So does anyone think that the Toy Story character meal will happen?

SnoWhiteRabbit

DIS Veteran
From time to time, and especially since the new story book princess/royal family meal is due to open, people mention the possibility of a heros or Toy Story meal....what do you think?...just wishful thinking? Or does somebody out there know something..........do tell!

I called disney this morning and spoke with the CM about the princess breakfast. I mentioned to her that boys would really like Toy Story. She said that I should keep calling and checking because they have a new VP and he has been walking around and talking with the CM's and she said that a Toy Story breakfast is very likely.

-Amie

I heard from a CM that they are discussing having one at the Odyssey restaurant in Epcot. Whether or not there's any truth to that, I think we'll have to wait and see.

Lisa:cool:

I have also heard rumors of a possible Toy Story Character Breakfast to take place at the Odyssey Restaurant in Epcot.

My source was a Cast Member, so maybe there is something to this.

not happening.. I know from firsthand experience that they could not possibly work in a dining environment

They would have to do something major with the costumes fisrt. Buzz and Woody were huge at MGM last year, And Buzz is very limited in his movement, (couldn't even hug my son).

It would be fun to watch him turning around and smacking people in the back of the head with his hard plastic suit, and knocking down waitresses... food and drink flying everywhere. It could be entertaining.

Maybe this is old news but during lunch at Akershus (Norway) last week, the wait staff had said they would be offering a character meal there beginning in fall. No real details of which characters, but I wouldn't necessarily equate this restaurant with Woody and Buzz. That would seem an odd fit.

This is a terrific restaurant, by they way. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Mr. Karnage, the new princess breakfast that was mentioned earlier in the thread is now being held at Akershus. Certainly a better fit for the place, isn't it?

Unfortunately Toy Story doesn't sound like one that can get a meal.....but a heros meal would be appreciated! I'm not holding my breath though...

Just a thought....couldn't they do a meal where the characters don't come to the tables but where each table would be allowed a certain time with the characters in a central location in the restaurant?

Originally posted by Lesley
Just a thought....couldn't they do a meal where the characters don't come to the tables but where each table would be allowed a certain time with the characters in a central location in the restaurant?

as good of an idea as that would be (and trust me, it would be cool), it wouldn't work for a few reasons..

1-The characters are required to see a minimum % of the restaurant every set (generally, 75-100% of the restaurant, depending on which restaurant). Allowing a table too much time would not work w/ that policy. Plus, the characters can be penalized for not seeing the minimum every set... I know of CM's who have been fired for repeatedly failing to do so. (so, don't send your kids to go get a character when he's at another table... HE'LL BE THERE SHORTLY!!! LOL)

2-As dumb as this sounds, the restaurant requires a relatively quick turnover to make money. The restaurant pays entertainment to have the characters there (and it's not cheap... 3 characters for 1 hour-$1000), so if they're not making money, the characters will be the first thing gone. As much as the characters would LOVE to spend more time with each family, they can't.

With those reasons, the only way they could do this, would be to make this quite possible the most expensive character meal at WDW, or to have fewer characters there, and limited seating

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter