So just how early are people going to DHS given its new opening time?

I'm still unclear on this - is there early entry for onsite guests every day? I see on the park hours calendar extended evening hours but nothing about mornings so am guessing yes...but want to make sure. So for an 8am park opening day at HS, we can get in at 7:30am (staying onsite) and should plan to probabaly get there no later than 6:45/7am-ish for best results. Sound right? TIA!
If you want to be near the front of the line for any of the parks, I would be there at least 30 minutes before Early Entry, probably closer to 45 minutes to lower your wait.

I'm still unclear on this - is there early entry for onsite guests every day? I see on the park hours calendar extended evening hours but nothing about mornings so am guessing yes...but want to make sure. So for an 8am park opening day at HS, we can get in at 7:30am (staying onsite) and should plan to probabaly get there no later than 6:45/7am-ish for best results. Sound right? TIA!

Yes, early entry (30 minutes) for onsite every day.

Yes. Daily.

To complete the information, yes, every park (MK, Epcot, AK, DHS), every day. (Not water parks)

DHS opened at 8am, with 730am early entry. My daughter and I accidentally slept in and we got to DHS right at 730am. I thought for sure there would be long lines- I was wrong. We walked on Rock n Roll rollercoaster, tower of terror and then waited 10 min for Mickey and Minnie railway. We then headed over to TSM and waited 15min. We got a ton done by 9am!
At 10am we waited standby for ROTR. Posted time 65, we waited 45!

To answer your G+ question.. we booked our 7am at the hotel. We were running late… so I booked them before we left

DHS opened at 8am, with 730am early entry. My daughter and I accidentally slept in and we got to DHS right at 730am. I thought for sure there would be long lines- I was wrong. We walked on Rock n Roll rollercoaster, tower of terror and then waited 10 min for Mickey and Minnie railway. We then headed over to TSM and waited 15min. We got a ton done by 9am!
At 10am we waited standby for ROTR. Posted time 65, we waited 45!
There were long lines, just not near you as you did the counterprogramming of going anywhere but Batuu for the opening! Your experience is a good example for how to do DHS if you're not the biggest SW fan. Glad it went well!

For people reading this thread who can't bear these early times, I can assure you that you can get a lot done with an afternoon arrival. We went to DHS for May 3 and May 4, two completely different experiences. For May 3, it was our arrival day, so we were in our home airport at 7am, trying to figure out the ILL and LL booking system AND wait for times after 2pm to show up to be sure we would be there. (2pm had nothing to do with parkhopping; our park ressie was for DHS.) My friend snagged 5pm RotR at the second drop, and I got a 3pm MFSR. Later, we booked a LL for MMRR. These ILL/LL bookings made all the difference in our day.
We arrived around 2:15, and there was no line up from parkhoppers as I worried there could be. We walked in and walked on Star Tours. Then we walked through the bazaar, and then swiped in for MFSR. Walked through the other side of Batuu, got PhotoPass pics done at a couple places, bought alcoholic milk and sipped as we walked to MMRR. We rode that, and then swiped in for RotR. More shopping and a meal at DB7 before we did a standing visit to Oga's. Then we did our final LL for TSM, thus completing the five rides and 3/4 of the eating experiences I wanted to do at DHS on this short special trip for my friend who is a massive SW fan.
As The Planner, having knocked out all this--and capping off the night by doing standby for RotR at park closing--I was able to relax and know that no matter how insane MTFBWY was, we had done Batuu, and all of it after 2pm. But I really feel getting those passes for RotR and MFSR first thing in the morning were what made it all work, giving us enough time for rides AND browsing the land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter