• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Happy I Could (And Still Might!) Cry...

JessGWI

Earning My Ears
Got up at 5AM this morning to do my final once over for my ADR's after MUCH anxiety and stress. So many reports of having a difficult time getting August ADR's made me very very nervous. I have waited since I was a little girl to make my first trip, and have been planning for about a year now. After weeks of spreadsheets, dining reviews, Plan As-Z...it was finally my turn this morning. I know this is going to be the only trip I get DH to agree on before we have kids, so there were MANY restaurants that were a must do for me this trip. Here's a look at what we scored this morning:

Day 1:
Dinner- Cape May Cafe (Seafood Lover's in the House!)

Day 2:
Breakfast- Crystal Palace 805AM (Park Opening 9AM!)
Lunch- Tony's 1220PM
Dinner- Ohana 7PM

Day 3:
Breakfast- Kona Cafe 730AM
Lunch- Liberty Tree Tavern 110PM
Dinner- Cali Grill 855 PM (Fireworks at 10PM!)

Day 4:
Breakfast- QS at Resort
Lunch- 50s Prime Time Cafe 1115AM
Dinner- Mama Melrose's (for the Fantasmic Dinner Package!) 435PM

Day 5:
Breakfast- The Wave 730AM
Lunch- Coral Reef 1240PM
Dinner- Chefs de France 7PM

Day 6:
Breakfast- Boma 730AM
Lunch- Yak and Yeti 1PM
Dinner- Jiko 800PM

Day 7:
Breakfast- Maya Grill
Lunch- Tutto Italia 1PM
Dinner- Le Cellier 700PM

Day 8:
Breakfast- Tusker House 825AM
Dinner- Narccoossee's 830PM

Day 9:
Lunch- Sci Fi Drive In 110PM
Dinner- Hollywood and Vine 655PM

Day 10:
Breakfast-Akershus 805AM
Lunch- Rose & Crown 1PM
Dinner- Biergarten 7PM

Only things I had to change up were the resort breakfasts...I wanted them for 7 and got them all for 730, and I wish that Fantasmic was a wee bit later, but overall, I was EXTREMELY pleased. I guess the point of my post, is just not to freak out like I did, there are plenty of ADR's still there.

Well done....especially on scoring a 7pm le cellier....VERy hard to get!

but that is a LOT of food!:scared1:

Wonderful list of ADRs.:thumbsup2

At Tusker House and Crystal Palace, even Akershus, ask for your check as soon as your drinks are brought. If you are leaving a cash tip, you can go ahead and pay as these are buffets with a set price. That way you aren't waiting after you are done eating and can be out before the parks open. We did this and it works great.

The only reason I mention the tip is someone people like to wait to see how their server does before determining the tip.

At Tusker House the rope is right there for K. Safaries. You'll be right there and can get on one of the first trucks.

That's about as late as you can possibly get for the Fantasmic dinner package - latest ones are at 4:50 I think.

I know it feels great to get everything you wanted. I too was a wreck, especially the week leading up to our reservation day and only got worse as the week went on, i had to keep finding things to take my mind off of it. I got up early anyway but of course didnt get on until 5:55 when it switched over. It was such a breeze i could not believe it. The rest of the day i was so happy and celebrated by having a nice dinner & dessert!!!

I am glad to hear it went the way you wished! I will be doing this next Monday early! I never used the online ADR system before, so I am nervous too, but I did a practice (didn't acutally make a ressie, just went through the system up to to booking point)

We might be at Akershus at the same time for Breakfast!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter