Soarin’ Over California Returning to Epcot Until Feb 27, 2024!

scrappinginontario

UPDATE: Soarin' Around The World will return Wed, Feb 28, 2024.

Soarin’ over California is returning to Epcot Sep 22, 2023 for a limited time. A return date to ‘Soarin’ Around the World’ has not been announced.

It’s part of Disney’s 100th Celebration!

I LOVE the original although we aren’t returning until next Aug so I’m not holding my breath. Would love to see this version again!! I don’t think there was ever a time me feet returned to earth without finding myself tearing up snd clapping!

Last edited:
You know, I thought I was going to love the new Soarin'- all those exciting places around the world- but it just feels like something's missing. Not sure what or why, but we much prefer Soarin' over California. Also, the last time we rode Soarin', something was drastically wrong with the screen angle; the tops of things (trees, Eiffel Tower) weren't aligned with the bottoms! VERY annoying, and it triggered my motion sickness!

You know, I thought I was going to love the new Soarin'- all those exciting places around the world- but it just feels like something's missing. Not sure what or why, but we much prefer Soarin' over California. Also, the last time we rode Soarin', something was drastically wrong with the screen angle; the tops of things (trees, Eiffel Tower) weren't aligned with the bottoms! VERY annoying, and it triggered my motion sickness!
This is a big problem if you sit in either on the side sections. To avoid the bending, ask to sit in the centre section. Section B I believe.

This is a big problem if you sit in either on the side sections. To avoid the bending, ask to sit in the centre section. Section B I believe.
I can only assume that when the Imagineers were testing the new movie, they only ever sat in the center section. The Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal just look terrible from the sides. When we are taking guests for the first time we always ask to wait for the front row, center section, so they get a good initial impression of the experience.

Is the “limited time” the whole 100th celebration? A week? A month? A few short runs over the course of the year?

When it’s back, will Soarin’ Around the World be shelved? Or will they alternate them like Cosmic Rewind songs and Star Tours adventures? So many unanswered questions!

Is the “limited time” the whole 100th celebration? A week? A month? A few short runs over the course of the year?

When it’s back, will Soarin’ Around the World be shelved? Or will they alternate them like Cosmic Rewind songs and Star Tours adventures? So many unanswered questions!
When CA gets the original back for F&W it's only Over California and doesn't alternate with Around the World. I think it takes some recalibrating and swapping scents so it would probably be too difficult to alternate and would honestly anger guests expecting CA.

I’ve never met anyone who prefers the “round the world” version to the original. And that includes every CM I have ever talked about this with.
I wasn’t too keen on the round the world version at first because I loved the original and generally don’t like change. But the round the world version has really grown on me. I prefer the music in round the world and now overall, it’s my favourite.

I‘d be happy with swap outs of the two from time to time. :)

Disney is celebratin’ with 100 … ?
I guess I will find out exactly what the 100 means when Disney releases WISH with a tribute short before the movie begins …

I think I will enjoy Soarin Over California with respect to the ending
Tink and fireworks and Mickey wavin at me flying down Main Street USA but I also like the focus on EPCOT for the Florida version

Keep both for me please !

I am so bummed - I planned my EP day for the 19th and have an ADR for Shiki Sai and cant get one for the 22nd, so will not move my day as i really want to try it. I guess i didnt realize that was the kickoff day for the 100th when i planned it.

Yep. California also had better smells.
Now that is something you don’t hear every day . . .

I loved the original Soarin’ and would ride it multiple times per trip. The new one I might ride once a year. Aside from the fact that everything that should be straight is bent, it’s like they put special effects in just to do it. Every single scene transition has to be over the top. The original was much more subtle, with only a couple big surprises. It was like a love letter to California. The new one is more like those annoying Medicare Advantage commercials. It has no heart.

Happy to hear this. We were at DL last month and Soarin was closed so we missed it out there. I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

I wish Disney had announced a new version of the film at D23. I know the current one is still fairly new so that wasn't likely. I just don't really think the current version is as good as the original. That's probably because of the extreme curvature apparent in so many of the scenes and the "blast their face" transitions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter