So Helpless with Our Sick Pup

NEVERENOUGHWDW

<font color=blue>Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Unde
I know so many of you feel this way but our 10 year old girl has been sick for 8 days and in the hospital since Saturday morning.

Knowing how much comfort and joy she has given me and the rest of the family makes you just want to have comfort her.
Visiting hours are so hard. She has IVs in both front paws and so many shaved spots from several blood tests.

We are praying she recovers......If your a dog lover please pray for our Lily.

IMG_6285_2.jpg

IMG_6302.jpg

Aw, poor baby, positive thoughts for her speedy recovery. :hug: She's a li'l doll. :lovestruc

Lily is a sweet baby girl. Prayers that she heals. :hug: Please keep us posted.

:grouphug: from your friends over at Where in the World. You've had your Lily for 10 years and, according to my dog groomer DD that's a long time for her breed. She's already "preparing me" for Goopy's "elder years". When same DD was in high school she'd bring home any stray dog that crossed her path. After she married she did the same thing and at one point, between the 2 of us we had 16 dogs! Living in the country, a few of hers have disappeared and we've lost 2 of our older dogs this year to, simply put, old age. It's never easy and Denise can tell you how agonizing it was for me during the last few weeks with our Levi. Hopefully your vet will find something in the blood tests that can start her on the road to recovery. Our Little Bear had diabetes (shots twice a day); was blind and deaf but she stayed with us as long as she could. Up until her last day, she always had a wag of the tail and a kiss for us. Our doggies know how much we love them and all we can do is keep them comfortable, talk to them, reassure them and love them with lots of hugs and kisses. And, as your Disboard friends, we'll do the same for you...talk to you, reassure you and send lots of love, hugs and kisses your way. :grouphug: Hang in there...........:tink:

Sending prayers for lily, let us know how she's doing .:hug:
She looks just like my max!

Good Morning....
We picked up Lily last night. She has Cushings (sp) Disease and 2 tumors. One in her adrenal gland which made her blood pressure so outrageous.

They felt we could do the 24 hour care at home now that she is stable and she might perk up being at home.
Our goal is to get her strong enough so the tumors can be removed but we have to pray & see.

The staff was so good to her...They kept her out of the ICU crate and set her up in a pack n' play even with her 2 IVs in her front paws.
I have to feed her every 4 hours with a liquid food by syringe, she hates it. Lots of medication but this morning for a moment she wagged her tail which was wonderful.

Hope I can continue to update you all. It really helps me which helps our girl.

I'm glad your Lily is home & wagging her tail, at least a little. We've had two dogs with Cushings. it's been a while but I remember they were both on prednisone for it. Our first dog with Cushings also had a tumor on her adrenal gland. She did not have surgery but instead was given a short term dose of a drug that I can't recall. This was about 25 years ago & I imagine treatment protocols have changed.

She's sure to feel better being home with her loving family! Please update us when you can. There's a lot of animal lovers on this board!

I'm glad your Lily is home & wagging her tail, at least a little. We've had two dogs with Cushings. it's been a while but I remember they were both on prednisone for it. Our first dog with Cushings also had a tumor on her adrenal gland. She did not have surgery but instead was given a short term dose of a drug that I can't recall. This was about 25 years ago & I imagine treatment protocols have changed.

She's sure to feel better being home with her loving family! Please update us when you can. There's a lot of animal lovers on this board!

Thank you so much. I've had some very kind messages sent my way.

She actually ate today so we are thrilled but know there is a long road to go.

thinking of your family especially Lily, who I hope continues to get better. It is so hard to see our little furry family members sick.

Update on Lily...she is home and being watching really carefully.

More medication was added and she sees the doctor weekly.

She is in no pain and we're very conscious of her quality of life because she has given so much to us.:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter