. First ride that day? Teacups. How do I know? I was working Custodial. :scared1:

:earsboy:

"that amount of drunkenness"?? You assume that because he plans to bring a flask, he's going to get DRUNK? :laughing:

Honestly, it wouldn't even be on my radar. If he puts it in his pocket, the bag check isn't going to catch it. Heck, depending on the line he's in and the person manning that line, if he's carrying it in a backpack it may or may not be noticed.

I wouldn't go making a big deal out of this with my friend. I'd just say to him something along the lines of "if you get caught and tossed out of the park I'm going to pretend I don't know you ;)" and that would be the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter