Snow White's Adventure question.

POOH&PIGLET

I love my DW, DDs, & DVC!
My 3-year-old DD loves Snow White but I have heard that Snow White's Adventure in Fantasyland can be terrifying to young children. It this true? Is it from darkness, noise, etc.?

There are sections of this ride that are very dark and have the "scary trees" that you see in the movie. They have toned it down over the years, so the witch doesn't really jump out at you any more. I have a 2-year old who loves this ride (and the movie) and begs to ride it over and over to see the "scawy witch." It pretty much depends on the child, but there are certainly more frightening rides at WDW.

My 3yo DD loves Snow White too, she also likes "The Majesty" (Maleficent sp?). As a matter of fact she likes ALL the baddies, so if she does want to go on the ride but gets scared during it what do I do? Just cover her eyes and whisper to her??

If she loves the witch alot then let her know ahead of time that it is coming, for someone who loves the witch it can be exciting.

We found that on the Haunted Mansion (which my DS was not scared of the first time he rode, but was the second time), we just let him hug on us, cover his ears and hide his face. He had his eyes closed the whole ride, but was fine after it was over (no screaminng or crying). Make sure before any ride that has dark or scary parts that you tell the kids what's coming, and if they get scared just hold on 'till its over (most WDW rides are under 5 minutes, anyway).

P.S. - absolute no-nos would be Alien Encounter at MK and It's Tough to Be A Bug at AK - both are WAY to scary for little kids.

Neither of my kids (age 2 and 3) found it too scary. But we only rode it once. They were too busy standing in line for Peter Pan's Flight. They liked Pooh and Small World a lot as well.

My son was scared of this one for years. He was scared of the witch, he was scared of the dark forest, he was scared of the crocodiles, he was scared of the dwarves mine, etc. He wouldn't even open his eyes during the scene where Snow White was dancing with the dwarves!!

He rides it now and laughs at how scared he used to be.

My daughter on the other hand, never had a problem with this ride at all and has been riding it since she was 3 and always loved it. Go figure! Just goes to show you that every child is different.

You might want to start out with Peter Pan's Flight, It's a Small World and the Many Adventure's of Winnie the Pooh first and see how she handles the dark scenes. From there you might be able to judge if she can handle it.

Good luck!

What scared me was the first scene, when you saw the queen looking in the mirror,then turning into the witch.Then that scene at the end,when she throws a rock!,boy that is scarey.

What,s the pooh bear ride like?,the only thing I know about it you exit a gift shop,which is stocked with Pooh bear stuff.:smooth: :smooth: :D :D :D :D

I haven't been on that ride since I was 5 years old, back in 1972, but I remember clearly that darn witch popping out with the poison apple in her hand . . . .from previous posts, they said that's not there anymore . . . .

Sooooooooo I guess I'll take another spin on it when we go in a few days;)

I made the mistake of telling my DD then 3 that the ride's name is Snow White's Scary Adventure. She refused to go on. She is now 6 and still won't ride it. Yet she rides Space Mountain and just about every other ride.:rolleyes:

For dark rides buy a little sqeeze flashlight for your children. That way if they get scared in the dark they can turn it on. I made my son shine it on his shoes or his lap so it didn't bother anyone else. He's only used it a couple of times but it makes him feel in control and he can get through the dark parts.

my dd out and out refuses to ride this ride - last month we walked past and noticed there was no queue, so my dh and I both had a ride (seperately), and I am so glad we didn't take my dd on - it is a scary ride, I didn't really like it at all and I certainly wouldn't take a nervous child on it. The witch is everywhere - it barely focuses on Snow White or the dwarves, it's all about the witch.

My dd was very nervous of dark rides last year, but this year managed Pooh Bear, Peter Pan and even Pirates with no bother - but she would have hated this.

We also use the flashlight trick - actually we have one of those lightup mickeys that they sell in the parks (with fiber optics). We found that having Mickey to keep her safe helped my dd to be a lot more confident on dark rides.

My daughter rode it once when she was 2... she's just about to turn six now... and STILL refuses to ride it again! This is the same child who goes on each and every roller coaster she can fit on...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter