• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

so tempted to get FP for wishes, should I?

Thanks, Robo! I'm sorry I couldn't remember your name. It's been a long day! Your maps have helped me on countless trips.

I love where they've moved the FP+ viewing area. When we used it, we were supposed to be on the grassy area near the little green gazebo thing off of the walkway to Tomorrowland. It was a bit too close to the castle.

New area looks great!

I was just talking to my DH about this same question--should I cancel a fp to get Wishes fp?? We decided to try the new Wishes fp area. It sounds like it won't be overly crowded and we won't have to go back and forth deciding if we should try a different spot!! I got fp for April 29. We cancelled a PP fp. If we want to, we'll go through the new queue and ride PP standby if the line isn't bad that night.

First of all, Robo rocks! I was just looking at his map for the Boardwalk in another thread...his information is priceless! So thank you for that Robo!

Secondly, we got 2 FP's for Wishes for our upcoming trip and I'll tell you why....a stroller being banged into my back repeatedly with a screaming toddler in it during the fireworks and castle show.....that was 2012.....and then in 2013 a family basically sat in our laps ...to the point where it was creeping our daughters out....and WE moved.
I'll gladly use FP+ for Wishes and MSEP so that we can enjoy it and not skip. Without it...we might have done just that.

We always end our trip at the MK with Wishes, so we got the FP. We have two other MK days so we spread out our FP to make sure we can at least ride all the big ones once by using FP and rope drop. It's worth it to us to not of have to claim a spot, especially with two toddlers. Looking forward to it! We also did a FP for Illuminations.

Are most people cramming to stand at the fence or sitting on the astro-turf during the show?

What a nice thing to say!

You give great information, Robo! Your fireworks photo even showed up in my pinterest feed! (not from a friend, but as one of the ones that pinterest "suggests" to you)
116j9ft.jpg

You give great information, Robo! Your fireworks photo even showed up in my pinterest feed! (not from a friend, but as one of the ones that pinterest "suggests" to you)

Thanks for letting me know!
I've just now finished a new version of this map that features a representation of the new hub and its FP+ Wishes viewing areas.
At this point, I'm not sure how the new "outer sidewalks" will be allowed or blocked
for fireworks viewers.
Not all of the sidewalks I've depicted have actually been built, yet.
As the actual Hub construction goes along, I'll revamp the shaded areas.

MK-Wishes_NewHub_031715_zpsfxxil4my.jpg

Last edited:

I have a FP+ for wishes for my group because we hate crowds and staking out space. I also got FP+ for MSEP for 11:00 that night. The area for that is right up front in the town square. Does it make sense to keep the FP for MSEP, or could we just stay in our little wishes area for that?

Yeah, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I also wanted to pile on the Robo love and let him know how incredibly valuable and helpful his overhead maps have been for me. I really appreciate all of the effort that goes into those. To not make this a complete hijack, I'll add that I hope to be able to get a 4th FP+ for the fireworks, but if they are gone by noon or so, then I don't think it's worth one of the first three as there are plenty of places outside of Main St. to watch the show.

I have a FP+ for wishes for my group because we hate crowds and staking out space. I also got FP+ for MSEP for 11:00 that night. The area for that is right up front in the town square. Does it make sense to keep the FP for MSEP, or could we just stay in our little wishes area for that?

The shorter/lower floats and walking members of the MSEP cannot be seen well from the FP+ viewing areas.

Last edited:
Are most people cramming to stand at the fence or sitting on the astro-turf during the show?

I just got back to Pop from the MK, where I used both MSEP and Wishes FP+ tonight. I would not normally use those FP, but I will be at WDW several times this spring as a tour director for bands and choirs, so I thought I'd try it.

When you enter the area you are told everyone will stand for the show. I found a spot by the rail after getting there about 9:35.

I picked up these FP+ just a couple days ago, but then I am a single traveler, so YMMV.
It was nice to have such a good spot, but I would not use it if there was anything else I wanted a FP+ for that day.

The week prior I was with a group at DLR (I love my job), and I saw Fantasmic! at DL with a FP. I'm not sure about the overall viewing area, but in the Yellow FP area, the first few rows were told they would have to sit on the ground the entire show. If they were unable to do that, they had to move to the back of the area, where everyone was standing. I LOVED that and wish they would do that for Wishes as well.

Good question! Can anyone report how it has been lately?

When we did FP+ for wishes about 15 months ago, it was raining and there was grass in the rose garden area, so we were corralled into pavement around the rose garden. It was a tad cramped, but we still have more than enough space and decent viewing. I would imagine it really depends on how many people they are letting into those areas.

I love Robo's maps too. If robo doesn't have a map, josh often has a picture.

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...rozen-yogurt-wait-times-etc-22715/#more-15250

It's one of the first nights it was open so it might be more crowded now and I can't copy the link to the picture (just the post) from the iPad, but he took one from the back of the area and it seems like a mix. Seems like they set it up so the standing people aren't necessarily in the way of the seate.

Now that Wishes has a new area center with the Castle I went ahead and got a FP for our first night there. (I think: previously it was a waste because of the location, but now I feel like it is great utilization).
I chose it for the first day because I feel like with us getting there later in the day and having an ADR at Ohana's I wouldn't have been able to get 4,5,6 FP+ anyway. I would never choose it on a day I intended to be at MK from RD to Close.
I do LOVE that new area though:lovestruc:worship:

We did used a Wishes FP+ last week and it was incredible! It was such a good experience that we decided to book it again for May. There weren't a lot of people around and we arrived an hour early. There was such a small amount of people that we actually got to watch the main street electrical parade while laying down! That was probably one of the best memories I have ever had on a trip. It was so relaxing and we felt separated from the huge crowd of people for the parade and then the fireworks. 5 min before wishes started, they did ask everyone to move forward but they also told us we could stay where we were since we were on the second patch of grass. Even with people standing, we stayed sitting and still had an amazing view of the castle and fireworks.

I booked a Wishes FP for the 24hr party. I figured it would be worth it then with the extra crowds.

Planning on doing a water park then go to MK after dinner just really to do MSEP and Wishes. How does the timing work if you use FP+ for both things?? a couple years ago we used FP+ just for MSEP and watched wishes from there but that was when it was in front of the castle before they moved it.

Last edited:
Planning on doing a water park then go to MK after dinner just really to do MSEP and Wishes. How does the timing work if you use FP+ for both things?? a couple years ago wesed FP+ just for MSEP and watched wishes from there but that was when it was in front of the castle before they moved it.

As soon as the end of the parade marches by the Town Square FP+ viewing area, get into the street and follow along right behind the end of the parade (you will not be alone in doing this) until it reaches the Hub FP+ areas.

These two photos were tweeted last night.

This photo was from one of the nights just after the new FP+ viewing area had opened.
earlywishes.jpg

And this one is from last night.
laterwishes.jpg

Disney clearly added a massive number of FP+ reservations each night (we saw them dump them into the system last week) and now it seems like they are trying to squeeze every last person they can into those gardens.

Good question! Can anyone report how it has been lately?

When we did FP+ for wishes about 15 months ago, it was raining and there was grass in the rose garden area, so we were corralled into pavement around the rose garden. It was a tad cramped, but we still have more than enough space and decent viewing. I would imagine it really depends on how many people they are letting into those areas.

It's one of the first nights it was open so it might be more crowded now and I can't copy the link to the picture (just the post) from the iPad, but he took one from the back of the area and it seems like a mix. Seems like they set it up so the standing people aren't necessarily in the way of the seate.

I was there last night, and as people entered the FP+ area, they were told that everyone would be standing for the show.

I also did MSEP, and did as Robo suggests, followed behind the end of the parade up Main Street, and I got to the Wishes FP+ area about 9:35. At that point people were sitting, but right before CTM started, everyone stood. I found a great spot by the rail.

It was fine, but I didn't think it was necessary. I visit often with groups, so I decided to try it. I will say that the area was pretty packed, so other than not having to save a space really early, there is no advantage as far as being uncrowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter