So many Myrtle Beach resort choices.....

So now are there more prefered spots or sections of beach and if so what parts of Myrtle are better? I don't know much as far as lcation, I've heard it is a rather long beach.

We stayed there in 2008. We enjoyed it, but it is NOT luxury by any stretch. The room was clean, but older, the beds not the best we've ever slept in. We had an oceanfront efficiency - 4th floor, one bath, a full fridge, stove and sink stocked with dishes. 2 beds, and a balcony overlooking the ocean. The boys enjoyed the pools and the beach. We went at the end of August and it wasn't crowded at all. A nice, family place.

ETA - we are considering Compass Cove this year - have heard good things.

Yep - it's not luxury by any means. But it is safe, clean, family oriented, affordable and has so many great features. DS is begging to go back again this year - he especially loves the "ocean pool" - that's what he calls the zero entry one because you can just walk right in. We have a hard time trying any place else because we know what we're gonna get there.

We like the Beach Cove! It is in North Myrtle in a nice quiet area close to Barefoot Landing and Cracker Barrel! The rooms all have stove, mini fridge, microwave and seperate sitting areas! It also has nice pools and lazy river and convenient parking! The only drawback is that the elevators can be slow! :scared1: We have stayed there many times though, and do like it!

We used to live just a couple of hours away from MB and went often. Our home away from home was always the Sandy Beach Resort. The staff is nice, the rooms are GREAT, they all have a kitchen and a fridge and ocean view.

We stayed there in 2008. We enjoyed it, but it is NOT luxury by any stretch. The room was clean, but older, the beds not the best we've ever slept in. We had an oceanfront efficiency - 4th floor, one bath, a full fridge, stove and sink stocked with dishes. 2 beds, and a balcony overlooking the ocean. The boys enjoyed the pools and the beach. We went at the end of August and it wasn't crowded at all. A nice, family place.

ETA - we are considering Compass Cove this year - have heard good things.

We stayed at Compass Cove last year. We really liked it. Its got a TON of pools, lazy rivers and hot tubs! I would give it a solid 3 stars. We had an 1 bedroom suite in the pinnacle building. We were very happy with it. I haveheard they are adding a couple waterslides this year? I think they are outdoors, but I am not 100% sure. I also liked it was about 2 miles from the center of the action, so slightly less busy area. Enjoy!!!

I have vacationed at MB since I was a little kid and I'm 32 now. We have stayed all over. I LOVE North Myrtle Beach best as it's great for families. So peaceful and quiet. We stayed at Dunes Village last year and absolutely loved it. The kids loved it, it's perfect for families! :)

we stay at the dunes village resort because it is the only place with an indoor water park abet it is a small water park but the rooms are nice. ocean front is the only way to go here, the "ocean view" rooms are crap there is hardly any ocean view from those rooms.

Always stay at Dayton House. We have tried a few others for one night but always end up back at the Dayton House. A great family hotel.

I am posting to the thread sitting on my ocean front balcony room at Seamist!!
We are in the Tides building and will be leaving tomorrow. We have had a great stay. The resort is clean, nice and also nothing special. I guess it all depends on what you are used to. There is no wi fi in the rooms, but I thought I would try the balcony this morning after seeing others outside with their laptops and it is working. Nothing beats dising while listening/watching the ocean!!! LOL!

OP, if you decide to come here, I think you will be happy. There is alot for your kids to do. We did get the value package and have not even had time to go to the amusement park. The hotel water park is small, but for a 7 and 8 year old they will have fun.

For those who've stayed at Dunes Village, is there wi-fi or wired internet in your room? Unfortunately I have to take a bit of work with me:(

very timely thread! We're planning a family weekend and are going to book the Sea Crest this week after we get the vacation time approved. Booking the splash package for the family- includes free breakfast daily, one lunch, a game of miniature golf, 1 pass ea for the amusement park, daily access to the Family wonder waterpark, and it is a one bedroom angle suite(full kitchen). It's more expensive than Sea Mist but comes highly recommended by friends and has good reviews on Tripadvisor where sea mist doesn't. $225 a nite seems good to me- especially since it includes breakfast and the extras. I like having a kitchen so that we can keep food costs low. Any other comments from folks who have stayed here? We're trying to find a relaxing getaway since the following week I am having major surgery and will be incapacitated for a while.

Can I suggest that you keep driving another 90 mins and stay in Charleston instead? It is so much nicer here. People that are from far away are always drawn to Myrtle Beach b/c they don't realize what they are missing out on, but it is a tacky tourist trap. The beaches in Charleston are nicer and the city is beautiful. There are lots of activities that are much more reasonably priced than the activities in Myrtle. My DH has to go to Myrtle beach for a few days every year for a conference for work and we tag along b/c it is free and a change of scenery, but we always joke that we could never imagine paying our hard earned $$ to stay in Myrtle Beach, SC! We call it the redneck vacation destination of the south. If the two towns were hotels, Charleston would be a Hilton and Myrtle would be a red roof inn.

yes, there is free wi-fi at the Dunes Villiage. It is also our favorite place to stay --- we've stayed in 3 or 4 other properties, but Dunes Villiage is the best. It is spacious, clean, and the water parks are a lot of fun for the kids. It is also in a great location along the beach.

I can tell you one thing- if you go thru VRBO stay away from a shady character named Dean Kuhlman from Valencia realty

The building we were in this spring had wired access,and free .I think the other building and some common areas have wi-fi.

I can tell you one thing- if you go thru VRBO stay away from a shady character named Dean Kuhlman from Valencia realty

Simonsmom;

Please indicate specifically what is the problem about dealing with that person. I am from a large group getting ready to rent a six bedroom villa in August, and he is the person that I believe we need to deal with. We have been through the ringer in trying to find an appropriate place and are not anxious to see this one fall through. But if something is wrong then we need to find out the bad news now.

Thanks very much.

Can I suggest that you keep driving another 90 mins and stay in Charleston instead? It is so much nicer here. People that are from far away are always drawn to Myrtle Beach b/c they don't realize what they are missing out on, but it is a tacky tourist trap. The beaches in Charleston are nicer and the city is beautiful. There are lots of activities that are much more reasonably priced than the activities in Myrtle. My DH has to go to Myrtle beach for a few days every year for a conference for work and we tag along b/c it is free and a change of scenery, but we always joke that we could never imagine paying our hard earned $$ to stay in Myrtle Beach, SC! We call it the redneck vacation destination of the south. If the two towns were hotels, Charleston would be a Hilton and Myrtle would be a red roof inn.

You are so going to get a lashing for that one:lmao:

as far as Velencia Reality, I believe there was some sort of issue money not be refunded for the rentals as they have been told it was no longer available and or sold to someone else upon arrival:eek:

not saying that it what happened to poster who recommended you not use them, but what I know from someone who did:rolleyes1

We have a 2nd home in Surfside Beach, around the corner from Myrtle.

They have recently done the boardwalk over and its beautiful! Broadway on the Beach is a fun place to shop and eat. They have a great miniature golf course along w/ a type of bungy jumping for the kids. Not to mention the many dinner shows, yes they may be somewhat cheesy but they are fun!

There are outlets in Myrtle along w/ a new shopping center called the Market Commons, which is a high end outdoor shopping center w/ condos above it. It is a beautiful place to spend the afternoon. May I suggest taking the afternoon to visit the cinemas there if it rains. It is the most comfortable movie theatre I have ever been too and I refuse to see a movie unless it is at this cinema. Yes its not Hilton:snooty:;) but I believe my dd would get bored for a long period of time in Hilton. My dd12 has passed on Disney a few times now to spend time in her "home at the beach".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter