Snow in Northeast

SE Ma. here. Went from blizzard to 3-6 inches, now at 1-3 inches. Hoping Foxboro gets plenty, will make the Patriots game fun...

I'm sort of between 1-95 and South Jersey...supposed to just start out as wet snow and then rain heavily on Saturday.

Now the forecast is for just rain in Baltimore. Earlier this week there were Snowpocalyse reports, but those rarely come true. I don’t think there was a major 12” or more snowfall here since 2016.

This week’s “Storm of the Decade.” The weather forecasters do it all the time. DW follows a local TV weather person on FB and he was giddy with joy over the possibility of a huge snowstorm. Now he’s posting about his disappointment with sad face emojis.
Snow is political here. Ski resorts need it to make money. Locals wish those that come to ski would learn to drive in snow, and NOT come when it is snowing heavily. The Highway Patrol spends all their time pulling people who have no business driving in the snow out of snowbanks.

I just checked. The 3-5" predicted in the Bangor area for both this weekend and next is down to 1-3". My guess is we'll get maybe an inch or two. Right now, we have no snow, which is FINE by ME. I'm also not worried about this weekend or next. DD/SIL are home with the house, and DH and I are sitting in sunshine in New Orleans!

I’m watching lots of low flying planes mostly coming to LGA or JFK. My thoughts are this is due to the weather (maybe stacking?) as normally those runways are closed or at least not used as much. Amazing the colors some airlines use; don’t see them up close often.

I just checked. The 3-5" predicted in the Bangor area for both this weekend and next is down to 1-3". My guess is we'll get maybe an inch or two. Right now, we have no snow, which is FINE by ME. I'm also not worried about this weekend or next. DD/SIL are home with the house, and DH and I are sitting in sunshine in New Orleans!
None in Sabattus

None in Sabattus

Same in Kennebunk - nothing yet, but I think we're still looking at 12" - 16".

Western Maryland here.(not extreme western where they always get more) . They predicted 5-8 for us, ending at 7. Storm just ended here after dumping about 5". Then it turned to freezing rain, back to snow, then to rain, and now has stopped. We're supposed to get another 3-5" on Tuesday.

We got about 5". There is still some sleet coming down now. Should be ending soon. Went for a run this morning, but otherwise haven't left the house today.

I’m in the 8”-12” and less than 10 miles from 12”-18” predictions as of 4:14pm

Pantry and devices stocked. Bring on the 24hrs of cabin fever!

Same as yours. Based on the Milk selection at my local Acme today, I think Tuesday's Senior discount day may have emptied the shelves. I didn't check bread or eggs😉.
I went to a Giant on Thurs and walked right into a checkout lane. I was shocked. But then again, did not need milk, bread or eggs. Maybe everyone was there fighting over the last carton.

Same in Kennebunk - nothing yet, but I think we're still looking at 12" - 16".

Eek. Northern York County here. Hoping we stay in the 6-10 range and on the low end of that, but it looks like the 6-10 area increased north of Portland. It's snowing now, but sounds like it will get heavier early in the morning.

I know we need it, but I'm not going to like it! I will add, though, that as of this morning, it seems like people in my area are not stocking up on bread or milk. Plenty of that on the shelves at the Saco Hannaford. Green beans, for some inexplicable reason, were gone, and frozen foods were pretty wiped out.

Raining, was hard at times awhile ago, so the little snow we got, washed away. Saying drizzling until around 6 am tomorrow morning, then we try to dry out, with it to be partly sunny and 41 degrees the high.

I know we need it, but I'm not going to like it! I will add, though, that as of this morning, it seems like people in my area are not stocking up on bread or milk. Plenty of that on the shelves at the Saco Hannaford. Green beans, for some inexplicable reason, were gone, and frozen foods were pretty wiped out.

Maybe everyone wanted frozen foods for football tomorrow, although, the lack of green beans is weird. :confused3 I was at the Kennebunk Hannaford this morning to do our weekly grocery shopping and it was quiet. I was able to walk right up to the self checkout. My husband had to run back to the store about two hours ago because we realized we were running low on tonic for our gin and tonics, and he said it was crazy busy then.

From what I'm hearing, it's supposed to be a light, fluffy snow so here's hoping clean up is easy. Sounds like Wednesday's rain/wind storm may cause more issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter