So disappointed in the Christmas Store at Disney Springs

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
Every year, for the last 17 years, we have gone to the Christmas store and bought bulbs for our tree for that year. We pick out a family one and the kids each pick one out for themselves. We have them all personalized with their names and year and for our family one, just the year. We look forward to this tradition every year. This year we went in and all of us just stood there in disappointment. They had ZERO of the beautiful glass bulbs they they normally have. They have replaced them all with the plastic character bulbs that can barely be personalized. Each one of us struggled to find even one bulb that we liked and we ended up picking ones that we were just OK with. My daughter was sad because the one she picked could only have the year put on it, not her name.

I really hope that this is not something permanent as we will no longer be doing this tradition. We have no desire to have a Christmas tree full of plastic character bulbs. :(

Every year, for the last 17 years, we have gone to the Christmas store and bought bulbs for our tree for that year. We pick out a family one and the kids each pick one out for themselves. We have them all personalized with their names and year and for our family one, just the year. We look forward to this tradition every year. This year we went in and all of us just stood there in disappointment. They had ZERO of the beautiful glass bulbs they they normally have. They have replaced them all with the plastic character bulbs that can barely be personalized. Each one of us struggled to find even one bulb that we liked and we ended up picking ones that we were just OK with. My daughter was sad because the one she picked could only have the year put on it, not her name.

I really hope that this is not something permanent as we will no longer be doing this tradition. We have no desire to have a Christmas tree full of plastic character bulbs. :("

I agree with the previous poster, I think it's a supply issue. Up here in Canada, there are back orders on everything! There were empty shelves of decorations like I'd never seen before (we add Christmas decorations outside each year and there were very few to choose from). We have been without a car now for going on three weeks because it has taken so long to get the part, parts to make kitchen cabinets are backlogged well into March/April, etc. All that to say, I don't think it will be a forever type of thing. The pandemic has hit the world hard, add to supply issues with countries that had flooding and other natural disasters and the blockage of the Suez canal have wreaked havoc in a whole lot of ways!
I'm sorry that your tradition wasn't what it was :(. Especially with all the changes and sacrifices that we've all had to make over the past couple of years!

We were there the weekend of 12/17. Disappointed in the selection. Note a huge variety to choose from. I understand the supply chain issues. Still didn't help our disappointment.

It's just supply issues. We were disappointed, too, and decided to buy this year's ornament once supply returned. I couldn't find a single ornament I wanted :(

I’ve been unhappy with their selections for years now - some things I really like - other items I miss
I myself don’t care for the direction the store has been in some time
I do understand currently it is an issue getting stock / but I just am not happy with the stock that they’ve been getting
I struggle to find an ornament - the past two years I didn’t obtain one as I just could not find one I wanted to get
I will say I wish they could or would stock more Jim Shore and other Artist like they used to - or maybe they do and they sell out fast .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter