• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snorkel ??

Tense

Mouseketeer
I admittingly am a germophobic! Are the snorkel and masks and the wet suits for that matter cleaned and disinfected after each use?

You get to keep your snorkel. (Mine is in my closet)

If I remember correctly the snorkles were sealed in something (maybe a plastic bag?). And the snorkles definetely smelled new.

The masks you had to hand in after you were done, (but I did see a few people stealing them!)

The masks didn't look horribly used.

I guess if you have a question, feel free to call them about it.

The snorkels are for your use only. You can keep it. They don't reuse them. I don't know about how they clean the other equipment.

We have the better snorkels that don't allow water to slop in over the top, and our masks fit us great. Would it be allowed/a good idea to bring our own, or is their equipment really good quality/great fitting?

Cheers :)

My mask has my prescription lenses glued inside, so I will be taking my own snorkel and mask, but won't be lugging my fins or life vest.

We don't have DH's lenses glued to the mask, but we did pick a mask that fit over an old pair of his glasses. I had forgotten about that.
Still wondering if we should bring our own snorkels though.

Cheers :)

If we return I would bring my own snorkel. It is an interuption to the flow to stop what you are doing to return a snorkel not working properly. My husband experienced this. One of the life guards suggested we request the orange one (all different colors) as they seem to work better. He did and there were no more problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter