So how was your Christmas?

Kate_45

Mouseketeer
In a tier 4 area so no guests for us (though we had actually cancelled the day before Boris' announcement due to the changing situation round here). My dad is in my support bubble, though we hadn't actually hugged or seen him indoors since the kids went back to school as he is clinically vulnerable. We got permission a while back to take the kids out of school a few days early so we could isolate before my dad came to stay on Xmas Eve.

It was lovely. Relaxed, seamless, no stress, the dinner was easy with just 5 and lots of time for Lego and board games and snacks in front of the online panto. The kids missed their cousins, but it was much easier without the crack of dawn wake up and extra stress of another family doing things ever so slightly different. Now if only Manchester United had gotten 3 points on boxing Day...

Elsewhere 8 family members across 3 households were isolating over Xmas with positive test results. Careful people but picked it up in schools and hospitals. My sister's family all had it for the second time :-( My BIL had it v.mildly first time round and no antibodies, worse this time but still ok so far. Kids just fevers and one a little cough. My sister however tested positive as part of an asymptomatic study. She had antibodies when NHS did their mass testing and she had had her first vaccination on Saturday. So that's disappointing. But good that she's a) not suffering and b) not unknowingly infecting people.

How was your Christmas UK people? I kept seeing pics of family gatherings on Facebook and forgetting that some people could still meet.

I live alone and have no family or close friends nearby so this Christmas was the same as every other, which was lovely and relaxing. My best friend who lives in the US called and we face timed, which was lovely.
I have been at large family Christmas gatherings in the past and they are not like in the adverts, so I don't miss them. I miss the ones with just me and my late hubby more.
There's a lot to be said for spending the day watching Disney+ with a glass of Babycham and no one complaining or asking what time dinner will be.
I wonder how many people will decide Christmas Day with just immediate family is their new Christmas tradition.

I live alone and have no family or close friends nearby so this Christmas was the same as every other, which was lovely and relaxing. My best friend who lives in the US called and we face timed, which was lovely.
I have been at large family Christmas gatherings in the past and they are not like in the adverts, so I don't miss them. I miss the ones with just me and my late hubby more.
There's a lot to be said for spending the day watching Disney+ with a glass of Babycham and no one complaining or asking what time dinner will be.
I wonder how many people will decide Christmas Day with just immediate family is their new Christmas tradition.
I see your point. Mealtimes was when I missed the extended family. I still automatically cooked for too many on Xmas Eve. Maybe only having people for Christmas dinner and afterwards, with a lazy morning to ourselves might be the future for our family?

My sympathies for your loss. Always more poignant on certain dates.

I don't do Christmas day, but Christmas Eve. It was alright.

I think celebrating Christmas day is really more of a British thing? And I'm not British, hehe, I do live here, boyfriend is British.
But in my family, it's Christmas Eve, so I like to continue that here too.
Which works out fine, so it's just us on Christmas Eve, and then normally around his family on Christmas day.

We had meat fondue for dinner (it's with special oil which I bring back from Belgium, bits of meat you put in it) it's just something different.
And open presents that evening also.
This time, my sister made a family quiz, so we did a zoom meeting and done the quiz. After that, my boyfriend suggested pictionary, which you can do online somewhere and add people yourself, so we done that.
All in all, it was a very nice evening, and even though in different houses/part of the world, we spent it with family :)

I made Christmas dinner a really nice roast goose. Then watched the dire crap the Bridgetons (will someone please explain why the heck would anyone wear a not existing then corset to pinch their waist when no one would see it under the empire line dresses they wore then>) so it was ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter