Soarin Wait Times

GunnarCharles

Mouseketeer
I am currently visiting WDW for the first time since 2017, when the new version of Soarin around the world was relatively new, and as I was used to, had consistently long waits. It seems like on trips 6-8 years ago it was THE attraction to focus on for rope drop, fastpass, etc.
So far this trip, however, it’s been quite different. There’s been fastpasses available same day, 30 minute and under stand by lines, and this evening walked on with no waiting whatsoever. The parks were clearing out with rain but still, I did not expect to ever walk on to Soarin with no waiting regardless of the circumstances.
I should also note this doesn’t seem to be a park wide theme. Other attractions in Epcot like Frozen and Test Track are getting over hour waits still.
Has anyone else had this experience or noticed it? Do you think it’s the new version being less popular, newer and better attractions, something else?

I think it's a mix of larger capacity and (maybe) lower popularity--among communities like this one I seem to see a lot of reviews that are more critical of the current version than the original. And for myself, the change in film has made it more of a once-per-trip ride, whereas it used to be a repeat for me.

Agree with the capacity increase and FOP, which is basically an upgrade of the same ride concept has taken some of the steam off Soarin. IMO
We often times describe FOP to people as Soarin on steroids.

I think another factor right now is that with the construction walls impacting travel in that direction within the park, people just aren't casually going up that way.

I think it's a mix of larger capacity and (maybe) lower popularity--among communities like this one I seem to see a lot of reviews that are more critical of the current version than the original. And for myself, the change in film has made it more of a once-per-trip ride, whereas it used to be a repeat for me.
I think if they could've made it so the images on the sides weren't so distorted, it would be better. But I'm like you in that it's now just a once-per-trip ride for me.

Agree with the capacity increase and FOP, which is basically an upgrade of the same ride concept has taken some of the steam off Soarin. IMO
We often times describe FOP to people as Soarin on steroids.

We usually describe it as if Soarin and Star Tours had the best baby possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter