Soarin in Epcot for 4yo

Nicnicnic.nic

Mouseketeer
I went on this ride in California adventure many years ago and don't remember anything being scary about it. Is the height requirement just because of the size of the seat and the safety bar type? Trying to decide whether to try it with my 4yo. I'm pretty sure she'll be tall enough but of course we'll double check but she was tall enough for 38" rides a year ago.

I went on this ride in California adventure many years ago and don't remember anything being scary about it. Is the height requirement just because of the size of the seat and the safety bar type? Trying to decide whether to try it with my 4yo. I'm pretty sure she'll be tall enough but of course we'll double check but she was tall enough for 38" rides a year ago.
not sure of the height requirement but if she makes there is a strap that is pulled up between her legs to keep her from sliding out. it is not used with over a height so you would not see it. it is added to the seat belt not a lapbar as such. we ran into younger brother having to use while older brother did not need. of course younger brother complained

my niece did it when she was 4 or 5 yr old and got somewhat scared with the transitions, the big whale jumping, the plane coming over etc… talking about the World edition..

Later she did the California edition and loved it

Either way it is best to try it :)

The height requirement is 40". I don't know what the requirements are for needing to use that middle strap on the seatbelt, but I'm terrified of heights and I use it every time I ride it. :D My granddaughter rode Soarin' at 4 years old and loved it (but she's fearless). It's not scary in an evil sort of way, but some of the elements can be surprising which scares/startles some people.

The height requirement is 40". I don't know what the requirements are for needing to use that middle strap on the seatbelt, but I'm terrified of heights and I use it every time I ride it. :D My granddaughter rode Soarin' at 4 years old and loved it (but she's fearless). It's not scary in an evil sort of way, but some of the elements can be surprising which scares/startles some people.
Is it nauseating for people who get nauseous from roller coasters?

If your head doesn’t reach the red mark on the seat you have to use the extra strap. But even if you do reach it they’ll let you use the strap if you want to.

Is it nauseating for people who get nauseous from roller coasters?

I've had to stop going on most roller coasters due to feeling nauseous (I couldn't wait to get off of SDD last year), but I don't have that issue on Soarin'. The good thing about Soarin' is that most of the movement is a visual effect, so if you close your eyes, you don't feel it anymore. The seats do move slightly, but not enough to cause nausea (at least in my experience).

If your head doesn’t reach the red mark on the seat you have to use the extra strap. But even if you do reach it they’ll let you use the strap if you want to.

Ahh, that's right! Now I remember the red line on the seat back. I'm way past that line! :D Some of my adult kids still use the strap but I think they do it more to make *me* feel comfortable. :D

My three and a half year old loved it! As some of the previous posters have noted, the transitions can be a bit surprising, but I just held his hand through it and he did great. The only thing that might give me pause as a parent is if my child had a severe fear of heights. If your daughter is not afraid of heights and she's tall enough, I bet she'll love it!

I've had to stop going on most roller coasters due to feeling nauseous (I couldn't wait to get off of SDD last year), but I don't have that issue on Soarin'. The good thing about Soarin' is that most of the movement is a visual effect, so if you close your eyes, you don't feel it anymore. The seats do move slightly, but not enough to cause nausea (at least in my experience).

Ahh, that's right! Now I remember the red line on the seat back. I'm way past that line! :D Some of my adult kids still use the strap but I think they do it more to make *me* feel comfortable. :D
I use that strap as well so I don’t feel like I could slide forward.

It was one of my 4 year old’s favorite rides! The height requirement is probably due to the type of seats and straps. Even with the strap I feel like a smaller wiggly kid could wriggle free 😬 we had no issues and loved it.

My 4 y/o son loved it and my 7 y/o son (who gets very anxious about rides and was scared at the beginning of Soarin) enjoyed it too.

If you do decide to try, something we do in my family for first-timers. When you line up to enter the ride, there are three rows numbers 1,2,3. Row 1 people end up going the highest during the ride. Row 3 people end up going much lower (Row 2 in between). Being physically closer to the ground made my wife feel better about the ride. It might mean nothing for you, but just a tip to consider.

If you do decide to try, something we do in my family for first-timers. When you line up to enter the ride, there are three rows numbers 1,2,3. Row 1 people end up going the highest during the ride. Row 3 people end up going much lower (Row 2 in between). Being physically closer to the ground made my wife feel better about the ride. It might mean nothing for you, but just a tip to consider.
I will definitely request row 3 thank you

Soarin' is pretty mild. I took a 4-yr old on it and she loved it though she was scared of some rides like tower of terror.

Soarin' is pretty mild. I took a 4-yr old on it and she loved it though she was scared of some rides like tower of terror.
Lol I know shed hate tower of terror. After slinky she asked me why did you tell me to go on that

Unless your child is afraid of heights or has anxiety with rides in general, Soarin is probably fine! Both of my children rode starting at 3 years old and they enjoyed it!

I'd say most kids are okay with it but neither of mine were at that age. My oldest did ride, but she couldn't accept that it was a screen and not real and cried the whole ride. My son bailed (as in started screaming to let him off) after getting buckled in and they had to delay the whole ride for him, oops. My daughter started loving it at 6 and my son is 8 now and FINALLY agreed to go in it if we put him on the lowest row.

My youngest was 4.5 yrs old when he rode it for the first time and needed the middle strap due to his height. He loved it! At the time, he liked those frog hopper rides that smaller local amusement parks have and was a geography/map enthusiast. His only coaster on that trip was barnstormer.

I’m a chicken on any ride with a drop, but Soarin is my favorite ride. I took my 5 year old nephew on it and he was fine, but my 50 year old sister in law freaked out about the height, so as others said fear of height is the red flag. (I can do heights, not drops)

One suggestion I have is to find a video on YouTube or something that shows how the seats lift up towards the screen. Then show them how the seats move to see the big TV screen better and ask them if they think it’s too scary. Kids do so much better if they have a chance to see what will happen first so they feel more confident when they experience it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter