SO: Have you ever had a flight diverted?

Have you ever had a flight diverted?

• Yes

Votes: 57 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 44 41.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters
One time DH and I were flying from STL to LAX via Salt Lake City. There was a group of passengers that had been heading to Omaha the night before when their plan had to land because of mechanical trouble. So they put them on our flight and we made an extra stop in Omaha to let them off. This meant we missed our connecting flight in Salt Lake City, but they put us in first class on a later flight. All seemed fine until we got to LAX and realized our luggage got off in Omaha. They finally got it to us around 10 or 11 o'clock that night.

I was on a diverted flight. We couldn’t land in Seattle so they diverted us to Portland. We were at the back of the plane, so all the people ahead of us got first dibs on being rebooked. The compensation offered was to bus us the 3+ hours to Seattle. But they weren’t sure when they could get a bus. We had 3 young kids at the time so we ended up renting a car at 1:00am and driving ourselves rather than wait. It was a huge hassle.

Nope, never had a flight diverted. I've had flights delayed, one flight cancelled, but I've never been diverted. I'd like to keep it that way. :)

I used to fly into the Lexington, ky airport on a regular basis many many years ago. To get there from anywhere at that time usually required a connection in Cincinnati or Atlanta (I'm sure it still does). Seems like it was a fairly regular occurrence to get diverted to Louisville for some reason or another then bused to Lexington.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter