So close! (transplant incoming)

Praying for all of you. Hope things go well for him today and everything is a total success!!:grouphug:

Finally! Prayers being sent that all goes well, keep us updated when you have time!

Good luck to you! My DH had a kidney transplant 14 years ago, and though I didn't know him at the time of the procedure, it's still a big part of our lives today. I'm happy to answer any questions I can.

He's in surgery. The scrub nurse called about 30 minutes ago to let me know they were making the first incisions, and that about an hour after that, they would start putting in the kidney.

Thanks for the prayers and good wishes.

How scary and exciting at the same time. Wishing him a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

Sending good and healing thoughts to your husband. :hug: for you.

Sending good thoughts and prayers to your family. I was on the 3rd floor after Transplant, Room 325. The nursing staff was great. I don't recommend any of the fancy French toast off the menu. My family is still complaining about it!

Be ready to go for walks with him wearing the funny green socks, look like Something from Dr. Seuss. All the Mayo staff was helpful with education for diet, medications, Medicare forms, etc...

I am post transplant 3 weeks tomorrow. The improvement is amazing.

Scubamickey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter