Soarin' right after breakfast?

MommaBerd

DIS Veteran
We have a PPO breakfast at The Garden Grill. It would be really nice, schedule-wise, to hop in line for Soarin' right afterward. However, I'm hesitant because I wonder if we might feel sick after just eating. :crazy2: The only person prone to motion sickness is DH, and he will be taking Dramamine. Any thoughts?

For me personally, I wouldn't hesitate to ride Soarin' right after eating. However, I know that it does have a reputation of being nausea-inducing. Your DH would probably know his limits best.... I've also heard (and would speculate myself) that sitting in the middle section, where there is the least amount of distortion, might help to lessen any potential nausea.

Personally, I wouldn't fear riding it right after eating. Once you are swung into position, you essentially aren't moving, much.

BUXfPHz9cHEMU.gif

I've never heard of Soarin' making anybody sick. The only time it really moves is when it is being swung into position. If watching movies on a very large screen makes you queasy, that might be it.

I've ridden Soarin right after eating before without even thinking twice. I've only become prone to motion sickness recently, but Soarin has never caused me any problems.

Since you don't move much, if your DH starts to feel sick based on the video he can always close his eyes and enjoy the nice breeze and music! I would go for it!

We will be doing the same in two weeks. The only one in our party who is apprehneisve about Soarin' is me. It still scares me a little when you are thrown forward to the screen. I never felt sick, though. We are doing Mission: Space soon afterwards and I will be in the chicken line.

I would have said no problem .......... but having seen the new warped Soarin' - I did get a wee bit queasy. :eek:

We will be doing the same in two weeks. The only one in our party who is apprehneisve about Soarin' is me. It still scares me a little when you are thrown forward to the screen. I never felt sick, though. We are doing Mission: Space soon afterwards and I will be in the chicken line.

Could you possibly report back after your trip, please? :magnify:

I'd have to agree, at least for me, Soarin' would not be high on the list of rides to be worried about in terms of motion sickness.

It is a very smooth ride. I wouldn't worry and it is a good time to go. We have gone to our first thing fp at soarin and as soon as we get off try to use dd(5) disability pass to get another every time. And every time they have said go right back on no problem; no waiting. I never expect it but it happens frequently. The cm's are so fantastic.

I would have said no problem .......... but having seen the new warped Soarin' - I did get a wee bit queasy. :eek:

I have to agree with this. Never been a problem before, but when I rode last weekend at DL on the far right side, the curvature messed with me a bit. Sitting dead center another time wasn't a problem at all.

I honked after riding Soarin' back in 2012.

But that may have been because I'd just finished drinking 'round the world and I was a tiny bit tipsy.

I have to agree with this. Never been a problem before, but when I rode last weekend at DL on the far right side, the curvature messed with me a bit. Sitting dead center another time wasn't a problem at all.

Yes. The center section gets the best view, the side sections get the new warped view. It's not the gliders and movement that affect it is the new movie, clearly shot with the wrong cameras as the projection does not adjust to the curved screen particularly on the sides where it is curved the most.

From the curved rock formations, the crooked castle, the bent Eiffel Tower ........... I found it bothersome enough to constantly look away. I never had to do that with the old movie. There have been many complaints regarding the "warp" since it opened.

So some guests will find it bothersome, especially on the two side sections.

We have a PPO breakfast at The Garden Grill. It would be really nice, schedule-wise, to hop in line for Soarin' right afterward. However, I'm hesitant because I wonder if we might feel sick after just eating. :crazy2: The only person prone to motion sickness is DH, and he will be taking Dramamine. Any thoughts?

We've never considered eating in relation to riding Soarin' - has never bothered us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter