So many spots, so little time

PlutoTheDog89

DIS Veteran
We're going back to Disney (as of now like 80% going) for Christmas week. We used to go every Christmas from 09-18, but skipped in 2019 to do California (and DL) and of course last year we didn't go anywhere.

So now we're going back. Our biggest takeaway from COVID is that there's A LOT of places we wanna see, and a lot of things we wanna do - so I think our annual disney trip may become a bi-annual or even go every 2-3 years type of thing. So we'd like to get in as many new spots as possible, but we're having trouble narrowing it down.

Staying at Beach Club from 12/24 - 1/1. We get in on 12/24 a little later than usual—probably 5-6pm if we take ME (shoutout Southwest for not having a direct morning flight!), so I'd like to keep 12/24 pretty easy. Thinking either Ale and Compass or Il Mulino for dinner. I'd love to go to Disney Springs for dinner, but don't wanna chance having to set our bags down and be stressed about making an ADR on time. Anyway, here's what we're looking at:

Homecomin' - been there, love it, we'd like to go again (even after being to Kentucky and Tennessee and trying the real good stuff)
Narcoossee's - Our family favorite. It's a Christmas dinner tradition, so we're definitely doing it this year.

Topolino Terrace (dinner) - menu looks great, reviews are all solid. Considering it for this trip.
Topolino Terrace (breakfast) - Love the options. Reviews are solid. Wondering if a second trip to Topolino is worth it. We always do ONE breakfast per trip.

Frontera Cocina - wouldn't usually think of Mexican on a Disney trip but the food looks real good.

The Wave - Went there once a while ago. Gonna depend on the refurbishment but this feels solid for NYE. We usually do Yachtsman to avoid the traffic and issue of getting around property on NYE, but we're over Yachtsman and The Wave feels solid. We don't do a park on NYE, we usually eat, then hang by the pool at BC or Boardwalk, then watch fireworks from the boat dock.

Wine Bar George - Our family isn't usually "tapas" style eaters, but the food looks so good.

Three Bridges - Sister wants to try it. Food looks solid.

Ale & Compass/Il Mulino - one or the other. Gravitating toward A&C since I can get Il Mulino any day I want in NYC.

Morimoto's - Always wanted to try it.

We also need to work Polite Pig in there somewhere, and Chicken Guy would be a nice way to save some cash, since it seems like a solid value.

So a few things stand out:
There's A LOT of Disney Springs restaurants on our list. We try to stay away from DS on the weekends, especially during holiday trips. It gets WAAAYY too crowded. So that's not leaving us with a ton of wiggle room.

Like I said, we have 8 nights. Gonna prob do Narcoossee's on 12/25, and Wave on 12/31. Also gonna do Homecomin' at one point, so that's in there. Polite Pig is another definite, so that's 4 dinners to play with. I'd like to do another QS here or there (love Geyser Point) to keep costs down, although looking at menus, QS is around the same price as some lower-priced Table Services!

Any thoughts of opinions? Which 4 (+ Topolino Breakfast) would you keep?

You have many great choices. I agree there are soooo many restaurants, you can't do it all in one trip. Our solution is to know we will be back. We pick some of our favorites and some new to try and leave the other options for next time.

You have many great choices. I agree there are soooo many restaurants, you can't do it all in one trip. Our solution is to know we will be back. We pick some of our favorites and some new to try and leave the other options for next time.
Absolutely agree.... and the next time, and the next time....! OP - best of luck with your reservations! Have a great trip.

Fun options and I totally agree there are too many good choices to fit into an average trip. As they say, the struggle is real!! I definitely think Topolino for both breakfast and dinner is worth it (and keep in mind you can order another entree as a "side" at breakfast - i.e. a side of the waffles to go with your steak and polenta). I also don't have enough nice things to say about Wine Bar George -- food and service -- so, if not too many trips to Disney Springs (& I agree with you re: avoiding weekends), I'd try to work that in. I really like Ale & Compass - I think it may have one of the best burgers on property. It's not at the top of my "rave about" list but given the travel, I totally agree that this is a smart choice.

Three Bridges sounds and looks great but with them not accepting reservations, that could be a bit of a gamble/potentially long wait at that time of year.

For NYE, you might consider bluezoo at Dolphin or Flying Fish if it opens back up (assuming you like seafood - though there are other options) -- I feel like staying close to home base on NYE is a good plan. Topolino's is on skyliner so that could be an option ... I don't know if we know if they do a special $$$ prex fixe menu like Cali Grill does.

I hope you have a great trip!!!

For Christmas, one of the prettiest resorts and restaurants that was decked out and made you feel like it was right out of a movie was Artist's Point at Wilderness Lodge. That was truly something special for the holidays. Kinda got ruined when they changed it to that yo-da-le-hee-hoo Snow White theme. Hopefully if/when it comes back it will go back to the original form.

For Christmas, one of the prettiest resorts and restaurants that was decked out and made you feel like it was right out of a movie was Artist's Point at Wilderness Lodge. That was truly something special for the holidays. Kinda got ruined when they changed it to that yo-da-le-hee-hoo Snow White theme. Hopefully if/when it comes back it will go back to the original form.

Yes! We did Artist's Point just before it changed over. There was something very Christmasy about the mushroom bisque and some buffalo loin. Didn't hurt that it was chillier than usual that year, so we got the full "winter lodge" experience.

We're going back to Disney (as of now like 80% going) for Christmas week. We used to go every Christmas from 09-18, but skipped in 2019 to do California (and DL) and of course last year we didn't go anywhere.

So now we're going back. Our biggest takeaway from COVID is that there's A LOT of places we wanna see, and a lot of things we wanna do - so I think our annual disney trip may become a bi-annual or even go every 2-3 years type of thing. So we'd like to get in as many new spots as possible, but we're having trouble narrowing it down.

Staying at Beach Club from 12/24 - 1/1. We get in on 12/24 a little later than usual—probably 5-6pm if we take ME (shoutout Southwest for not having a direct morning flight!), so I'd like to keep 12/24 pretty easy. Thinking either Ale and Compass or Il Mulino for dinner. I'd love to go to Disney Springs for dinner, but don't wanna chance having to set our bags down and be stressed about making an ADR on time. Anyway, here's what we're looking at:

Homecomin' - been there, love it, we'd like to go again (even after being to Kentucky and Tennessee and trying the real good stuff)
Narcoossee's - Our family favorite. It's a Christmas dinner tradition, so we're definitely doing it this year.

Topolino Terrace (dinner) - menu looks great, reviews are all solid. Considering it for this trip.
Topolino Terrace (breakfast) - Love the options. Reviews are solid. Wondering if a second trip to Topolino is worth it. We always do ONE breakfast per trip.

Frontera Cocina - wouldn't usually think of Mexican on a Disney trip but the food looks real good.

The Wave - Went there once a while ago. Gonna depend on the refurbishment but this feels solid for NYE. We usually do Yachtsman to avoid the traffic and issue of getting around property on NYE, but we're over Yachtsman and The Wave feels solid. We don't do a park on NYE, we usually eat, then hang by the pool at BC or Boardwalk, then watch fireworks from the boat dock.

Wine Bar George - Our family isn't usually "tapas" style eaters, but the food looks so good.

Three Bridges - Sister wants to try it. Food looks solid.

Ale & Compass/Il Mulino - one or the other. Gravitating toward A&C since I can get Il Mulino any day I want in NYC.

Morimoto's - Always wanted to try it.

We also need to work Polite Pig in there somewhere, and Chicken Guy would be a nice way to save some cash, since it seems like a solid value.

So a few things stand out:
There's A LOT of Disney Springs restaurants on our list. We try to stay away from DS on the weekends, especially during holiday trips. It gets WAAAYY too crowded. So that's not leaving us with a ton of wiggle room.

Like I said, we have 8 nights. Gonna prob do Narcoossee's on 12/25, and Wave on 12/31. Also gonna do Homecomin' at one point, so that's in there. Polite Pig is another definite, so that's 4 dinners to play with. I'd like to do another QS here or there (love Geyser Point) to keep costs down, although looking at menus, QS is around the same price as some lower-priced Table Services!

Any thoughts of opinions? Which 4 (+ Topolino Breakfast) would you keep?

I recommend you consider adding Toledo - Tapas, Steak & Seafood to your restaurant list.
Toledo is located in the Gran Destino Tower at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.
This restaurant is currently closed, but hopefully will be opening soon as part of Walt Disney World's phased reopening.
Toledo is at near the top of our family's wish list of restaurants for our next Walt Disney World visit!

The restaurant's design is impressive with its décor inspired by surrealist art and the 1930s avant-garde - notably the Spanish artist Salvador Dali. You will ride the elevator to the top of the Gran Destino Tower to visit this unique rooftop restaurant. The stained glass vaulted ceiling are beautiful, as is the view from the windows that line the side walls of the restaurant. Large olive trees inside the restaurant add to the unique character of the space.

When my family last dined at Toledo we enjoyed several of the small tapas plates as appetizers, then flavorful entrees of chicken with rice and beef steak with potatoes, and we finished the meal with the signature dessert called The Toledo Tapas Bar. Toledo has an extensive wine list and our server was knowledgeable in suggesting recommendations for wines to match our meals. Overall, the service was excellent.

After dinner, take the time to visit the beautiful Dahlia Lounge, which is on the same floor as the Toledo restaurant. This is an elegant place to stop for a post dinner cocktail. Be sure to check out the view from the outdoor patio.

Also notable for fans of unique décor and design are the Gran Destino Tower first floor lobby and the Barcelona Lounge a short flight of stairs down from lobby. The Barcelona Lounge features a large, colorful stained glass wall at he back of the lounge bar. Bring your camera -- you will want to take pictures!

Suggestions for transportation to Gran Destino Tower at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort -- if you are not staying near this resort, plan plenty of time to travel to this location, and possibly consider taking a ride share such as Uber or Lyft for convivence over the bus service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter