so new and so confused..

We did Disney Sept 2015 and were able to get free dining. We used a certified Disney travel agent which I highly recommend! From my understanding of your trip does happen to fall into free dining offer you must have dining plan booked already and still not guaranteed but our travel agent was able to get this for us.
Hi @Allie B
You do not need to have free dining booked in order to switch your reservation. All you need is to have is a resort reservation, not even a package. The free dining is all part of a specific package though. And not all resorts offer FD. Our TA was probably on the phone at oh dark thirty in order to switch to the FD package. We were willing to change resorts if need be. (We didn't have to)
You can look at dates that have traditionally offered FD and book around that. I still highly recommend using a Disney certified TA though. Saves hours on the phone.

My only suggestion is to do Universal after WDW; the express passes will spoil you silly and can affect how you feel about Disney after all that freedom to choose ride access so easily!

You don't mention if this is your first trip or not but I would think it will be hard to hold young kids back from the MK early in the trip even on that first day at WDW! Heck, I couldn't even hold DH from MK on our first family trip! And Universal requires almost no planning like WDW does.

Well, it depends which universal hotel you stay in. Staying at Cabana Bay and sapphire falls don't give the perk of using the express pass line for free, but you at least still get the early entry to Harry Potter.

Well, it depends which universal hotel you stay in. Staying at Cabana beach and sapphire falls don't give the perk of using the express pass line, but you at least still get the early entry to Harry Potter.

Very true but we have done the cost analysis several times and the deluxe hotels are a great value for us! We save so much time (and energy) staying deluxe especially if you subtract even just a portion of what buying an express pass would cost from the cost of the room. Plus the rooms are very nice and cheaper than staying even at some moderates at WDW. Plus it is a very long walk from even Cabana Beach to a park thus necessitating a bus ride for many; not that this is a bad thing.

hello all you planning kings and queens! We are planning a trip to disney in September and I would love your advice.
Here is my tentative plan.

9/17/17 Check into wilderness lodge. We are thinking about getting the bunkbeds. We will take this day to chill out and check the area out. Maybe go to Animal kingdoms free area.

9/18/2017, monday MK

9/19/2017, tuesday HS

9/20/2017, Wednesday epcot

9/21/2017, thursday Msshp

9/22/17 fly home

....................I am very naive. be gentle :)

I'm not a Universal person so I won't comment on those plans........

Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort....we had a bunkbed room.......didn't need it.......found the bunks hard but I'm old :-)....Note that WL is in the Magic Kingdom area...........a good distance from Animal Kingdom. You could go the AK........but just be aware its no where near WL.

Monday is usually (I say usually) a busy day at the MK.........so I've actually seen for myself. We don't schedule MK for Monday's. Depending on when you arrive, Sunday maybe a better day for MK.......you can boat over from the WL. If you do MK on Sunday...........then you can do Animal Kingdom on Monday........by September Pandora should be open. Lots for kids in Animal Kingdom too............animals..........shows!

I would normally say Hollywood Studio's is a 1/2 day park.............given you plan on afternoon breaks you could do the morning with rides and show (many shows for young ones.).........then return after the break for dinner and Fantasmic.

Your Epcot day is something to think about..........you have young children..........you'll need to plan carefully. If they like Frozen then be sure to FP the Frozen ride. There are several other rides that the kids might like. In World Showcase there are shows and little things for children to do. Your 1/2 day break will work great.

Thursday is MNSSHP day...........you know that the party ticket works as a ticket for entry to the MK.............at 4pm. What my family did this past November for the Christmas party was not buy a ticket for that day........we went to Disney Springs........then pool..........arrived at MK at 4pm. This is a MAGNIFICENT party for the kids............lots of costumes........and lots of candy (so watch :D)

My wife and I usually take a late flight home.........so departure day is a park day for us. Depends on when you leave.

Free Dining is tough to get so you may want a TA to help. Also be aware of making dining reservation.........can really impact plans........a TA can help with that too.

What ever you do have a great trip.

Doug :goofy:

Are the 2017 dates out yet for MNSSHP? I only ask because MVMCP dates changed from 2015 to 2016 ... In 2015 we went on a Thursday and for 2016 they moved it to Fri so just be flexible :-) Cheers!

hello all you planning kings and queens! We are planning a trip to disney in September and I would love your advice.

September

9/14/17 Thursday. Fly in from Ohio. Check into one of universals hotels and explore

9/15/17 universal

9/16/17 universal

9/17/17 Check into wilderness lodge. We are thinking about getting the bunkbeds. We will take this day to chill out and check the area out. Maybe go to Animal kingdoms free area.

9/18/2017, monday MK

9/19/2017, tuesday HS

9/22/17 fly home

I want to take advantage of the free dining plan if possible. I am confused on how to go about all those aspects. I booked these tentative hotel dates at wilderness lodge for those five nights through disney site. Recently I have read how booking everything through their site doesnt save you a dime and costs more infact. Do you buy and link your tickets?? What if you get your tickets that way, how do you get the free dining plan if it becomes available. I know the dining plan is hard to make it worth it but, if its free why not! Unless there is discount on the room that would make more sense.

Kids will 7 and 4. We plan on going back the hotel midday to relax.

I am very naive. be gentle :)

September

9/14/17 Thursday. Fly in from Ohio. Check into one of universals hotels and explore

9/15/17 universal

9/16/17 universal

9/18/2017, monday MK

9/19/2017, tuesday HS

9/22/17 fly home

I want to take advantage of the free dining plan if possible. I am confused on how to go about all those aspects. I booked these tentative hotel dates at wilderness lodge for those five nights through disney site. Recently I have read how booking everything through their site doesnt save you a dime and costs more infact. Do you buy and link your tickets?? What if you get your tickets that way, how do you get the free dining plan if it becomes available. I know the dining plan is hard to make it worth it but, if its free why not! Unless there is discount on the room that would make more sense.

Kids will 7 and 4. We plan on going back the hotel midday to relax.

I am very naive. be gentle :)

I am going to throw a monkey wrench into your plans. I thnk that there is too much there for a first visit. I would ditch the Halloween party. With only 4 park days in WDW, I would save the money and hit another park. I would swap DHS for Monday, MK on Tuesday. Wednesday I would go to DAK and Thursday Epcot. Personally, I would skip Universal, and keep the first visit just WDW becuase I think you are trying to pack too much in the trip.

WHen you mention the free area I think you are talking about The Animal Kingdon Lodge. It is really nice, but it is not Animal KIngdom, and does not present to take it's place. This is not how I woudl spend a first day. I would consider heading to Fort Wilderness for dinner at Trails End and then staying for the CHip and Dale Campfire and sing-a-long.

MNSSHP is awesome for your kids age, I would go for sure. Take advantage of the 4pm entrance that day. As for Free Dining, I would pass with only a few park days. I love free dining but Table Service takes up a lot of time and with only 3 park days, not sure it's a good use of time. Though if you do character meals that is fun but keep in mind character meals take well over an hour as you are always stopping to see characters and not eating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter