So where is the Disney Dream at the moment?

The ship is set to sail across the Atlantic and will reach Port Canaveral, Florida on January 4, 2011. The captain of the ship is Captain Tom Forberg and the maiden voyage is set for January 26, 2011.

I have been searching everywhere for a live vessel tracker, but the last data has them from just before Christmas. I would love to know about a site that had live data so we could track it coming into PC.

I'm on the Panama Canal cruise as well, so it would be cool to put a link of where we are on that trip as well. :)

The AIS system used to track ships only has a range of about 50 miles so unless they call in to NOAA or the USCG for weather observations we won't know their position until in range of the AIS.

People on the Magic now will see the Dream At 8AM tomorrow!

Will post photo's when I get them! :thumbsup2

Hmmm... Marine traffic shows the Magic making a curious "S" maneuver and the Wonder headed straight toward the Magic. The Dream is curiously still not tracking since shortly after Tenerife. I wonder if Disney planning a magic photo moment with all three ships...?

Magic
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?oldmmsi=308516000&zoom=10&olddate=1/1/2011 3:37:45 AM

Wonder
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/de...8457000&zoom=10&olddate=12/31/2010 9:20:02 AM

I know that the Magic and the Dream will meet up today. The fiance of the person I know on the Dream is working on the Magic and I know that she commented that they would be so close today, but yet so far away. Looks like the Wonder will be there, too. I was so hoping that this meet up would happen on January 7th. We are on the Panama Canal Cruise and it would have been very fitting for the Magic and the Dream to see off the Wonder on her way to her new home.

Corinna

Hmmm... Marine traffic shows the Magic making a curious "S" maneuver and the Wonder headed straight toward the Magic. The Dream is curiously still not tracking since shortly after Tenerife. I wonder if Disney planning a magic photo moment with all three ships...?

Magic
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?oldmmsi=308516000&zoom=10&olddate=1/1/2011 3:37:45 AM

Wonder
http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/de...8457000&zoom=10&olddate=12/31/2010 9:20:02 AM

just looked at this on the map! :)

Have not received any texts or emails yet...

I wonder if all 3 ships shut down their AIS tracking so no other ships would get the photo of the ships together before DCL released it for promotional purposes. They are well in range of the AIS tracking sites so that's the only explanation I can come up with. Any ideas?

Are there actually a y guests on the cruise?
I did not think there were any guests but I am not clear on why they would go to CC, Nassau and back to CC. They just trying to kill some time? :lmao:

I think a lot of this is to practice docking maneuvers as the Dream is so much bigger than the Magic and the Wonder. Castaway Cay in particular can be difficult at the best of times even for the smaller ships. They want to get this right before they let paying customers on board.

Corinna

Are there actually a y guests on the cruise?
I did not think there were any guests but I am not clear on why they would go to CC, Nassau and back to CC. They just trying to kill some time? :lmao:

I had heard that they may be practicing docking the ship since it is bigger???

are you allowed to post a link to the facebook page? is it the dcl page? i didn't see anything there earlier today. I'm so excited!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter