Soarin' Fast Pass question

TiggeRx

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the BCV this fall, which of course, will make our trips to EPCOT quite easy. I do have one concern. My plan is to get to the International Gateway at rope drop, and "briskly" walk towards Soarin' for Fast Passes for family and friends while they venture towards Test Track, and rendez-vous with them there. Are the Fast Passes for Soarin' available right at park opening, or would it be more advantageous for us to ride Soarin' first, then get Fast Passes for Test Track?

We are staying at the BCV this fall, which of course, will make our trips to EPCOT quite easy. I do have one concern. My plan is to get to the International Gateway at rope drop, and "briskly" walk towards Soarin' for Fast Passes for family and friends while they venture towards Test Track, and rendez-vous with them there. Are the Fast Passes for Soarin' available right at park opening, or would it be more advantageous for us to ride Soarin' first, then get Fast Passes for Test Track?

We always ride Soarin' first, then get FPs, then do Test Track stand-by.

It depends on how many times you want to ride Soarin'. If you want to ride Soarin' just once, send someone to get fastpasses for Test Track and ride Soarin'. If you think you may want to ride Soarin' more than once, proceed straight to Soarin' (along with 90% of the other rope drop folks) get a FP, then get in standby line and ride, then go get FPs for Test Track or ride TT if the wait isnt that long.

If you have time to burn while waiting for your FP return time, dont forget The Seas and Turtle Talk with Crush.

You should get fast passes before riding if you want to maximize the amount of FPs you will be able to get that day. If it doesn't matter, ride first.

I had the same concern when staying at BWV last year. Since I walk quicker than DW does w/ a stroller, I "briskly walked" to Soarin' and got FP, then walked over to Test Track to meet her. We got there about the same time.

The second time we tried to enter the International Gateway at rope drop our plan was foiled by those pesky Dream Squad Members who demanded that we wait an extra few seconds so that they could give us Dream Fastpasses. We all walked toward Future World at a leisurely pace that morning with smiles on our faces.

We never had much of a wait to get fastpasses last fall. Actually fastpass didn't help us at all because both sides were virtually walk-up through the entire thing but the towards the end when they count out the amount of guests for each-isle it took SO long because one of the vehicles was down.

Based on my experience...we've stayed at BC the last 3 times in the busiest month, JULY....and entered EPCOT through the special entrance....

We've walked through Soarin' with NO WAIT! The sign said 10 minutes the last time and I almost regretted it since I LOVE the Soarin' queue!

So - Perhaps you can ride SOarin' ....get FP's....then head to TT....but as PP said...Don't miss The Seas....That is awesome as well... :)

We get FPs at Soarin first thing, then eat breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. We digest breakfast on Living With The Land, but I've just heard that it's temporarily closed. By the time we're done with Land, our Soarin FPs are up. :cool2:

Hey, thanks all for the quick replies!
It's been 3 years since the family has been to Disney World. At that time, of our 3 youngest children (4-4-3), only the son was tall enough (barely, and I mean BARELY) to ride Test Track, which he thoroughly loved, but because of time constrictions, we were not able to do Soarin'.
This year, all the children are tall enough to do most every ride, and are eagerly awaiting Test Track.
I think my strategy may change a bit, depending on crowds.
I like the idea of bee-lining it towards Soarin' and ride immediately after rope drop, then get Fast Passes for it later, then heading straight to Test Track and ride. I'm assuming (Oct.4th) that the Stand By line for TT early in the morning should be in the 10-20 minutes range (Hey, I can hope, can't I?).

Again, thanks for information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter