So is Akershus authentic ??- YES !!!

figmentvi

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Lightning Rod Extra
My DH and I just returned from a trip to Norway. What an incredible country !!! Just beautiful !! We stayed in Bergen which was the model for Norway in Epcot.

During our trip we visited a lovely hotel in Lofthus. It just so happened that the day was a holiday and throughout Norway folks were dressed in traditional costume. We had lunch at the hotel and feasted at an incredible buffet.

During our lunch, DH and I looked at each other and said quietly "I feel like I'm at Akershus in Epcot !!". LOL The food was very, very similar in styles, flavors and presentation.

So if anyone is curious, yes Akershus is very, very authentic !!

Agree with you 100%. My best friend is Norwegian, Bergen and after our trip last year I showed her all the pics we had taken and also what we had eaten and she agreed it was very authentic.

Glad you had a great time in Norway. We have been there too, even Bergen, we cruised the fjords like Geiranger Fjord and Songfjord. Breathtaking. We just ate at Akershus in April. Only dh and I, we made the 3 ds go somewhere they wanted. I was asking the cm about another celebration the high school students have. Elisabeth was so sweet explaining it to us. In Norway my dh ate reindeer, but I am glad that is off the menu at Akershus. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter