So Much To Celebrate - LIFE and Sophie Kate!

I'm so happy for Brooklyn! I want to see a sea turtle lay her eggs so badly, but don't know if it happen on our trip in two weeks. Bayleigh is younger than Bella and I don't know if she'll be able to do it. How was SquidLips? We are debating about going there. Can't wait to see pictures of the Pirate Dinner and hear your reviews about it, as I have it booked for our trip. I'm loving the pictures on Facebook. I hope you are relaxing and I can't wait to see all your pictures.

It's almost one o'clock in the morning at Vero Beach. I guess it's just me and the sea turtles awake right now.

Oh, and Jill and John, who had to make a quick hospital run.

Yeah, there is always adventure with us, right? :laughing:

After pirating it up with Goofy and Donald and a bunch of Disney friends, we checked out the campfire, had some s'mores (s'more about that later ;)) and then called it a night.

A while later, Jill came and got me and said Sophie was having trouble breathing. Sophie was crying, and we didn't want to wake Marc and Anita or the girls, so we brought her upstairs. She sounded rattly. This baby had eaten 47 things at dinner alone and had been in the ocean, in a chlorine-filled pool, and around a campfire, so it could have been any number of irritations and/or allergies that was causing her distress. I suggested she go to a 24 hour clinic, but there is not one here, so it was off to Sebastian Medical Center.

Yes, we even go to hospitals with Disney themed names. :earsgirl:

Anyway, the girls did not wake up, and if Marc or Anita heard anything, they never came out, so we will hope for the best. Sophie ended up having an ear infection and congestion had settled in her chest. She's fine and is getting an antibiotic. They are on their way back, and hopefully everyone will fall back into a quick slumber. :thumbsup2

Cara, Squidlips was okay. The food was good, but our server was otherwise occupied with friends, so we were ignored. Maybe on a no personal friends night, we would have had a different opinion of our service, but that night, she was not doing her job.

Lots more responses and information on Vero later. We had planned to go to the zoo today, but I don't know if we will still do that or not. Jill can make the call in the morning. I think the girls would be fine with staying here and doing activities and swimming if we don't end up going, but they will also enjoy a new zoo if we do go. We'll see what the rest of the morning holds. Good night/morning, all!

P.S. I had already set my alarm when I got in the shower before bed, so I didn't check it and missed a message from Anita that said there was a large sea turtle on the beach in front of the cottage, so I missed the fun again. :(

Oh poor Sophie. Glad she has meds & is on the mend. She sure has not looked sick in the FB pictures.

Sounds like you all had a great day before that though. Lot's of fun things to do.:thumbsup2

Sorry you missed out on the turtle.:(

Hope Sophie feels better! And sorry you missed the sea turtle. I have enjoyed the fb pictures. Have a fun day whatever you do! :)

That poor baby...and poor mommy and daddy. We have had a few of those sick moments on vacation. So not fun! Hope today dawns beautiful, healthy and happy for the MeMom group! :goodvibes

So sorry to hear about Sophie not feeling well! I hope the antibiotics kick in quickly.

And I hope your leg is feeling better soon. I hate that it's bothering you right now!

So cool about Brooklynn getting to name the turtle! :thumbsup2

I wanted to mention to Memom and Jill readers - I have a TR going right now from our May trip. I have been out of touch on the disboards for awhile (new mommy/full-time job duties took me away and I haven't been able to check it as often as I once did), and I know a lot of their readers are friends of mine from prior TRs. So I asked Memom's permission to promote my TR here and she said that was fine with her. So here's my shameless plug!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3118039

Also if any of you have a current TR going I'd love to join in. Leave me a comment on mine and I'll head over to yours as soon as I get a chance. :goodvibes

I haven't been on the boards much either over the last year. You recommended that condo to us last year and we loved it. And get this, we just got back from it last week. We checked in on June 1st. So funny that we were there right after you. I agree about the condo and owners. Great place and great people. I highly recommend staying there if you need more room. Looking forward to reading more. Now I need to go let MeMom know I am still alive and get caught up with her.

Ok, I thought I was on Dawn's TR. That's what I get for trying to reply with my phone. I am going to go delete the original post. Sorry.

MeMom-
Oh, how I have missed you and your girls. I have been gone too long. We just got back from our Universal/ SeaWorld trip. I have been a bit in Disney Depression for the past 6 months so I haven't been on the boards much. We had a wonderful time but it was so hard not to go see Mickey. Already planning next summer's trip to Disney so hopefully I will be around more often. Going to go back and get caught up.

I am all caught up now. I enjoyed your report and all the great pictures. :)

I've been following your current trip on FB. Looks like you guys are having a great time.

Hopefully, I'll do better at staying up with you on your next report.

Hope the rest of your trip is great!!

Sorry to hear about Sophie. I do hope everything gets better and she is able to rest.

I am also sorry your leg is acting up. I know you are having a blast and look forward to hearing all about it in good time.

The turtle was successfull last night. I didn't get to go, since my walking is not so great right now, but Brooklynn did get to see and touch a sea turtle, and since she was the youngest member of the group, she got to name it. She deemed her to be Sandy.
Congrats to Brooklynn on a great job with the sea turtle name! :thumbsup2 :banana:

After pirating it up with Goofy and Donald and a bunch of Disney friends, we checked out the campfire, had some s'mores (s'more about that later ;)) and then called it a night.
:faint:

I suggested she go to a 24 hour clinic, but there is not one here, so it was off to Sebastian Medical Center.

Yes, we even go to hospitals with Disney themed names. :earsgirl:
Well of course you do........... :rotfl:

Sophie ended up having an ear infection and congestion had settled in her chest. She's fine and is getting an antibiotic. They are on their way back, and hopefully everyone will fall back into a quick slumber. :thumbsup2
So glad Sophie was okay! :goodvibes Anytime something like that happens at night and you can't really identify the problem it is scary though. :worried:

Lots more responses and information on Vero later. We had planned to go to the zoo today, but I don't know if we will still do that or not. Jill can make the call in the morning. I think the girls would be fine with staying here and doing activities and swimming if we don't end up going, but they will also enjoy a new zoo if we do go. We'll see what the rest of the morning holds. Good night/morning, all!
Can't wait to hear more about the trip! ::yes:: Hope you are able to get around better!

We left Vero early this morning and went straight to Sea World. There, we were the typical tourists in unfamiliar territory, looking at maps and reading short descriptions of shows trying to figure out what to do. It is very different not to know that park like we do our Disney parks.

We had a few thoughts on Sea World. Several of the attractions were very nicely themed. The girls loved seeing the animals. The dolphin show was too little dolphin and too much acrobatic stuff, but the girls still enjoyed it. They got to touch stingrays. They saw Shamu and friends. We were on the free dining plan, but their free dining is better than Disney's, as it is free food and drink all day, unlimited. That was good, too, because we got about a dozen bottles of water throughout the day! More on that later.

After SW, we came to Kidani. It was so good to be 'home' in WDW again. The girls and I went and did some animal watching, and then we went to the kids' splash area before dinner. We were exhausted from SW, so we did nothing after dinner but prop our feet.

Marc and Anita just came in. They got to meet Moparop and family in Magic Kingdom tonight.

Okay, that's it. Bedtime.

We had the same thought on the shows. They were good but not like I remembered from years ago. I knew the trainers are no longer allowed with the whales and I think that takes away from the show. The Dolphin show was ok bit I agree about not having enough of the dolphins. The Pets Ahoy show ended ip being our favorite. It had the rescued dogs and cats ( and a pig, rat, skunk, and some birds). We did 2 of the tours. We got to pet a penguin and a dolphin. Those were definitely the highlights of the trip.

Last Disney sunrise for us this morning. We will get packed up, have breakfast at Cape May, and start our journey north. It has been much fun. We owe the ability to even make this trip to Marc and Anita and their kindness in letting us share their DVC accommodations. We had a great DIS meet last night at Earl, but wouldn't you know, the only night we had a specially planned event, it rained. :sad: We ended up not going golfing, so we'll try that new-to-us event on another trip. Jill, the girls, and I ended up going over to Poly to see Wishes. I ran in MK for a minute to pick up some pins we had not been able to find elsewhere. I am going to go see if I can see animals from the balcony to start my last Disney day, and then I'll finish cramming everything in my suitcase. Have a good one, all!

It's been fun following along on FB this trip. :thumbsup2

Hugs for your last morning and having to leave after breakfast. :hug:
Great way to end your trip with a fun character meal for the girls.

Glad you found the Vero pin. Was it weird not having any park time?

Sorry the mini golf got rained out....maybe we can plan for it in December?

Safe travels home! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter