• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin’ Over California Returning to Epcot Until Feb 27, 2024!

I just went to the App Store and there was an update for the wait times so I updated it but it still shows soaring as closed
I hope I can get this straightened out before we go in Jan soaring is my favorite and I’d like to ride it a few times without a long wait
Any other ideas I can try

Are you looking on the My Disney Experience app? That is Disney’s app which you will need for your trip.

If you are using any other app, you are at the mercy if that company correctly accessing the data they need.

IMG_4689.jpeg

its the one Ive had for our last several trips even before the pandemic
its funny how I cant seem to see that one
there was an update but that didnt help

its the one Ive had for our last several trips even before the pandemic
its funny how I cant seem to see that one
there was an update but that didnt help
Disney’s official app is better than third-party options for the reason you’re experiencing. I recommend using My Disney Experience and not the app you’ve historically relied upon.

I just went to the App Store and there was an update for the wait times so I updated it but it still shows soaring as closed
I hope I can get this straightened out before we go in Jan soaring is my favorite and I’d like to ride it a few times without a long wait
Any other ideas I can try
Something I realized while looking at MDE today - Disney distinguishes between Soarin’ over California (which is showing now) and Soarin’ Around the World (which is currently closed).

If you search for Soarin’ over California in the app you’re using, what comes up?

Actually on the wait time app it just says soaring’
There was an update for the MDE so I did the upgrade but actually it’s hard to tell since Epcot is closed I’ll check it again tomorrow
Also on the MDE where are the wait times.
Thanks

Actually on the wait time app it just says soaring’
There was an update for the MDE so I did the upgrade but actually it’s hard to tell since Epcot is closed I’ll check it again tomorrow
Also on the MDE where are the wait times.
Thanks
- Open the MDE App and click the upside-down teardrop at the bottom of the page
- Click ‘Filter’ top left if screen to choose park(s)
- Click ‘Show List’ top right of screen

A list of all attraction wait times for the park(s) selected will be displaced. Note, these are only populated when parks are open as it is real-time data.

Also, changing the centre drop-down will offer options for characters, shows and more.

We did Soarin last week and while I appreciated no CGI, i did feel quite a bit dizzy that i have never felt when doing the World version.

I had only ever done the World version of Soarin. And I honestly love it. It’s one of my favorite attractions. I was super excited for California and excited to ride it.

But wow, it was bad. I have no nostalgic attachment for it, so it’s only my thoughts comparing World to California. The scene transitions were awkward, there were random loud noises, there didn’t seem to be many scents and the last few scenes were so blurry and shaky it was hard to even know what you were supposed to be looking at.

I was disappointed that one of my favorites wasn’t really a good ride, and I will definitely not ride it again.

I had only ever done the World version of Soarin. And I honestly love it. It’s one of my favorite attractions. I was super excited for California and excited to ride it.

But wow, it was bad. I have no nostalgic attachment for it, so it’s only my thoughts comparing World to California. The scene transitions were awkward, there were random loud noises, there didn’t seem to be many scents and the last few scenes were so blurry and shaky it was hard to even know what you were supposed to be looking at.

I was disappointed that one of my favorites wasn’t really a good ride, and I will definitely not ride it again.
My family had the same reaction when we rode a few weeks ago. We are going again at the end of January and we are hoping it switches back by then. If not, we are just going to skip it.

We've been missing the original version for years, and had real nostalgia about seeing it again.

We went last night. One and done. I agree with other posters - I felt dizzy and the quality of the film was nowhere near the quality of the World version. After pining for the old version and wishing they would alternate the two versions (still think they should), we both agreed that we prefer the new version.

It was walk-on all evening. I was checking the app from before we arrived around 5:30, through the concert in the American pavilion that ended at 7:15, and it was consistently at 15 minutes wait time. We walked over and rode at around 7:30 pm and pretty much walked on. It was still 15 minutes when we exited. Even though the park itself was insanely crowded (primarily in World Showcase).

It was at 65 minutes when we rode around 4 pm.

Wow. Good tip for people then is to ride in the evening. We were driving over at 5:30 pm when I first checked, and the wait time on the app never changed from 15 minutes right through to the time we exited Soarin' between 7:30 and 8:00 pm. It appeared as though it would stay that way until closing time. It was very quiet on that side of Future World - as soon as we turned the corner coming from World Showcase just past Canada, the crowds completely died down. The Land was also a walk-on, although we didn't ride.

I guess everyone was at the various Food & Wine booths, plus Eat to the Beat was filled, and walkways in World Showcase were a zoo.

I have huge nostalgia for Soarin over California. Never really cared for the new soarin and did the old one many times with my family. However, now I am wondering if it is worth a trip to Epcot just to do it. Is the quality really that bad? Will it cause motion sickness? Has anyone had a good experience that has gone recently? Thank you?

I have huge nostalgia for Soarin over California. Never really cared for the new soarin and did the old one many times with my family. However, now I am wondering if it is worth a trip to Epcot just to do it. Is the quality really that bad? Will it cause motion sickness? Has anyone had a good experience that has gone recently? Thank you?
I don't think the quality was bad. It just wasn't as crisp as the newer version. We didn't have motion sickness.

As someone who previously had not seen the California version, I generally agree with this. It was nice to see something new, but World seems superior to me. The transitions were not good.

This thread is full of many guest’s experiences. I would recommend reading through it as many have already shared their answers to your questions.

I certainly didn’t get motion sickness. It was a nice show, I just thought ‘World was superior.

My recollection is that California didn't have the same distorted-picture problems that World does.

I enjoy World, but if you're not sitting in the exact center of the theater, the Eiffel Tower and Taj Mahal look weird, to say the least.

Could anyone who's seen California recently give a heads-up on its distortion factor? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter