So i finally got a coveted pin and...

rosiegmendez

Mouseketeer
It was for 2014 and we're going the last week of January 2015 and the pin is pretty much the same offer available now so...

What's so special? What am I missing?

The general offer does not have much availability. Your PIN may have more. Wish I could get one! Congrats. At least you are in the hopper!

My husband got another pin yesterday. It was his second since we booked, I believe. We are booked for November 2014, free dining.

His pin offered more resort choices with free dining than the general offering (which we booked under). If I remember correctly, we chose not to use then first pin because it was about the same as the general offering. This pin offered a bit of a better "deal" than the earlier one.

Now I am trying to decide if we "upgrade" or stick with what we have!! First world problems...

Uggh. Did it have BC/YC or BWI availability? I wish we got this PIN.
Do you really want to know :)?

In our case, yes. But I have no idea if it was the same offer as the OP. Ours was classified as a "Package With a Dining Plan for Returning Guests".

There was a room only pin as well, but I did not dig into that one - it was not a better value for us this trip.

Can you tell me if it includes the AS Movies resort? I am so tired of not getting PIN codes, we go to Disney every year and have for the last 30 years. :confused3

I want to be in the hopper!!!! I have called several times to see if I have pin....disappointed every time.......

We received a pin a couple of days ago and all the resorts show up as unavailable. We have received pin offers in the past and they have been great. Wondering what's the deal with this time. If nothing is available, then why send out a pin?

Been to Disney 4 times. Flirt with the site yearly and have never received a PIN code. EVER.:mic:

We received a pin a couple of days ago and all the resorts show up as unavailable. We have received pin offers in the past and they have been great. Wondering what's the deal with this time. If nothing is available, then why send out a pin?

Years of visiting WDW and no pin offers. Last year, for my first pin, I also received a pin that had zero availability. I wasted a lot of time online then calling long distance (from Canada) and got so fed up with the upsell availability of the more expensive resorts I sent a complaint via email asking when WDW had adopted a bait and switch policy and when did that type of marketing become legal in the US. Actually got an email response and a call back from a live person. Probably unrelated but the pin this year was for FD one week prior to the offer out at the time and one less day requirement for stay and tickets.

So for those still waiting for a pin, complain - NOT! lol. I too, wonder how the pins get sent out.

Cheers!

Been to Disney 4 times. Flirt with the site yearly and have never received a PIN code. EVER.:mic:

FWIW, here is what made the difference for us. YMMV.

During the course of booking our last trip I called several times, and mentioned to several different CMs, several times (lol) that we had not received PINS. Evah. I also opened the Disney Visa Rewards card. I sent for the free vacationing planning DVD.

Next year I had so many PINS that it was almost funny.

Good luck! pixiedust:

Can you tell me if it includes the AS Movies resort? I am so tired of not getting PIN codes, we go to Disney every year and have for the last 30 years. :confused3

It definitely does. We have the pin and i have been [pricing the free dining from 12/23 on. Movies preferred is the only value that ever shows available.

FWIW, here is what made the difference for us. YMMV.

During the course of booking our last trip I called several times, and mentioned to several different CMs, several times (lol) that we had not received PINS. Evah. I also opened the Disney Visa Rewards card. I sent for the free vacationing planning DVD.

Next year I had so many PINS that it was almost funny.

Good luck! pixiedust:
meh, I do all of that every year and I have had the disney rewards card since 2010. the only thing I don't do is call in to tell them I never get PINS. I remember one time a couple years ago I called about something else and mentioned the PINS and they only said it is luck of the draw.

I guess I'm never going to be lucky.

we have been going to Disney every year for 30 years, I have THREE Disney Visa cards, order CDs, price trips and make reservations all the time, and I have called and complained repeatedly, YET NO PINS!!!

It is very frustrating to me and very baffling.

we have been going to Disney every year for 30 years, I have THREE Disney Visa cards, order CDs, price trips and make reservations all the time, and I have called and complained repeatedly, YET NO PINS!!!

It is very frustrating to me and very baffling.

they probably aren't interested in offering to people that come every year because they are getting your money anyway. its teh people that only come once every few years or more they are probably targeting. Of course, they haven't exactly targeted me either so..... eh whatever.

I got one recently, and it was only good until 11/23--it was up to 35% discount on a room or free dining.

Great deal--except my next trip is already booked for Jan. 2015.

Hope to find some sort of discount for that one. :)

We have been to Disney every year for the last five years. Last trip I added my husband's email to make fastpass selections for his parents room who went with us . Last night we got a pin code for free dining on his email. His work does not allow any vacation from October on so we could not use it. I was shocked that I am always on the site and his email is where we get the pin code.

My husband and I have received 3 different pin codes in the last month all for 30% off your room, but there is no availability. I keep checking every, but it is frustrating. Even under the late fall discount there is no availability.

We've gone nearly every year since 2007. The only one in our family who's gotten a pin code is my 6-year-old son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter