Soarin taping over disney world parks

minniegirl19

Mouseketeer
wdwmagic posted an article today about how they will be filming clips for soarin over disney world in the next month! They also said the new film being made will feature places from around the world! Very exciting :thumbsup2

wdwmagic posted an article today about how they will be filming clips for soarin over disney world in the next month! They also said the new film being made will feature places from around the world! Very exciting :thumbsup2

Very VERY good news is true. It came from WDWMagic so I happen to believe it. Now I need to clean up the water I just spewed all over my computer screen after reading this. =)

When is the expected opening date for the new film?
No date is given I don't think one will be given for a while yet. They are still filming it. I would say maybe mid 2015 or early 2016 for it to arrive in WDW. I think they may push for it to get done quicker in DLR because of the big 60th anniversary next year.

Very excited to see this!

I do wonder how long the actual switch will take from one movie to the next (i.e., how long the ride will need to be down). I do understand that the switch will include changing to hi-res digital projectors (saw that rumor over at WDWMagic as well), but even with that being the case, it seems like the sort of thing where it's just a matter of changing the projectors and film and then uploading a new set of instructions to control the movement (which has presumably already been tested and finalized on a mock-up elsewhere), but I imagine it's actually probably more complicated than that.

Very excited to see this!

I do wonder how long the actual switch will take from one movie to the next (i.e., how long the ride will need to be down). I do understand that the switch will include changing to hi-res digital projectors (saw that rumor over at WDWMagic as well), but even with that being the case, it seems like the sort of thing where it's just a matter of changing the projectors and film and then uploading a new set of instructions to control the movement (which has presumably already been tested and finalized on a mock-up elsewhere), but I imagine it's actually probably more complicated than that.

I've also read rumors about adding an additional theater. So it's conceivable that they could change it over with no downtime. Just build the new theater and then change the others one at a time.

I imagine the ride will down. It just seems like they will build the third theater and then connect it to the original building while it was down rather then with guest riding. Then they can work on repainting everything, work on the queue and fix any issues the ride seats or computer systems may have. Maybe they wont but I don't see them keeping it open.

I can understand why there won't be a Soarin' Over Florida. Not much to see over this flat state. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter