SO I am sad to say, we were at sea world two weeks ago...

BLTLDZ

Loving our DVC :)
Without Shamu, it's a little lame :sad2:
At least in my opinion...... When we went in 2008 I remember crying during the Shamu show "believe", it was so impressive and touching, ...Even the splashing of the "tails" was not the same...... I still love Seaworld as a whole, but was very dissapointed .

We were just there recently, too, and I was surprised that I still thought it was a pretty neat show. I loved the baby and we got soaked by the tail splashing.

I never did figure out, though, what I was supposed to be believing in. :laughing: If anyone can help me out with that, I'd appreciate it!

And I also wasn't loving how they had the boy falling in love with the whales when they were out in the wild. For me, it was a little like "look how majestic and beautiful these creatures are out in the ocean; now let's look at a couple in our little swimming pool".

Wow, I thought it was just me. We were there last week, and LOVED all of the other shows we went to: A'Lure, Clyde and Seamore's countdown to Christmas, Miracles, Pets Ahoy. They were fabulous and loved everything else about SeaWorld, but there was something off about Believe and we actually left in the middle of it. Oh, well. I guess they can't all be winners:confused3

At least in my opinion...... When we went in 2008 I remember crying during the Shamu show "believe", it was so impressive and touching, ...Even the splashing of the "tails" was not the same...... I still love Seaworld as a whole, but was very dissapointed .

Thats probably why there will be a new show starting in the Spring of 2011. What you saw however is a shorter version due to the birth of the baby. The full length show just returned this past week.

We were there the Wed. before Christmas and didn't even have time to go to a regular Believe show because there was so much to do. Loved all the Christmas shows. Because of the new baby 2 weeks ago they probably still weren't doing the full whale show when you were there. Of course it is different with the trainers not in the water, but the whales are just as awesome .
We went to see the whales in the underwater viewing area and it was probably the most awesome I have ever seen the whales from there. Usually they just swim around and around, but they seem to want to watch the people watching them and all three kept coming right up to the windows to check us all out.

He's the whale you can see in the underwater viewing in the back of the stadium.

Not necessairly. They move the whales around all the time. I've seen babies at underwater viewing several times; ones that are clearly not the 12,000 lb Tilly.

But to answer the question, where is Tilly? He's still living at the Orlando park, they just don't use him in shows or presentations anymore.

Not necessairly. They move the whales around all the time. I've seen babies at underwater viewing several times; ones that are clearly not the 12,000 lb Tilly.

But to answer the question, where is Tilly? He's still living at the Orlando park, they just don't use him in shows or presentations anymore.[/QUOT

When we were there there were 3 whales plus the baby in the underwater viewing pond. The baby was nursing part of the time we watched. They didn't come up to the windows like the other 2 did.

But to answer the question, where is Tilly? He's still living at the Orlando park, they just don't use him in shows or presentations anymore.

Yes your right. However the majority of the time, he is in the underwater viewing area for guests to see. He is currently not in presentations or shows right now, but that doesnt mean it will be that way forever.

Yes your right. However the majority of the time, he is in the underwater viewing area for guests to see. He is currently not in presentations or shows right now, but that doesnt mean it will be that way forever.

I seriously dobut Seaworld will ever run the risk of what happened Febuaray 24th to happen again...in front of guests. The trainers still interact and train him several times a day. They just don't do it within guests view. But that's just my thought.

We were just there recently, too, and I was surprised that I still thought it was a pretty neat show. I loved the baby and we got soaked by the tail splashing.

I never did figure out, though, what I was supposed to be believing in. :laughing: If anyone can help me out with that, I'd appreciate it!
And I also wasn't loving how they had the boy falling in love with the whales when they were out in the wild. For me, it was a little like "look how majestic and beautiful these creatures are out in the ocean; now let's look at a couple in our little swimming pool".

The basic idea is that "one man believed that two worlds could come together as one" and see look at this, two different animals (humans and whales) could work together to inspire others. And that anything is possible if you believe....

...I always thought what they did with this show as a bit of a stretch, and thought that with all the possiblities that what they came up with was way to "entertainment" like, and I wish they would go back to doing more educational and conservational things....

I seriously dobut Seaworld will ever run the risk of what happened Febuaray 24th to happen again...in front of guests. The trainers still interact and train him several times a day. They just don't do it within guests view. But that's just my thought.

Im sure if they ever did bring him back into shows, that they would have a ton of new safety procedures in place.

yep - the whales must look at the screen of their fellow whales in the ocean and think 'what did i do so bad to end up here in this tiny concrete pool - performing tricks for dead fish?'

yep - the whales must look at the screen of their fellow whales in the ocean and think 'what did i do so bad to end up here in this tiny concrete pool - performing tricks for dead fish?'

....except that the whales "in the wild on screen" are whales from Calfiornia; because all of the video portions of Believe were filmed at the California park...

Hey! Good to see your back!

To reply to your post.... ;)

The majority of the whales were born at Seaworld, so they really dont know what the ocean is.

Happy New Year!

....except that the whales "in the wild on screen" are whales from Calfiornia; because all of the video portions of Believe were filmed at the California park...

i didn't know that. does the audience know this too? so the 'wild whales' aren't really wild then...

We watched the show just after Christmas, and there was definately something missing, what with the trainers not being in the water. It was still good - after all, they are still animals performing amazing tricks!

Apparently , I heard that Tilikum was only used in the shows to splash the audiences, so the trainers were barely in the water with him.

xxx

]Apparently , I heard that Tilikum was only used in the shows to splash the audiences, so the trainers were barely in the water with him. xxx

The trainers are actually never in the water with Tilly. He is the only adult whale at the Orlando park that has never been involved in any water work (meaning if trainers are fully in the water, Tilly is NOT in the same pool). This was a decision made long ago when Tilikum first arrived to SeaWorld.

The trainers are actually never in the water with Tilly. He is the only adult whale at the Orlando park that has never been involved in any water work (meaning if trainers are fully in the water, Tilly is NOT in the same pool). This was a decision made long ago when Tilikum first arrived to SeaWorld.

We saw Tili Saturday. He was in the very back pool behind the stadium. We hung around after Believe to see the whales since the viewing area was closed and low and behold we looked and saw that big beautiful creature! A trainer was feeding him, and we saw him do a jump in the pool. To lay your eyes on him is unbelievable. He is just amazing! So undescriable! I loved seeing him, although it was from a distance. I love seeing the whales. Especially Tili!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter