Snow in Northeast

RedAngie

Sea Level Lady
Many areas in the Northeast haven’t had measurable snow in close to two years. This coming weekend might break that “drought.”

This past Sunday and Monday there were some Chicken Little reports of a foot or more of snow, but each day since that possibility has lessened. Now in my area it’s predicted to be mostly rain, with just flurries if any snow at all.

Yesterday my Shop Rite supermarket was packed. I don’t know if was snow panic, or because it was the first day of their Can Can sale, or because Social Security payments come out on the 3rd of the month. Maybe a combination of everything.

What’s your forecast?

We are below the I-95 line...we often miss the real snow falls by a short distance:( but I remain eternally hopeful for a good snow fall in our area this year!

DH thinks the snow line is I 95, and we are east of that, right on the coast. So, hoping for rain!

The local stations don't seem to be making any predictions beyond "probably plowable/more than 3 inches" yet.

@RedAngie my forecast is the same as yours. Just fizzled out. Now it will cold and wait. Frankly I'm tired of these "events" (to include rain) just constantly hitting on the weekend.

I just noticed the bottom corner of computer says "7 in. of snow Mon"

Gah. We haven't had much snow in the Midwest either. But I know our farmers need it !

Lakes region NH here. Forecast now is for 3-5" Saturday night and 5-8" Sunday but a lot can change in that time up or down. We are at 1000' elevation and about 1000' from a lake, so there is also the possibility of lake effect as there is still open water. We rely on our freezer and pantry so I will make a run tomorrow for milk and produce since I haven't been shopping in about 10 days!

It depends on who I'm listening to - TV news says 6-10 inches in my area, but may switch to rain. Meteorology teacher I work with says less than that and more rain. Probably not enough for a snow day Monday or even a delayed opening.

All we know for sure in the Hudson Valley is we are getting snow Saturday night into Sunday morning. I just check our local news station every couple of hours to see if there is a change. Honestly, I don't think they will know for sure until Saturday morning.
https://hudsonvalley.news12.com/weather

I wish Genie would have done a snow commercial though:

I do wish one nice snow for the kids. Cold enough for snow, warm enough for it all to melt on the blacktop with a bit of sun. And then all melt12 hours later. Is that too much to ask.?

But it looks like we are in the probably rain, but maybe a bit of snow.

Started as 1-3 inches. Then 3-5. Then 5-8. But currently it is expected to change to rain eventually, and snow total is back down to 1-3.

I’m on the coast 20 miles north of Boston and we’ll start out with mainly rain and switch over to snow. Right now they’re predicting possibly up to 3”. I’ll believe it when I see it. But shovels and snowblower are ready just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter