So this is Love: Disneymoon pre-Trippie April 2008: Updated 2/9/08

mariacj

Mouseketeer
Disneymoon Pre-Trip

Okay, so I am completely hopeless and can’t wait for my Disneymoon. :cheer2: I am counting down the days and they are still way too far away. We are still in the 200’s. As this is my first pre – trip, I am not sure of the formalities.:confused3 Like how far away should I actually post my pre-trippies?

So for now… until someone tells me “You should wait till you get closer…” I am going to actually post this and not worry.:angel: First part of business…

The Cast

:tinker: Me (mariacj): I am 21 year old female about to graduate from the University of Washington with a Bachelors in Art History. I am specializing in Pacific Northwest Coast Native American Art. (Hint: I am looking forward to the Canada Pavilion. Ten points to the winner. ) I am a huge Disney Geek. To let you know how geeky… I am the undefeated Disney Scene It Dvd game. For those that do not know what it is… the game is played on a board and television via a Dvd. The questions are based on trivia and movie clips. If you get it right, you move on. There are a variety of different questions… I like the all play. Where all players are eligible to gain a space… I win these a lot. Okay back to business… I am on the clock. If you visit my wedding website www.mywedding.com/jimenezandlarsen you can read our engagement and how we met.

:donald: Disney Fiancé: His name is Drew, sometimes known as Honey. He is currently working in construction and is an amazing artist. He is a Disney Freak as well. Last summer (2006) we went to Disneyland for five days. It was awesome! As soon as I get my pictures from my other computer, I will work on my first trip planner. ( A practice one before the big Disneymoon TP)DF is a huge Donald fan. I am looking forward to Donald Merchandise. Disneyland is very much lacking in the Donald Department when we went last time.

Okay so I am new to DIS. :woohoo: I have slowly become integrated into a culture that exsists all over the world. I am always on. Everyday... :surfweb: I am getting braver and posting more. Slowly. I feel so happy that there is a community that will be silly with me over the small details and get excited about a trip that is 242 days away.

I made my res for the POP in June. Originally I wanted to splurge and go to a deluxe, but as I want to spend money in the parks and on the tickets, DF and I decided a value would be okay. I was on the fence between POP and the All Stars. I just went with the POP because this will not be the last time I am going to WDW. I will slowly discover all the resorts. :yay:

I put down the deposit and later upgraded to the preferred. My DF is really tall and I have read stories of couples in rooms with doubles that end up sleeping in separate beds. If I could get my choice the 70’s look good. They are away from the pools and near the main building. (Hopefully the preferred don’t change.) :thumbsup2

Now I am thinking about the packages…

We want the Magic Your Way for nine days ( We are going from 4/7 til 4/16/08 ) I have not bought these yet.

DF wants the Water park Options. He said something about me and bathing suit and trying to get me on the big slides. :rotfl2: (Not going to happen) I also want to go to Disney Quest.

Now about the DDP. After talking about, we think we might just not use one. The basic is not enough food for us (mostly him). I feel there are not enough credits to do all the dining I want. The deluxe is too much food and too much money for one day per person. :scared1: So while we are saving on the room, dining we feel we want complete control over and spend as much or as little as we want. If the service is good, good tips will be given. :mickeybar

Okay enough with the gritty details.

I also have signed up for the registry which will hopefully help with the side expenses or some meals. The card is pretty. I will scan it and put it up. (Just the front, not the back… I am not that silly) :bride:

Let me think, what else have I done… I ordered the custom made WDW maps. They are so cute! The paper is amazingly thick. If you want a nice map to frame and put up on the wall, order these ones. They are back and front so after 6 months when you can order again get another set.
I also got a nice letter with options of fun things to do in April. Disney wants me to get excited. Yay!:yay:

All right that is it for now on the Pre-trip. I am looking for a bagellini (lime green) I want other Dissers to see me and do the Focker Watch. Once I experience a real focker watch, I will feel that I am initiated completely. O, I am also going to Home Depot to get the Mickey Ears. I need to go and get paper paint samples to hand out to my bridesmaids so they can find their dresses.

So I leave you with my last questions:

Is it too early to share my Pre-Trippie?:confused3

Would anyone like to also hear the planning of the wedding? (I am somewhat basing it on a classy Disney princess feel. I have also been pushing for a Disney Bridal Shower. I will let you know.) :cloud9:

I will constantly be asking if my plans seem like a good idea. DF is all about planning the trip, but he is from a family that plans things a month in advance. I like planning things months in advance. It is my way of getting super excited and when the time comes I want to be able to enjoy it to the fullest. :rotfl:

As soon as I reserve my package, I will post.

As soon as I make my ADR, I will post.

As soon as anyone makes a comment, I will post at my first free minute.

As soon as I get any new wedding details, I will post.

As soon as I get my California Trip, I will begin my first real TP.

Write to Ya Later!

I don't think its too soon to start a pre-trippie for your disneymoon! I'm sure we'd all like to hear all about your plans, those of us (like me) who don't have a trip to plan in the near future :sad2: can enjoy hearing about yours! So give us all the details!

Also, I for one would love to hear all about your wedding, with as many photos as possible please! We love lots of photos!

Best wishes and lets hear those plans! :flower3:

CarolAnn

OKay yay! I am inspired to write more! I think tonight I will post the pics from our flower girl dress excursion. I am so excited.

Great, I'll be watching for those! I'm on the lookout for ideas for a dress for my DD6 for my VR. Its not until 2009 so I've plenty of time, she'll be 8 by then but its never too soon to plan is it?! :rotfl2:

CarolAnn

As previously posted, start posting whenever you're ready! We love to hear about all of the details and we LOVE pictures! (hint, hint!) ;)
Can't wait to hear all about your plans!!!!
WELCOME - from one Disney geek to another! :thumbsup2

You guys are so sweet.

I am uploading pictures right now. My camera is old and I have to convert all my pics by hand. I hope to get a better one for the trip which is going to be hard because we are paying for the trip, but I can always charge it and pay it later. :rolleyes1 It is my Disneymoon and first trip to Disney.

I posted this on the pre-trippie but I think I will keep it here as it is more wedding and disneymoon then anything else.

Restaurants I would like to try:

B: Breakfast
L: Lunch
D: Dinner
BF: Buffet

MK:

Liberty Tree Tavern L, D
Cinderella's Royal Table B ( I know Characters, but I want to visit with the Princesses
Plaza Restaurant L, D
MGM:
50's Prime Time Café L, D
Hollywood and Vine D, BF, Fantasmic
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano D, Fantasmic
Sci Fi Dine-In Theatre L, D

Epcot:

Garden Grill Restaurant - Chip and Dale's Harvest Feast D, L
Biergarten L, D, BF
Le Cellier Steakhouse L, D
Nine Dragons Restaurant l, D

Animal Kingdom

Tusker House B, L, D
Rainforest Cafe

First ADR to be made in October.

O I also want to go to Ohana's, and the Hoop de doo Review (I have to check on the spelling).

Okay soon coming Disney Princess Flower Girl Show!!!! :dance3:

We love to hear about all of the details and we LOVE pictures! (hint, hint!) ;)

I think I got the hint. :thumbsup2 I have to agree the best TP have lots of pics and great stories. I will never be without my camera and every picture taken will be taken with DIS in mind! :woohoo:

Wow, your Disney Flower Princesses are so cute! And your Super Ring Prince is so handsome! You're going to have a beautiful wedding party! :wizard: I love all their outfits.

Hope you get to try all those restaurants. Did you know that you can meet the Princesses in Epcot too? Restaurant Akershus in the Norway pavilion serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with the Princesses every day. We had breakfast there last year and my DD met Belle, Snow White, Jasmine, Mulan and Mary Poppins, she was so thrilled! Also, Tusker House in AK was a counter service restaurant, we ate lunch there last year, no adr required. Its closed now though:sad2: and I think a new table service restaurant called Yak 'n Yeti is opening on the site in October. You could get more information on that on the restaurant boards and get reviews of the others you're interested in.

Here's my DD with Snow White
CIMG0405.jpg
[/IMG]

Good luck with your adrs! :goodvibes

Here's my DD with Snow White
CIMG0405.jpg
[/IMG]

Good luck with your adrs! :goodvibes

Your DD is so cute!! I was talking with my mother and she loved the idea of having Disney Flower Princesses... she then took it a step further and said why not let them dress up like princesses... I LOVE IT...:love: I wonder if DF will let me.

Hey there alltvseries, Glad to see you on board.

Okay guys. Usually you get the dress and then the shoes... I already have the shoes. I will post pics of them tonight. I will also take a picture of my wedding binder (I am super proud of my organization!!!)

On Ebay I saw a Donald and Daisy Cake Topper... through the power of Dis Surfing :surfweb: ... I am on the verge of buying. DF is a huge Donald fan and by power of association I have turned into a Daisy Fan. He bought me a Daisy Jewelry Box from Lenox at Disneyland. he is so sweet. I will post pics tonight after I am done with at least 10 pages of the 20 that is due on Monday. :scared1:

My DF and I came up with the idea that the flower girl would dress up like Tinkerbell and she would be thowing pixi dust with the flowers.... :tinker:

PS...sorry if I make a mistake writing my english isn't that good.....:(

My DF and I came up with the idea that the flower girl would dress up like Tinkerbell and she would be thowing pixi dust with the flowers.... :tinker:

PS...sorry if I make a mistake writing my english isn't that good.....:(

Dont Worry about your english... girl, anyone that is brave enough to write on a board with thousands of readers, gets my vote for SUPER PERSON! :cool1:

When I read the tink idea... I loved it. To prove how much I loved it, I let out a bit of a scream. I got some weird looks. O well.

I know I promised pics but the paper is not done yet. I have to finish. I hope to get them up soon. I also will post the answers to the questions my wedding planner gave us.

Hi fellow Husky! Good to see another Washingtonian on here; there does not seem to be many of us on the DIS.

Love the pre-trippe so far-- your enthusiasm is contagious! You seem so organized! Great resturant choices. Le Cellier is one of my favorites (and conveniently located in the Canada Pavillion!) I would suggest Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, too. The food is absolutely incredible and the atmosphere is soooo romantic. Boma is good too! Plus, the resort is an attraction itself, with a large collection of African art and the animals in the Savannah.

I am a Donald fan as well. I have a very distinct memory of being at Disneyland when I was very young and insisting on a Donald mug and magnet. My parents kept asking if I wanted Minnie or Cinderella or even Mickey, but Donald it was!

Go finish your paper! Good luck!

Just visited your wedding website and your description of your friendship (and then courtship) and the role that the Lord has in it brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations on your engagement!

Another thing I forgot to tell you....I think you're gonna love the POP.....me and my DF went there in May and we Love It.....it's really DISNEY.....we love it so much that we are going for the honeymoon......:love:

Just visited your wedding website and your description of your friendship (and then courtship) and the role that the Lord has in it brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations on your engagement!

You are such a sweetheart! I am very lucky to have him in my life. I am glad that I am a Husky. I could not picture myself anywhere else. The UW has changed my life and all for the better. I am happy that you are enjoying the Pre-trippe. Snaps, I have to finsh the paper!

alltvseries: You have put my mind at ease. The POP it is. I was afraid about going there as it is very bright and kinda retro. Sometimes I dig, sometimes no.

Okay by the middle of the week my life will finally be easier to manage. :sad2: All I want to do is read trip planners.:coffee:

If you want I can post pics from the hotel......

I would love that!!!

Okay guys... I am sorry fo rnot posting but tomorrow is my last school day and my teachers hate me. She gave us a five page take home final in addition to the in class stuff. O well. I promise on my Disney Geekiness that I will have pics of my binder, shoes (I call them my Snow White Slippers). and registry packet (it is so cute). OKay must write paper. Hopefully by Friday I will have made my vacation a package deal! Wish me luck!

Hey there,

Your Disney flower princesses are too cute and of course the Super Ring Prince is very cute as well.

I too would love to hear all about your wedding plans!

Your pre-trip report is not too early. I fully intend on starting my pre-trip report for my December 08 trip once I am finished with my trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter