So happy we tried The Wave!

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
We arrived at the Poly on Saturday, 5/12 around 11:30am. Our original game plan was to grab an early lunch at Capt. Cook’s, but it was slammed (it was raining outside so the inside tables were all full and there was a very long line.) We didn’t want to deal with that at the time so I booked a last minute noon ADR at The Wave - we high tailed it over to the Contemporary and got there just in time.

It was so relaxing (even with a 3 year old and 1.5 year old who were exhausted after waking up at 3:30am for our flight) and delicious. Quiet and zen was just what we needed at the time and we had an excellent server.

Thanks to all who have recommended it on here! These days we mostly just book a couple “must do” character meals in advance and play the rest by ear - lots of quick service and last minute ADRs here or there. The Wave is now on our list of favorites! What a gem.

Last edited:
That happened to us a few years ago. We were staying at the Poly and couldn't get into Kona, we saw an ADR for the Wave and tried it. It was wonderful. The next time we stayed at the CR we ate at the Wave several times. It is a great place.

We arrived at the Poly on Saturday, 5/12 around 11:30am. Our original game plan was to grab an early lunch at Capt. Cook’s, but it was slammed (it was raining outside so the inside tables were all full and there was a very long line. We didn’t want to deal with that at the time so I booked a last minute noon ADR at The Wave - we high tailed it over to the Contemporary and got there just in time.

It was so relaxing (even with a 3 year old and 1.5 year old who were exhausted after waking up at 3:30am for our flight) and delicious. Quiet and zen was just what we needed at the time and we had an excellent server.

Thanks to all who have recommended it on here! These days we mostly just book a couple “must do” character meals in advance and play the rest by ear - lots of quick service and last minute ADRs here or there. The Wave is now on our list of favorites! What a gem.

It's been a must for us for a few years now- love it! How good was the bread ! That salt !

We 'have' to do the breakfast buffet every trip. It is delicious, and unlike the other breakfast buffets we have had on property. Not to say we didn't like the others, The Wave's buffet just seems more classy, for lack of another word right now.

Yep yep! We love how quiet and zen it is too. After a hot, humid, loud, chaotic day in the park it's like a peaceful oasis of pampering. Our servers have always been delightful and the food so so good. That bacon and eggs app at dinner!

For sure! The Wave is a go-to restaurant any time that my family and I go to Disney. I love dinner there and never know exactly what to get because everything that I've eaten there in the past has been absolutely delicious. :thumbsup2

Glad to hear you liked it. It is one of our favorite resort places to go for breakfast.

We love The Wave. We planned to go there once on our last trip and ended up going again the next night because the entire family enjoyed it. My son ate his kids meal and then half his dad's meal too! The service is terrific too. There was a family sitting next to us that was visiting WDW for the first time and the manager talked to them for about 15 minutes giving them advice on things to do.

I'm glad you liked it! We are trying it for breakfast for the first time in November. I'm really looking forward to it.

I know you chimed in on my 'finding mickey waffle' thread awhile back (I remembered you pointing out your Dis name). We currently have breakfast ADR for CM, but we've eaten there twice before, the kids are teens now, & my DH has requested mickey waffles for our trip. Can you confirm if Wave buffet has MW? That would be a much cheaper non- character meal.

Ahh, drat, I realize you were there at noon, probably didn't see what breakfast items they have on the buffet.

I know you chimed in on my 'finding mickey waffle' thread awhile back (I remembered you pointing out your Dis name). We currently have breakfast ADR for CM, but we've eaten there twice before, the kids are teens now, & my DH has requested mickey waffles for our trip. Can you confirm if Wave buffet has MW? That would be a much cheaper non- character meal.

The Wave does indeed have Mickey waffles!! In fact, I do declare, they are the 'best' I've eaten on property!! Maybe they're all alike - but, to me, these are crispy on outside, yet so tender moist in the middle. Yum, Yum,Yummy!!!!

I think some of the places make so many in advance that they dry out!!! It's not the ingredients! We always do the breakfast buffet there - so many different yummy dishes on it.
Ready to go back there now!! :P

We’ve only enjoyed the lounge and the food there. Will definitely try the restaurant next trip in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter