So, Canadian Lumberjacks are "on hiatus"

I just don't like the sound of chainsaws. For me it's like nails on a chalkboard. :eek: Did you find it to be loud?

I didn't find it to be too loud at all. We were there during F&W, and honestly I can't imagine the noise carried that far. The chainsaws are a very, very small part of the show. Of the 4 competitions, one is throwing axes, one is chopping with an axe, another is sawing by hand, and one is with chainsaws. That's it. It's not like it's 20 minutes of chainsaws.

As w walked past the Lumberjack show in October, we couldn't help but comment "I'd like them to try to get through a 60 foot oak that fell down in their yard with those dinky chainsaws". That said, I didn't find the saws very noisy outside of the immediate vicinity of the stage. I understand they are coming back in January...4th or 5th I think?

We were at F&W in October and I didn't notice any chainsaw noise at all. So, if they were using them, the noise didn't carry.

I'm with the crew that considers this 'show' an embarrassment. We walked by during Food & Wine, and the noise was ridiculous.

FWIW, there are similar competitions outside my hometown. This show is hugely out of place.

Still waiting for reports of the "Great EPCOT Chainsaw Massacre"...

We enjoyed the lumberjacks two weeks ago, as did the 200 or so people around us. We overheard some of them saying it was an improvement over Off Kilter, which we never bothered to watch for more than 30 seconds. It's like everything else- the upset people complain, those who don't mind the change have no reason to post, but it's definitely not a unanimous negative sentiment on the change.

my daughter and son in law saw it last week and really liked it...
they never liked Off Kilter, so for them it was an improvement!..

my daughter and son in law saw it last week and really liked it...
they never liked Off Kilter, so for them it was an improvement!..

Haven't seen the new show yet but always thought off-kilter was out of place there. Seriously, most other countries entertainers had some tie-in with their culture, but Canada had a loud rock cover band?? What was the point? At least British invasion focused on music from UK. s far as noise carrying beyond the pavilion, off kilter was the worst. You can find entertainment like that pretty much in any bar if you seek it out. Happy for a change

Saw the chainsaw show in October. Not quite sure what the entertainment value was. Thought the show would fit better at a state fair type setting. Perhaps someone might consider consulting with actual Canadians to ask what entertainment or talents they would like to see represent their country. And before someone says it - the space is too small for a hockey rink haha!

Perhaps someone might consider consulting with actual Canadians to ask what entertainment or talents they would like to see represent their country. And before someone says it - the space is too small for a hockey rink haha!

I wonder if they could get Robin Sparkles to do some shows, now that she's between gigs...?

I saw the lumberjacks last month and I am solidly in the "embarrasment' camp.:crazy2:Loud and out of place. Loved Off Kilter,bring back the men in kilts!:cool1:

Maybe they will use the "hiatus" to make some changes to the show.

We enjoyed the lumberjacks two weeks ago, as did the 200 or so people around us. We overheard some of them saying it was an improvement over Off Kilter, which we never bothered to watch for more than 30 seconds. It's like everything else- the upset people complain, those who don't mind the change have no reason to post, but it's definitely not a unanimous negative sentiment on the change.

Go to face book and search: Save Off Kilter so you can view the group...it's a pretty big negative sentiment

Really hope this is permanent, had no desire to hear chainsaws rattling while listening to VOL sing Christmas carols. However I thought I read here that they had a contract with WDW?

Really hope this is permanent, had no desire to hear chainsaws rattling while listening to VOL sing Christmas carols. However I thought I read here that they had a contract with WDW?

Contracts can be broken.....just pay the bums off and give them the boot.

But I doubt Disney will spend an unnecessary penny.

The more they change out the acts at WDW the better. Groups such as the Dapper Dans and Off Kilter get long in the tooth very quickly. I think it's better to change out these groups on at least a biennial basis.

They will return on January 4. Apparently their contract is still in place and this is just a holiday hiatus to make room for the Canadian Voyageurs.

And no. Off Kilter will not be returning.

Saw the chainsaw show in October. Not quite sure what the entertainment value was. Thought the show would fit better at a state fair type setting.

This show is contracted to a group based in St. Cloud, FL which often does performances at state and county fairs.

They will return on January 4. Apparently their contract is still in place and this is just a holiday hiatus to make room for the Canadian Voyageurs.

And no. Off Kilter will not be returning.

Sad but true.

The last CHV shows will be on December 30 and then The Mill Stage will be "dark" until January 4 while they return the Stage to the glorious Lumberjack set-up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter