Soarin / Test Track / Frozen strategy

Won't Soarin line be absurdly long if we don't run to it right at ropedrop? Soarin is our #1 priority, though we do like TT.

Also, do they give you a 4th fastpass at all the parks or just MK?
All that craziness at RD for FEA and Soarin' will open up TT.

You'll avoid the craziness and when that first wave passes, you'll be in line for Soarin' and its 3 theaters.

Even if you have a wait here, you've dodged waits at the other two. Even if you wait an hour here, you've hit all three rides in 2 hours.

No, the system knows exactly what you have booked and used.

CMs were telling guests to schedule any immediate Tier 2 and tap to "use" to be able to book a Tier 1 as a 4th.

Wow they're sure doing whatever they can to make this inconvenient! I think their wait-time charts are going to be very inaccurate because thousands of people are going to be just tapping Tier 2's but not actually riding. If they know this trick, I should say.

So if we truly do miss our first Tier 2 FP time and it has expired, our only option to book more FP's is to modify the expired Tier 2 for hopefully the current time Tier 2 so we can just tap the FP tapstile?

Ugh. We love the 3 Tier 1 options at Epcot but this is not making for a relaxing visit to that park!

our only option to book more FP's is to modify the expired Tier 2 for hopefully the current time Tier 2 so we can just tap the FP tapstile?
Yes. With the FP system upgrade, allowing a Tier 2 to expire no longer works. Canceling a Tier 2 also doesn't work.

The system "forces" you to "complete" your Tier 2s before you can attempt to book a 2nd Tier 1.

Yes. With the FP system upgrade, allowing a Tier 2 to expire no longer works. Canceling a Tier 2 also doesn't work.

The system "forces" you to "complete" your Tier 2s before you can attempt to book a 2nd Tier 1.

Got it! Thanks so much for your patience :). I can already foresee Epcot is going to be a stressful park for us.

Got it! Thanks so much for your patience :). I can already foresee Epcot is going to be a stressful park for us.
Rope drop and "tapping out" your Tier 2s prior to using your Tier 1 FP will be the quickest way to try for a 2nd Tier 1 as your 4th FP of the day. Good luck to you! :)

What do you mean "tapping out"?
All you have to do to "use" a FP is to tap it. The PP and I were engaged in many posts in this thread about how to "use/tap" the FP tapstile. You really need to read the complete thread to understand the concept.

Okay, reconfirming per @Cluelyss that the first FP return window for FEA is at 11:00a.
The first week only opened with FPs starting at 9. After the 27 they start at 11. At least as of now.

The throwaway Tier 2 strategy will be most beneficial if used/tapped prior to 11:00.

We will be there the first week in August and FP opens for us on June 1. I need to keep this in mind when I book on Wednesday.

I can't believe the price Disney charges to get into epcot for the day and then really is only allowing 1 fastpass on the rides that people want a fastpass for. It's really a disgrace. I am really getting done with Disney. We have been coming yearly for 10 years but next year we are going to find another vacation destination. Every year, we are paying more and getting less. We are not interested in waiting over an hour to ride a 3 minute ride.

Regarding "tapping out" versus allowing Tier 2s to expire:
@marciemi tested today and expired Tier 2s do not block the booking of a 2nd Tier 1 (after the 1st Tier 1 is used).

Tapping out is still a strategy to get beyond the Tier 2 windows faster than waiting for them to expire depending on how your FPs are scheduled for that day.

Marcie's research: PLEASE READ :)
A couple updates from testing today. I know people have said they weren't able to do this, but I have tried before and today was again able to book a second Tier 1 after only using the first Tier 1 and being past my windows for the two Tier 2's (I did not use either of them). Here are the two Tier 2's I had booked:
View attachment 172348
I also had Living With the Land from around 1:30-2:30 (Tier 1). After I used LWTL (first ride I did), I went in and tried to book another Tier 1 while past the Tier 2 windows but without using or tapping them. The first screen looked like it wouldn't let me do it:
View attachment 172349
But when I selected one of the times shown for LWTL again (only remaining Tier 1 at that point), it went right through.
View attachment 172350
I did notice that once I went back into my FPP's on the home screen that the two Tier 2's had disappeared at that point and all that showed was the remaining Tier 1. I tested the FPP (just tapped and it turned green at LWTL) and then was able to book yet another. (This time I just cancelled it after).

Regarding "tapping out" versus allowing Tier 2s to expire:
@marciemi tested today and expired Tier 2s do not block the booking of a 2nd Tier 1 (after the 1st Tier 1 is used).

Tapping out is still a strategy to get beyond the Tier 2 windows faster than waiting for them to expire depending on how your FPs are scheduled for that day.

Marcie's research: PLEASE READ :)

Thanks for keeping us updated. I already changed my FP's around for the tapping scenario so I think I'll just leave them as they are. Still....it's MUCH more convenient to our family to let them expire as we are not early park goers. I'm glad it works both ways (as of right now anyway....).

4th FP and beyond is available from the app when in any of the parks.

With people tying up their Tier 1 with Frozen, there should be availability for a Tier 1 the earlier you search.

Based on my estimates Soarin will hav around 18,000 daily FP to distribute, and test track around 10,000.

I wonder if that will favor a Soarin same day 4th pass?

Risky if Soarin is top priority.

This will be interesting to watch when everything opens up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter