So disappointed with the Cantina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugal1000

DIS Veteran
Was really looking forward to this but oh my did I feel like we were just seriously ripped off. 5 of us squeezed into small area at the bar. 5 soft drinks that had so much ice in that literally two gulps and it was gone. Didn’t play the typical music while we were there. No characters in there which I was kind of expecting. I wouldn’t have known it was the cantina to be honest if I hadn’t booked it. For all this we paid $37 (1 drink each) It’s purely a money making machine. $13 for a small beer. Nearly laughed when they reminded me I could only have two drinks. We left after one. Way too many people in there being totally fleeced. Such a shame because the land looks fab.
Park absolutely packed. We arrived at 6. Back tonight for fireworks.

Was really looking forward to this but oh my did I feel like we were just seriously ripped off. 5 of us squeezed into small area at the bar. 5 soft drinks that had so much ice in that literally two gulps and it was gone. Didn’t play the typical music while we were there. No characters in there which I was kind of expecting. I wouldn’t have known it was the cantina to be honest if I hadn’t booked it. For all this we paid $37 (1 drink each) It’s purely a money making machine. $13 for a small beer. Nearly laughed when they reminded me I could only have two drinks. We left after one. Way too many people in there being totally fleeced. Such a shame because the land looks fab.
What do you mean by the music and characters? Disney never said there would be characters in this space and that would make it even more packed in there if there was.

why were you expecting characters? Ogas Cantina opened in Disneyland on May 31, thats almost 4 months ago, and not one time during that 4 months have there been ANY mention here on Dis or or ANY Disney promotional material about characters in the Cantina.

Again there are 4 months worth of posts here on Dis about the Cantina being a crowded, have you not done any research or read any trip reports.

the prices of drinks are online, did you not have a look at the drinks menu before your trip

All of your criticisms and negativity can be countered with why didnt you research and know what the Cantina was about?

It's Oga's Cantina, not the Mos Eisley Cantina (which is why they weren't playing the music you thought they would. There is no Mos Eisley band. It's DJ REx which was been well advertised).

We had a BLAST...and we don't drink alcohol. DH and I each ordered one non-alcoholic bevergae (blue milk and the Moogan tea I think it was?) I didn't care for either drink or the lava roll thingy we ate but the atmosphere was fun and electric and the CM's played it up so well. Best part was when the power went out and the server blamed DH for messing with buttons on the wall LOL! Then the whole bar had to get the power back on together. A LOT of fun and so much to look at BUT admittedly it isn't for everyone.

While I respect your opinion on your experience, I can't help but feel like much of your criticism is due to your lack of information about the Cantina. I don't say that to be insulting, but it sounds like you just booked it because it was a Star Wars thing, but didn't know what to expect. As with any dining or services offered by Disney, some research ahead of time can go a long way. But at least now you know and you can skip going there in the future and save your money.

And not to be that guy, but in truth you could say Disney is ripping you off on any type of dining experience. You can always find the food for cheaper elsewhere, and it's rarely top-quality, but with Disney you're really paying for the experience and the atmosphere.

While I respect your opinion on your experience, I can't help but feel like much of your criticism is due to your lack of information about the Cantina. I don't say that to be insulting, but it sounds like you just booked it because it was a Star Wars thing, but didn't know what to expect. As with any dining or services offered by Disney, some research ahead of time can go a long way. But at least now you know and you can skip going there in the future and save your money.

And not to be that guy, but in truth you could say Disney is ripping you off on any type of dining experience. You can always find the food for cheaper elsewhere, and it's rarely top-quality, but with Disney you're really paying for the experience and the atmosphere.

Pretty much this

Yep. We had the same conclusion after our visit at DL. I'll be at the one in WDW because I'll be with family who hasn't seen it yet. After that? Have at it my friends! No reservation competition from me. :)

Ive looked over the menu and was a little surprised that all they had was 2 appetizer options and lots of pricey drinks but we will do it anyway at some point. Even the non alcoholic drinks are $6+....I am sure it will be a cool experience but I am quite surprised that for that price you cant even sit down ( at a theme park venue where you walk about 9 -12 miles a day).... :) LOL

I looked up photos of the charcuterie board and the other appetizer and they look unique and I do want to try the blue milk...

Sorry I didn’t mean to upset anyone with my review. I’m not a huge Star Wars fan but the friends we took are and were equally disappointed. I guess by characters I meant it would have been nice for the people serving to be in character. There were just way too many people in there, being bumped by people, drinks all arrived at different times so some finished before other even got theirs. I’d also ask for NO ice! You will see from my signature that I am a big Disney World fan having travelled from England every year for two or three weeks since 2005 so I kinda feel that I am entitled to give an honest review. This year is the first time I felt like Disney just overcharging people. We were at the Halloween party on 22nd and whilst we absolutely loved the last one, this one felt uncomfortable and damn right unsafe at times due to the huge numbers of people there right up till midnight. I just felt that Disney got to the point where money might be overriding everything else. Will I come back, of course I will but just a little disappointed with them this year.
I have given up researching everything nowadays and more a go with the flow type holiday but I wish I had researched this. So I hope this review does help someone.
For anyone who would like to have a look around they were letting people in really early without reservations so I guess you could pop in and not order anything. I also think the experience would have been very different if we had been given a table. There was no way to request one and just luck of the draw.
One last thing about this morning. We got to the car park at 5.45 but no parking attendants turned up till 6am which was odd. So by the time we got in the park the q for SR was 60 minutes and Slinky Dog was down. We still had fun though and stayed till 11. Made good use of FP and saved Toy Story for tonight although rode three times already. Looking forward to the fireworks. Hope the crowds have thinned out a little as absolutely packed this morning. We usually come in August but this year seems way busier that August on recent trips.

agreed...had 8 of us standing at a table..no fun...cool looking place...i went and told a manager that i love Disney but this was a neg. exp.

Yup, same thing here, we were at a table meant for 5 and there were 10 of us squeezed in there so tight when we got our drinks there was literally no place to put our drinks. Crazy stupid pricing did not help as the drinks were a cruise ship create your own drinks contest gone bad, I mean they were terrible, other then the beer, really bad flavor pallet, WTH were they thinking? Over-hyped, overpriced and never again......there are way better places to drink in WDW!

It seems to be a love it or hate it place. We were very entertained but we love Trader Sam's too

I agree its not worth it if you are only going in and getting regular soft drinks. The speciality drinks are what make this place fun. If you ever decide to go back and want a drink, try a Fuzzy Taun Taun. It was a cool experience!
That was neat, wasn't it? I loved the flavor but the tingle effect meant I only had one. Took my mouth quite a while to recover.

Is there a minimum you have to order?

Can you just get one drink and split it and not buy anything else?

I’m interested in going in for the atmosphere but not sure I’m interested in paying for drinks that are difficult to enjoy if rushed.

Is there a minimum you have to order?

Can you just get one drink and split it and not buy anything else?

I’m interested in going in for the atmosphere but not sure I’m interested in paying for drinks that are difficult to enjoy if rushed.
We went twice on a recent visit. As three adults we bought 6 different alcoholic drinks each time. We didn’t feel rushed or pressured to order quickly. The CMs are very friendly and every so often do various little seemingly impromptu routines which involves guests. A CM noticed that I wasn’t drinking because my drink was too sweet and without being asked gave me a taste of another ‘mix’ and made that up for me instead. I hope that you enjoy your experience.

I appreciate the feedback. I have booked Oga's for our December trip, but I am on the fence. I wanted something fun for people who are not necessarily SW fans, but are interested in seeing the Land. We will not be going on SR, I think, and am not sure ROTR will be open, so this seemed to be the likely "attraction for us. It is not cheap though, and will be one of many OOP expenses that crop up all week.

I like to see both the positive and negative critique when poll are kind enough to share their reasoning, so that I can make a decision in advance if possible.

We will not be going on SR, I think,

why not? This just confuses me. Ok I get that not everyone is a Star Wars fan, but its a new ride, a new experience. Dont you want to try something new and form your own opinion?

why not? This just confuses me. Ok I get that not everyone is a Star Wars fan, but its a new ride, a new experience. Dont you want to try something new and form your own opinion?

I have motions sickness, and read that this one is not going to make that better. I cannot go on Star Tours either. I don't care if the girls want to go , I can wait for them, but so far they do not even want to see this Land. I figuredif I booked Oga's they would at least have something from that Land to enjoy.

I have motions sickness, and read that this one is not going to make that better. I cannot go on Star Tours either. I don't care if the girls want to go , I can wait for them, but so far they do not even want to see this Land. I figuredif I booked Oga's they would at least have something from that Land to enjoy.
My family all enjoyed Oga's. We were 4 at the bar in a space for 2 and still found it enjoyable. My kids are 11, 13 and enjoy lounges like Trader Sam's, Hangar Bar, etc. Not sure how old your kids are, but my 11 really loved the Tatooine Sunset at Ronto's Roasters and that's also a cool place to hang out and look around, but has more seating.

My family all enjoyed Oga's. We were 4 at the bar in a space for 2 and still found it enjoyable. My kids are 11, 13 and enjoy lounges like Trader Sam's, Hangar Bar, etc. Not sure how old your kids are, but my 11 really loved the Tatooine Sunset at Ronto's Roasters and that's also a cool place to hang out and look around, but has more seating.

Thank you! The girls are 13. I am not at all sure what they are going to enjoy, one has never been on a vacation, and the other was at WDW when she was 5 on a trip with about 14 other people, off site and Mom hated every minute. The girls are so excited, but are not really sure why, KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter