So who has gotten tix for Elton John?

I have never seen him, so yeah, it’s time to do that. We have our tickets (December in San Antonio) and absolutely cannot wait!

I've always thought Miley sounded like a goat and tonight, she seemed to interpret Tiny Dancer in a .....tortured style. I wasn't convinced she even understood the meaning of the song, and it's just not THAT complicated.

She wasn’t good, but sadly he was even worse :(

Tickets for my local area don't go on sale until February 2nd, although AMex card holders were able to get presale tickets.

Last time we saw Elton (the tour with Billy Joel), my wife and I weren't impressed. I felt he mailed in his performance that night. We've seen him previous times and love his show, but we don't plan on catching his final tour. My wife was actually a little irritated at the timing of his announcement of his final tour -- she felt it took away from the announcement (a day or so before) of Neil Diamond ceasing touring due to Parkinson's.

I saw Elton twice. He was great. And while I was tempted during his interview about his farewell tour, I don't feel there will really be anything new or different to seeing him again. So, I'm passing.

I love that this his farewell is because his priorities have changed. He never thought anything would be more important or that he'd love anything more than performing. But, he loves his 2 kids so much that he wants to spend his time with them & his DH. :lovestruc They are at the age to be there.

Last edited:

I got tickets today for the 11/9 show at Madison Square Garden. :) DH has seen him but I never have so it's one of those pseudo bucket list type things.

I saw him once about 10 years ago. I no longer have the patience to be around drunks who insist on standing and playing with their phones. It's best for me to avoid these type of events.

I really want to but I don't like shows at large arenas anymore. It's just too expensive and I hate the masses of people. I was reminded of that at Garth Brooks last year.

I did see Elton and Billy Joel with my parents when I was younger though (in amazing seats). I slept though half of it and made my parents wake me up for Piano Man. :rotfl: I regret that now.

Got my tickets. Used the amex presale to do so. Could have had great floor tickets, but couldn't justify the $505 cost so got the upper level instead. Good enough for me.

My wife and I are heading to Vegas next weekend.
Before Elton announced his final tour, I asked on Facebook what show should we see while in Vegas. The options were Diana Ross, Elton John, and Chicago. I figured my wife would pick Chicago. It was unanimous that Elton John was the pick, including my wife. One comment was "you want to see him before he retires".

Now I'm happy we bought the seats. Tickets were less than half what they are at the large arenas, and the theater seats 2,000(give or take).

I wanted to but I don't have Amex for presale, and it sold out in 0 seconds for public sale. DH and I refuse to pay resale... it's ridiculous

At his age, HOW can he commit to a concert a year from now? Arthritis could have him in its grip!

At his age, HOW can he commit to a concert a year from now? Arthritis could have him in its grip!
And he's doing 300 shows over the next 3 years! Anything could happen to someone at that age, or he may be just fine. I did think it was interesting that part of his motivation for retiring was that he has small children. Well, if you're going to be doing a hundred shows a year for three years aren't they gonna be somewhat older when you return home to stay?

And he's doing 300 shows over the next 3 years! Anything could happen to someone at that age, or he may be just fine. I did think it was interesting that part of his motivation for retiring was that he has small children. Well, if you're going to be doing a hundred shows a year for three years aren't they gonna be somewhat older when you return home to stay?

That's only 100 shows a year. Just over 3 months time. I assume he will be going home in between, if there are long stretches of time between shows.

He said on GMA that when the kids were younger, he & DH could just pack up the kids and have them go on tour with them. But now that they are school age, he wants stability for them and to remain in one place for school, making friends, etc. :thumbsup2 I like that he thought of the kids first. The nomadic life, like Brad & Angelina had, moving their kids to different countries at will, might work for some, but Elton wants something more "normal" & stable for his kids. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know where his last show will be? Is the dates set for 3 years from now? He said on GMA that he will definitely do hos last show in the U.S. That he has a special fondness for the U.S. as his career really took of due to us here.

:scratchin I'm thinking the last show may be NYC or L.A. BUT he does have the song, "Philadelphia Freedom," so it could be in Philly. And the lyrics are:

"Philadelphia freedom
Don't you know that I loooove you
Yes I do, Philadelphia freedom."

Tried to get tickets for DC this morning. Both shows were sold out within minutes.

I did see him with Billy Joel a few years ago so at least I have seen him already. I refuse to pay Stub Hub prices!

ME ME!! Well, we don't have tickets yet but he is my absolute favorite and I must see him again before he actually retires. I've seen him 3 times total and all concerts were really great.

As for Miley at the Grammys, she was much better than I expected her to be. As for Elton, he is old now and sounds pretty bad (this breaks my heart to say) but I love him no matter what.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter