SO I am sad to say, we were at sea world two weeks ago...

since january 3rd - tilly has spent all his time in E pool which is 15 feet deep. because they are working building the new show.

tilly is 22 feet long.

since january 3rd - tilly has spent all his time in E pool which is 15 feet deep. because they are working building the new show.

tilly is 22 feet long.

That is false.

Oh and BTW, I cant respond to your wall posts or Private messages for whatever reason. So its not like im being rude, it just wont let me respond. It says "This user has deleted their account"

Then where is Tili been kept then? In that little pool I saw him in? I think its so sad that they wont let him do his thing in the shows anymore. So sad

Then where is Tili been kept then? In that little pool I saw him in? I think its so sad that they wont let him do his thing in the shows anymore. So sad

No. Tilly is brought out to the front pool. And yes, they are training him to be in the new show. Most of what you read on the internet is posted by animal activist extremists who spread lies to try and sway the public against Seaworld.

If you see this post from Julie Scardina responding to peoples questions about the new show, she says regarding putting Tilly in the new show....
"Tilikum has been working sessions in the show pool to prepare him to return to the show when the time is right."

(This is the response to the very last question at the bottom of the page)
http://www.seaworldparksblog.com/one-ocean-facebook-qa-animal-ambassador-julie-scardina

The "Show Pool" is the giant 30 something foot pool that the whales perform in. Tilly is worked with and still cared for the trainers at all times during the day. He may not be interacted with every waking second of every single day, but that doesn't mean he isn't.

What "Little Pool" did you see him in? The small med pool that he was in after the accident? Whales are never kept in that pool for long periods of time. Infact the only time they are in that pool is for emergencies. Did you see this in person? Or rather in a picture taken from a helicopter after the accident last year? If it was in the picture, you would see that the gate to the much larger pool was open, but he was choosing on his own to be in the smaller pool at the time. He has his choice to be where he wants to be in the back, or if hes in the front, he chooses which of the front pools he wants to be in.

And also as a side note, the pool in the back that Tilly is sometimes in, is much larger than 15 feet. Its illegal to have a whale that big in such a small pool. And for animal rights extremists, believe it or not, Seaworld is inspected every so often to make sure that they are meeting the needs of the animals. I know Animal rights extremists like to paint the picture that Seaworld can do whatever it wants to the whales and dolphins, and if given the choice, could keep them in a tank the size of your swimming pool in the backyard. But this is false. They are regulated and need to follow regulations. This is also part of the reason why the trainers aren't in the water with the whales. Because OSHA wont allow it at this time.

No. Tilly is brought out to the front pool. And yes, they are training him to be in the new show. Most of what you read on the internet is posted by animal activist extremists who spread lies to try and sway the public against Seaworld.

:worship::worship::worship:

since january 3rd - tilly has spent all his time in E pool which is 15 feet deep.

E pool is one of two pools used for emergencies. The bottom of the pool can be raised to bring the whales up for veterinary procedures. No whales are kept in these medical pools for any extended amount of time.

In the past, Tilly was generally kept in either A, F, or G pool; most likely, he continues to spend most of his time in F during the parks open hours.

Whats comical is alot of this crap is spewed by an anti Seaworld page on facebook. One of the members of this page is a lady with serious mental problems. She claims she goes to Seaworld almost every week. And when she is there, she spends the entire day at the underwater viewing area. From 9:00am until park closing. However, this is impossible, because Underwater viewing for the Killer whales doesnt open until 10:30am. And that side of the park is blocked off by Seaworld staff until then. But anyway, she claims she feels Tillys spirit and Tilly talks to her when she's stands up against the glass and he swims by.

She is joined by a guy who was at the Shamu Believe show the day of the accident. and because of this, he thinks he's some sort of all knowing being who now knows everything about the accident and everything about killer whales. He wasn't at the Dine With Shamu experience where the accident occurred. Rather, he was "close by" so obviously he knows exactly what happened. :rolleyes:

The guy is in it for publicity. Showing the members of the page the emails he has sent to news publications and stations. And emails he sent to the government. He has requested to be on talk shows to be interviewed about events of that day. Though again, he saw nothing but claims he knows. And he gets pissed off when he gets no responses from the newspapers or stations or government. I wonder why? Maybe because he's full of crap?

Anyway, the point of this is these two are the ones fueling most of the Bull that is spewed against Seaworld. The only people that listen to their claims are organizations like PETA and a website about killer whales who is obviously anti Seaworld. These organizations in return publish the lies where everyone can see them like Seaworlds facebook page or websites like this. And they twist it in a way that seems believable. Instead of saying "So and so said Tilly talked to her and said he is sad." The twist it to say "So and so spent the entire day at underwater viewing and watched the trainers being abusive to Tilly." which simply isn't true. How come these reports of abuse come from these crazy people but not the average park guest? So and So also claims she knows what happens after park hours. Because Tilly tells her. Which obviously is a load of bull.

For people who are against Seaworld. You can feel the way you want. Thats fine, but check your facts for yourself and dont listen to claims of people who are in it for their 15 minutes of fame. Whether you think whales should be in captivity or not, dont turn a blind eye to the facts. The fact that Seaworld does great things for these animals. I'll be completely honest, a few years ago I wasnt sure that these whales should be in captivity at Seaworld. But then I was given the opportunity to see what goes on between shows and after park close. I saw things that normal people dont get to see. And that completely changed my opinion. I saw the whales happily swimming and playing with each other. The trainers interacting with the whales in fun and unique ways. I saw the bond and the love between the whales and trainers. Including Tilly. With all but 4 of Seaworlds 20 something whales being born in captivity and the 4 that were not born in captivity being rescued by Seaworld from other abusive marine parks, just think what a disaster it would be to release them. Even to a "coastal Sea Pen"

They cant fend for themselves after all these years under human care. And ontop of that, how many diseases are in the ocean that their bodies aren't accustomed to? To those who think a coastal Seapen is STILL a good option, claiming the whales will have more room to move around. That too is false. Here is a picture of the Seapen where the star of the movie "Free Willy" was put for years after his release. This thing was probably as big than Seaworlds pools maybe a bit smaller. Have a look at this website. This was probably created by a fan of his, but if you scroll down, there is a picture of his Seapen and what it looked like.
http://www.btinternet.com/~friendoftheorcas/sherie_new/keiko.htm

Oh but he was in the ocean so it was better. Again, go back to the whole thing about disease. When Kieko was released on his own into the ocean he died shortly after due to pneumonia.

Oh and the whales "Caretakers" will still interact with the whales. But when Seaworld trainers do this its apparently selfish and not in the best interest for the animals. Its also "abusive" But here is Keikos Seapen Caretaker having some fun with Keiko in his Seapen. I guess because the guy is standing on this nose its ok because its in the ocean.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2008/05/medium_keiko.JPG

The point is, that a Seapen is like Seaworld. But smaller. And Seaworld uses the shows to keep the whales entertained and stimulated. In a Seapen, they sit there. And sometimes a caretaker will stand on the whales nose.

I just want to encourage all to find facts for yourselves and not believe what everyone says. Your opinions are yours. Thats fine. If you see the crazy lady in underwater viewing, don't encourage her ;) And for those who say.... "Oh I have seen Tilly all alone and floating in underwater viewing." Ok. Well research the facts and find out why male killer whales are seperated from the female whales. And again, you dont see what happens after park closing. He may be put with the other whales. Who knows? Find the facts out for yourself.

hey KBF - hope that you are well.

it won't let me post messages either - maybe cause all my infractions!

the lady you are talking about wrote this piece - please let me know what you think:

http://theorcaproject.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/seeing-is-believing-tilikums-lonely-life-after-dawn/

She campaigns for tilly and aswell as lolita. She wrote this to me about trying to watch tilly:

'I'd say having a "SeaWorld Investigator" throw a badge in my face and tell me to move on or get kicked out of the park, while 3 security guards were "standing by" was a little hostile. They also like to "watch me" watch the shows. It's cr...eepy, so I have resorted to wearing disguises. You always have this 'sense of being stared at' when you're there if not. Honestly, I go just to see Tili. I can't take my eyes off him...even when the shows are going, I just watch him. It's a depressing place and I always feel drained after going there.'

keikio situation: whales in capitvity died of pneumona too. so keiko dying after 4 years of being 'free' of pneumona isn't unusual.

KBF - so is tilly not been kept in E pool since january 3rd? this lady says he has. you say he isn't.
who do we believe?

i hope that he hasn't. a 22ft orca in a pool that is 15 ft deep for that long period of time. that is beyond terrible.
SW wouldn't pull this kind of s**t would they? i hope you are right. i hope they wouldn't.

i expect miami aquarium to do that. but i thought SW wouldn't.

KBF - you can help me out on this - you visit SW often, right? when you next go t here can ask them if tilly has been kept in E pool the whole time since january 3rd. Please for me. xx

i am learning with this captivity issue nothing is black or white x

hey KBF - hope that you are well.

it won't let me post messages either - maybe cause all my infractions!

the lady you are talking about wrote this piece - please let me know what you think:

http://theorcaproject.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/seeing-is-believing-tilikums-lonely-life-after-dawn/

She campaigns for tilly and aswell as lolita. She wrote this to me about trying to watch tilly:

'I'd say having a "SeaWorld Investigator" throw a badge in my face and tell me to move on or get kicked out of the park, while 3 security guards were "standing by" was a little hostile. They also like to "watch me" watch the shows. It's cr...eepy, so I have resorted to wearing disguises. You always have this 'sense of being stared at' when you're there if not. Honestly, I go just to see Tili. I can't take my eyes off him...even when the shows are going, I just watch him. It's a depressing place and I always feel drained after going there.'

keikio situation: whales in capitvity died of pneumona too. so keiko dying after 4 years of being 'free' of pneumona isn't unusual.

KBF - so is tilly not been kept in E pool since january 3rd? this lady says he has. you say he isn't.
who do we believe?

i hope that he hasn't. a 22ft orca in a pool that is 15 ft deep for that long period of time. that is beyond terrible.
SW wouldn't pull this kind of s**t would they? i hope you are right. i hope they wouldn't.

i expect miami aquarium to do that. but i thought SW wouldn't.

KBF - you can help me out on this - you visit SW often, right? when you next go t here can ask them if tilly has been kept in E pool the whole time since january 3rd. Please for me. xx

i am learning with this captivity issue nothing is black or white x

I can also confirm that Tilly has NOT been keept in pool E since January. Even if it had been suggested to keep Tilly in that pool, quite simply, the trainers would not allow it. The trainers are working with him for the new show.

I say this not as an employee(because I am not), not as someone who "has to wear a disguse" because the SW crew members are "watching me", but as someone who loves animals and spends a lot of time at Sea World. The whales at SW are very well cared for and loved by their humans.

If you see this post from Julie Scardina responding to peoples questions about the new show, she says regarding putting Tilly in the new show....
"Tilikum has been working sessions in the show pool to prepare him to return to the show when the time is right."

(This is the response to the very last question at the bottom of the page)
http://www.seaworldparksblog.com/one-ocean-facebook-qa-animal-ambassador-julie-scardina

The "Show Pool" is the giant 30 something foot pool that the whales perform in. Tilly is worked with and still cared for the trainers at all times during the day. He may not be interacted with every waking second of every single day, but that doesn't mean he isn't.

What "Little Pool" did you see him in? The small med pool that he was in after the accident? Whales are never kept in that pool for long periods of time. Infact the only time they are in that pool is for emergencies. Did you see this in person? Or rather in a picture taken from a helicopter after the accident last year? If it was in the picture, you would see that the gate to the much larger pool was open, but he was choosing on his own to be in the smaller pool at the time. He has his choice to be where he wants to be in the back, or if hes in the front, he chooses which of the front pools he wants to be in.

And also as a side note, the pool in the back that Tilly is sometimes in, is much larger than 15 feet. Its illegal to have a whale that big in such a small pool. And for animal rights extremists, believe it or not, Seaworld is inspected every so often to make sure that they are meeting the needs of the animals. I know Animal rights extremists like to paint the picture that Seaworld can do whatever it wants to the whales and dolphins, and if given the choice, could keep them in a tank the size of your swimming pool in the backyard. But this is false. They are regulated and need to follow regulations. This is also part of the reason why the trainers aren't in the water with the whales. Because OSHA wont allow it at this time.

Thanks for the info. I dont read alot of that BS on the internet by these people you are talking about!

I did read that FAQ you posted about though. Very insightful.

The pool that I saw him in was way in the back. We hung around after the BELIEVE show and I finally got to see Tili from a distance! He was in the very last pool jumping and splashing! He was so beautiful! Here is a pic:

255584f4.jpg

anyway, I just hope he is part of the new show. Not so much for entertainment value, but just to keep him active and to be part of something! Thanks again for all the info!

I can also confirm that Tilly has NOT been keept in pool E since January. Even if it had been suggested to keep Tilly in that pool, quite simply, the trainers would not allow it. The trainers are working with him for the new show.

I say this not as an employee(because I am not), not as someone who "has to wear a disguse" because the SW crew members are "watching me", but as someone who loves animals and spends a lot of time at Sea World. The whales at SW are very well cared for and loved by their humans.

thanks. do you get to visit SW often? so you know that Tilly has been in the bigger pools?
Thanks again - gives me hope that he not stuck in that tiny pool.

The pool that I saw him in was way in the back. We hung around after the BELIEVE show and I finally got to see Tili from a distance! He was in the very last pool jumping and splashing! He was so beautiful! Here is a pic:

255584f4.jpg

is that the tiny E pool though?

thanks. do you get to visit SW often? so you know that Tilly has been in the bigger pools?
Thanks again - gives me hope that he not stuck in that tiny pool.

I am at SW a couple of times a month (if not more). I see Tilly each time. I have yet to see Tilly in the medical pool.

is that the tiny E pool though?

That is pool F; it is the second largest pool, after A pool (the show pool).

Neither medical pool (D or E) are visible from the picture, but they would be on the right and left sides, connected to but in front of F pool. E pool is NOT large enough for Tilly to jump in; he wouldn't even be able to really turn around in it. This is because it's purpose is for veterinary procedures, where they need to keep the whale close and within reach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter