So.......How early do you start to pack before your trip to Disney?

As early as possible - I hate having it hanging over my head.

Living in the northeast, if our trip is January through May, I can legitimately start packing in October since I won't be wearing things like short again until I get down there.

August trips (going next week) are much tougher in me, about 2 weeks is as early as I can get. Stresses me out a bit.

Have all toiletries and and tech accessories permanently packed as there are bags specifically for that and they sit in my closet year round.

Wife makes fun of me about it all the time. She opens up her suitcase about 3 hours before we leave for the airport.

But if you blow them up with regular air they don’t float so how would they activate the a/c motion sensor?
Yep, gonna huff and puff (or possibly my son or his SO is going to huff and puff). I'm not too worried about them floating, the motion sensors just need to sense motion so as long as they are moving it should be fine. I travel with a fan that I put on the table by the bed (hot flashes) so that and the balloons should keep enough air moving. I figure if I tie them to a chair they should move some.

Well I started mine today, my husband will start his tomorrow, as we are leaving Tuesday. I of course will go thru his to make sure nothing is missed. I am pretty sure we will get a few raised eyebrows with our carryon. I will have a baggie or two for my medications and vitamins since my trip to the hospital for my heart last month. All I used to bring was my Excedrin Migraine pills and some first aid items. Now I have 6 prescriptions, low dosage aspirin, migraine pills, 4 different vitamins, plus my husbands 2 prescriptions, allergy pills and his arthritis pills. Pretty crazy as the NFTA wants all drugs in original containers labeled as such. I hate getting older. Ouch they will think we are dealing in drugs. :scared:

I pack a day or two before but I will have a small list of things in my head of things to get for about a month or so beforehand. My mom packs two weeks in advance!

My hubby does a checklist and packs 2 nights before. He is an experienced business traveler, and can probably do it in his sleep…but he is also an over packer.

About a month before the trip, I start putting things together that are not needed for every day in one plastic tote or cardboard box, like my tinker belle hat, extra shoes, new suntan lotion bottle, new disney tees, magic bands, rechargeable neck fans, cords and cell phone battery charger etc…stuff that could be easily forgotten.

We pack in luggage cubes, just open the suitcase and put the cubes away in drawers or shelves. He separates by day, I do mine by clothing type.

For the trip home….we will have nearly identical luggage. One will get the laundry bag while the other will be souvenirs and any unused clothes for padding.

It is an ongoing process that starts after a trip. I have two large shelves in the w/i closet dedicated to WDW. I buy clothes and stash them. Ears and accessories are another category. Toiletries and anything I can't live without goes in another box or two. About two months prior (which is coming up in a couple weeks!) out comes the suitcases and I start sorting new clothing along with favs from other trips. It's all part of the fun!
:laundy:

I just pack the evening before. One of the reasons is that I don't want my clothes to be sitting in the luggage that long. Not only do they get wrinkled, they start to smell being closed up in the suitcase. I travel quite a bit and have my packing techniques down to where it does not take long.

I usually pull my suitcase out about a week/two weeks before and just drop things into it as I think about them. I plan the outfits usually a couple weeks before. My dad and my brother were literally last hour packers and it was always a whole rush the morning of - I hated it. My DH packs the night before.

You're going to hate me, lol. I wait until the night before to pack. :rotfl:
But I live in Florida! I know where all my park essentials are, and if I need anything I'll just pick it up along the way when I get to Davenport/Minneola.

We usually go in November....about every other year....so instead of packing summer clothes away to be put in the basement until the next year, I pack them away in a suitcase sometime in Late Sept/Early Oct (we live in New England). Then about a week before, I haul the suitcases out and reorganize and add anything else we need. Works pretty well!

I m a night before or day of packer for Disney. It is generally me meeting friends for a long weekend and I just take a backpack! I keep a drawer full of my disney trip stuff so its pretty easy.

We take our RV which stays packed except for food, which we load a couple of days before. Meds the morning of. Then a quick 30 minute drive and we're there.

Mostly the night before.

I do pull out our ears and other Disney specific items and I set them aside in a basket in the house so they are ready to go.

I also go shopping a week or two before for our toiletries. I set that aside in that basket too. Shampoo, conditioner, hair products, lotion, face wash, body wash, etc. I would rather have new ones than scramble the morning of trying to pack wet shampoo and things like that. Plus DD and I go through almost a whole bottle of shampoo and conditioner (lots of hair) in a week when you factor in tangled pool hair and two showers a day.

Everything else gets packed the night before since I need all of those things in my everyday life.

I get out a suitcase a day before, the Google packing list and make sure I'm not forgetting any toiletries. Also, I like to bring cheap, thin ponchos to WDW. I can usually re-use them. There are Disney packing lists online.

I already have a preliminary list.

We leave November 2021. :rolleyes1

I will probably actually pack non daily essentials a week or two before, and essentials a few days before.

I get out a suitcase a day before, the Google packing list and make sure I'm not forgetting any toiletries. Also, I like to bring cheap, thin ponchos to WDW. I can usually re-use them. There are Disney packing lists online.

I have one that I saved from my first big Disney trip in 2008. I got it from googling “Disney packing list.” I use it every trip.

Where did you find your packing list?

i don't pack. As a previous poster stated, I have a suitcase ready with everything I need. When i come back from trips, I launder my "Disney" clothes and pack them right back in suitcase, ready for next trip. I always have ponchos, filter water bottles, sun hats, sneakers, etc. in suitcase, along with any meds or first aid. After years of going to WDW, you tend to build up an arsenal of clothes you'd never wear anywhere else!:laundy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter