• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soarin' ride ok with my situation?

granball

Mouseketeer
I have back & neck problems, looking downward for long periods is painful and being jerked, or just having to hold myself straight when sharp turns are made or having to keep myself from falling forward can bring on problems. Can I go on Soarin' without too much difficulty? Thanks

Soarin is designed to mirror the effects of being in a hang glider. Generally you are looking staight ahead. The turns and banks are not sharp or abrupt. You should be able to do it. Note that I have not noticed any warnings as on other attractions.

My FIL53 rode it, and he has serious back and neck problems. I don't remember him having any problems. My grandma-age 80 rode it too with no problem. You do mostly look forward, and down some. It is such a great ride-one of those ones I wish we would have had time to do again.
I hope you don't get hurt after listening to me though! :flower:

Will there be tohers with you? Perhaps they can ride Soarin' & let you know about riding it. Also, you might want to sit in row three - I thought I read somewhere about how high the seats go up & the third row (of three) is not as high up as row one.

JudithM said:
Will there be tohers with you? Perhaps they can ride Soarin' & let you know about riding it. Also, you might want to sit in row three - I thought I read somewhere about how high the seats go up & the third row (of three) is not as high up as row one.
Or, you might want to tell the CM that you want to go in the row that will be the closest to the ground while in motion, since I have read in some posts that it's row 3 and in other posts that it's row 1. :flower:
So, which is closest to the ground may depend on which row is considered the "front" by the person counting. We haven't been on yet, so I have not personal experience. :confused3

As was already mentioned, there are no warnings for riders. The only warning is that service animals are not allowed.

I rode this attraction with alot of help and physical support to keep me from falling forward, there are rails to hang onto if you can on the sides of each seat. Good luck- it IS a wonderful experience! Kathy

Just rode this about three weeks ago and loved it!!! I have Chiari (a brain malformation) and have alot of trouble with dizziness and balance. I've had bone removed from my neck and skull, and also have trouble looking down and being jerked around. I had no problems whatsoever on this ride. Rode it three times, twice in the 3rd row, once in the second row.

granball said:
I have back & neck problems, looking downward for long periods is painful and being jerked, or just having to hold myself straight when sharp turns are made or having to keep myself from falling forward can bring on problems. Can I go on Soarin' without too much difficulty? Thanks

I saw warnings

but we did this 3 times its not too bad....

best ride in the PARK

joannelee217 said:
I saw warnings

but we did this 3 times its not too bad....

best ride in the PARK
Do you remember what the warnings are?
Interestingly in the WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities, all they list is that Service Animals may not ride, but the Disneyland version of the Guidebook lists Guests should be in good health, and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride.
I would think they would have the same warnings. It looks like whoever was responsible for the WDW vedrsion made a mistake.

SueM in MN said:
Do you remember what the warnings are?
Interestingly in the WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities, all they list is that Service Animals may not ride, but the Disneyland version of the Guidebook lists Guests should be in good health, and free from heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not ride.
I would think they would have the same warnings. It looks like whoever was responsible for the WDW vedrsion made a mistake.

pregnant, have back injuries, and are easily nauseas you may want to avoid this ride, honestly it was mild

joannelee217 said:
pregnant, have back injuries, and are easily nauseas you may want to avoid this ride, honestly it was mild
Thanks. It sounds like they made a mistake in the Guidebook then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter