so is Jack Sparrow now in PoTC ride?

MonkeyPants

DIS Veteran
the 2006 Unofficial guide mentions them planning to put him in toward the end of the ride anyone know if Jack is 'in action' yet?

He's not in it yet, but there's a rumor that the ride will go under rehab sometime in the next year, probably to add Jack and other movie-themed elements to the ride. I don't believe that Disney has said anything official yet though.

meeko_33785 said:
He's not in it yet, but there's a rumor that the ride will go under rehab sometime in the next year, probably to add Jack and other movie-themed elements to the ride. I don't believe that Disney has said anything official yet though.

I've heard from a cast member that they plan to change the last scene of the ride to a sword fight between Jack and Barbossa. Other than that and changing the ship to look more like the Black Pearl, the ride will stay the same. The same person told me that they are considering adding on to the ride a separate show that will run at night. Same ride, but with the pirates in their skeletal forms. Sounds pretty cool to me, but still just a rumor.

I had spoken with a CM she had said they will be closing for refurbishments very soon and they will be adding Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl so it will be ready for the movie release next spring (2006). I would say this rumor is pretty close to truth because the movie did so well and they are even doing a 3rd one as well to come out in 2008. I would say they will add Jack and the Black Pearl. :cool1:

Im normally not in favor of these changes to fit movies. I dont mind changes at all, but I dont like how everything is revolving around movies instead of the ride being unique in it's own.

However, I have noticed that rarely ever is there a line at POTC anymore. I think most are bored with it. I never will be bored with it and love it. But I support this proposed change.

Just FYI, there has been nothing official from Disney on this and the rumors of the refurb have been rumored for over a year now. In fact the rumors started with word that the ride would go down this past summer, which it didnt/isnt.

I also read somewhere that they will also be doing extensive work on the cave. Not remodling but fixing. While you cannot see many of the problems, if you look up you can see holes all along the cave. In many cases they cannot be seen without external lighting.

I would love to see a long refurb of the attraction to add bayou scene such as at DL. I dont think the room is available though some articles have said there is room on the other side of the tracks.

I think change in this case is fine.

I don't think they should change a THING! The movie was based on the ride, not the other way around.
But that's just MO. :rolleyes:

Mickeyistheman said:
I had spoken with a CM she had said they will be closing for refurbishments very soon and they will be adding Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl so it will be ready for the movie release next spring (2006). I would say this rumor is pretty close to truth because the movie did so well and they are even doing a 3rd one as well to come out in 2008. I would say they will add Jack and the Black Pearl. :cool1:

While this is possibly true, this is one of those things that I think some CM's are not themselves at all aware of and take rumor and make it fact to guests.

First of all, refurbs are normally announced ahead of time, and to think that it would happen very soon raises eyebrows.

Also, I see no way that a CM would know ANY information not publicly released about a 3rd POTC movie being that the departments are not even closely related and that information is not diceminated among CM's.

Again, it may be true by chance, because I could see them making a PoTC 3 (though I wish they wouldnt to keep the classic-ness of it) but I seriously doubt any CM is aware of the facts.

Do you all think that it will close down this fall? I have been on the one at DL hundreds of times, but never on the one at the MK. I *hope* it will be open while we are there 11/29-12/6! :wizard:

Magickndm said:
I don't think they should change a THING! The movie was based on the ride, not the other way around.

This is how I feel. I dont mind some changes but I think they should mimic DL's POTC to make them more alike, or make the changes unique in their own way. I have a big problem with the movies controlling all of the attractions.

Again, remember, none of this information has been released and the UOG probably got their "rumor" of it from boards like these.

I just think that things should be unique to an extent. I really dont like where I see Disney moving in this regard.

Uniqueness is leaving us.

civileng68 said:
Also, I see no way that a CM would know ANY information not publicly released about a 3rd POTC movie being that the departments are not even closely related and that information is not diceminated among CM's.

Again, it may be true by chance, because I could see them making a PoTC 3 (though I wish they wouldnt to keep the classic-ness of it) but I seriously doubt any CM is aware of the facts.

They are making a third PoTC movie. This was made public a long time ago. PoTC 2 and PoTC 3 are being filmed back-to-back.

daisy_77 said:
Do you all think that it will close down this fall? I have been on the one at DL hundreds of times, but never on the one at the MK. I *hope* it will be open while we are there 11/29-12/6! :wizard:

I seriously doubt it. If they haven't released it yet, they likely wont.

I'd say if you hit Oct. 1 and have not heard anything, you are likely completely clear from this possibility.

Magickndm said:

I have to agree with you on that one... Not sure about this changing thing, if it even happens.

~Steve

civileng68 said:

If you look up Kiera Knightly and look up her credits Pirates of the Caribbean 3 is already listed on there. The following information on the movie is from IMDB.com
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (2007)
Directed by
Gore Verbinski

Writing credits
Ted Elliott (written by)
Terry Rossio (written by)

Add to MyMovies IMDbPro Professional Details

Genre: Action / Adventure (more)
Production Notes/Status:
Comments: Verbinski is shooting select scenes for PotC 3 as he shoots PotC 2
Status Updated: 11 April 2005
Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change; some data could be removed completely.

civileng68 said:
I seriously doubt it. If they haven't released it yet, they likely wont.

I'd say if you hit Oct. 1 and have not heard anything, you are likely completely clear from this possibility.

Thanks, that is good to hear! :sunny:

daisy_77 said:
I have been on the one at DL hundreds of times, but never on the one at the MK.

Just a warning. . . . and hopefully I don't sound too drab about it. . . . .
If you LOVE the DL version (which is the one I grew up with) you're probably not going to like the MK one as much. :( When I rode it, we got to the end -what felt like halfway through the ride to me- and I was just like " that's IT?!?!?!?!?! So sadly dissapointed. Ofcourse my son loved it, my husband loved it, and it IS a good ride. But when you've been on the DL version it kinda spoils you I guess.
But MK does have some better versions of rides, in my opinion Splash Mountain is better here. . . . so I guess it kinda evens out.

If it's closed in January I'm going to scream. We can't miss POTC or my son will be miserable. :guilty:

I heard from friends that it wasn't as good. I am mostly just curious to see how similar and different they are. I wouldn't mind seeing a little Johnny Depp at the end of the ride...as long as they aren't installing him while we are there. :sunny: I know I am a brat. pirate:

civileng68 said:

I live in the UK and Keira Knightley (one of the stars of POTC: The Curse of the Black Pearl) was recently giving interviews to national radio and press. In these interviews she has said that she was currently filming the new POTC movies with Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp back to back. One for release next year with the 3rd movie to follow later. ;)

tink said:
I live in the UK and Keira Knightley (one of the stars of POTC: The Curse of the Black Pearl) was recently giving interviews to national radio and press. In these interviews she has said that she was currently filming the new POTC movies with Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp back to back. One for release next year with the 3rd movie to follow later. ;)

I stand corrected then. If they are promoting it then absolutely they must be filming it.

She is sooooo hot. However, I was really disappointed to find out that she had been in some very adult movies, including nude sex scenes.

I am also not usually in favor of "changing" rides. However, I would LOVE to see this change. We are HUGE POC fans, pirate: as well as the movie,and of COURSE,Johnnie Depp! We are going Spring Break next year,can't wait! ;)

I agree.......... I love it the way it is, it is a classic. I'd hate for them to change it........ even as much as Johnny and Orlando appeal to me....... :rolleyes1 I still hope they don't do it. Some things should just be left alone. My DS's enjoy the same ride I enjoyed some..........???? years ago, LOL
I'm all for progress, but I enjoy things "the way they've always been" too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter