So once I check in online....

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
where exactly on the website do I go to book an excursion and a palo dinner? I've got my documents ready for the check in portion but I don't want to be stumbling around the website looking for where to book things.

When you're able to check in, you will go to "already booked", "my reservations", then when your reservation is shown, there is a link that says "My Plans". You have to scroll down to each day; for each day you can choose "Dining" (for Palo), "Port Adventures" (for excursions), "Onboard Activities" (tastings, Bibbidi Bobbidi etc), and "Spa and Fitness". and "Nursery" if applicable.

As the PP said, you have to look at each day of the cruise and begin the process for that day. When you click on dining, another window will open and you determine if you want Palo (and / or Remy) brunch/dinner. If there is space available, a pull down with the time will function. If it's sold out, the pull down window will not function. Be sure to start the process right at midnight plus one minute Mouse time (eastern time) of you open day to have an opportunity to book something.

FYI: Disney has recently changed the system and you can fill out your travel information and pick your Port Arrival Time at 7pm ET the evening your booking window opens then at 12:01am ET you will be all set to start booking excursions and Palo

I was able to check in at 8PM on the dot; I know some people have been able to at 7 but not for my own cruise. Then activities opened at midnight although I didn't get on there until later.

Did you get the activities you wanted?
I did get the main ones I wanted, which were a snorkeling excursion on CC (the 18 and up one) and a dinner at Palo on our anniversary...even got a good time so we should have a nice sunset. Later I looked at tastings but the champagne one I wanted was full--might try to see what's open when we board. With the rainforest day pass I am getting for our "sea day" (actually our Nassau day LOL) we should be just fine.

where exactly on the website do I go to book an excursion and a palo dinner? I've got my documents ready for the check in portion but I don't want to be stumbling around the website looking for where to book things.
what documents are needed for check in? is it just passports? I will not be home when my check in time happens, so want to make sure I bring what I need with me so I can still check in on time

I’m very curious about this as well. Never have cruised before and I do not know what to expect when my window opens this Saturday!

Do you need to check in first or can you book your excursions, dining and activities at midnight without checking in or do you need to check in first and then do our booking?

Do you need to check in first or can you book your excursions, dining and activities at midnight without checking in or do you need to check in first and then do our booking?

Check-in has been opening at 7 or 8...so there's really no need to wait until midnight for that. Get it done, then at midnight focus on your activities.

Check-in has been opening at 7 or 8...so there's really no need to wait until midnight for that. Get it done, then at midnight focus on your activities.

I appreciate it. My problem is I will be on a flight returning home from a wedding and won't be home till around 11-11:30 (Hopefully). I guess I'm at the place where I'll have to go with the flow and take what is there or left and deal with it. Either way, I'm sure I'll have a great time.

In my experience, the only requirement to book activities once your window opens is that you have paid in full. I have never checked in before booking activities. I do checkin later at my leisure. At midnight Eastern, login and then at the upper rightish go to "Already Booked" then drop down to Book/Manage Cruise Activities. Or try earlier. For our next cruise, it did open for booking early. That may be fixed by now...or not. Good luck.

Last edited:
what documents are needed for check in? is it just passports? I will not be home when my check in time happens, so want to make sure I bring what I need with me so I can still check in on time

I’m very curious about this as well. Never have cruised before and I do not know what to expect when my window opens this Saturday!

For check-in, they will ask you all those questions (Passport, Credit Card, Flights, etc.) but all of these can be updated later. All you really need is to put in the basic information so that you can get your PAT (Port Arrival Time). So if you don't have access to Passport, just say Birth certificate, for Payment, say cash, and for Transportation, say driving. Any day up to three days before your trip you can fill in the more accurate information. Just make sure to do it. When we did it, our sons passports hadn't been issued yet, so I had to put BC, but I updated it later no problem.

As for activities, you don't have to have done the online check-in first. Start with the activities you care most about, but honestly most things will still be there in the morning or open up again later as people cancel things. Remember, if you are looking for a certain number of an activity, and it says unavailable, try again with a smaller number (or one). If you can get some slots now, chances are you add more slots later as people cancel. And if you can't get enough slots, you can always cancel later with no penalty (up to three days before sail).

Good luck!

FYI: Disney has recently changed the system and you can fill out your travel information and pick your Port Arrival Time at 7pm ET the evening your booking window opens then at 12:01am ET you will be all set to start booking excursions and Palo

Hoping this will be the case. I can book my excursions at 12:01 and it's now 8:10 ET and still not giving me the ability to check in. Ugghhh

***EDIT*** It just went live. YES.

When my check-in window opens up and before I can get my PAT, I understand I have to first enter Passport #, credit card and mode of transportation. Do I have to add the info for everyone in the stateroom or just mine before picking a PAT?

I’ve checked in for our cruise, but nowhere can I find our Port Arrival Time. Help! ‍♀️

We are coming from WDW, so yes. So our arrival time is when the bus drops us off?

Yep. It was pretty awesome in February to walk right on and pretty much go straight to my cabin to drop off my bags before doing anything else. I think I had to wait like 2 minutes for the cabins to open. Not having to carry them for a couple of hours was well worth getting on a bit later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter