Soarin' - where to sit?

michelle06

DIS Veteran
So, how bad is it? Is it necessary to sit in just the right seat to not have feet dangling in front of you? I am wondering, especially, for kids, how hard it is for them to see. I have read many comments about this fun ride without any mention of feet. Then, lately I read a suggestion about getting in the front row. So, do I need to wait and request the front row?

It's really no big deal. The feet don't obstuct your view in any way--you just sort of see them way over the top of your head.

The screen is GIANT, you won't miss anything at all due to feet. Some people even think it's part of the charm/ambiance to see other people "flying" above you.

IMO, it's really not worth the hassle or the extra wait to request row one. If you think about it, 60 other people ride the whole ride happily in the lower rows!

Soarin' is my favorite. The middle section, front/top row is definately the best, but any seat is good. It is weird to see dangling feet, but then once the ride/show gets going I forget about the feet and experience the ride.

I've sat in different seats and they're ALL great. You don't even notice anyone around you because the seats are so graded anyway. This ride is AWESOME!

I tell first timers to request the front row, because it provides the best experience. That being said, the ride is designed to minimize the feet distraction and is great from any seat.

Thanks, everyone for the quick replies. I guess we won't stress about it. Maybe just hurry at RD and then get a FP and ride twice. Will get more experience that way!

You will most likely have feet in your vision at some point during the show. I'd recommend setting in the B section because you prevent yourself from having a weird side view of the screen if you're in A or C. Either way it's still an amazing ride. One thing someone says to do is to simply close your eyes on the ride, and you feel like you're actually flying over California.

I sat in the first row and the second row, and the experience from the first row was a LOT more better. In the second row, I was quite distracted by all the feet dangling above. I would never again ride in anywhere except the front row. With the feet dangling above, the ride from the second row took away the "natural" feeling I got when in the first row.

I have been in the front row without feet, and in a row with feet. I actually prefer to have feet dangling, because when it starts to feel too "real", I can glance at the feet to remind myself (and my inner ear) that I'm safe and sound in a theme park attraction!

I agree with what the others said. From my experience, any seat is a great one. It's a fun experience wherever you sit. :) Though, it is very fun to be in front if you can get the seat!

Agree that all seats are good seats, but Middle section is definitely better then the sides. For your first experience, you'll just be amazed wherever you're sitting.

This is my most favorite WDW ride -- I'd say I've probably been on it 20 times or so. The ride is amazing from any seat.

The first time I rode it, I asked for the last (bottom) row because I was so fearful about the height factor (the last row raises up the least amount, and the front row goes up the highest, but the truth is that it only makes a difference if you know and think about it, because the ride experience itself is essentially the same from any row). Then, once when we were there at rope drop and there were not many people there at all we asked if we could possibly wait for a front row and the CM let us do that.

The issue of seeing other people's feet is very, very minor IMHO. Now our attitude is that we're happy with any row/seat/section we get. Hope you have a wonderful trip and that you love Soarin' as much as I do!

I don't care for the bottom row at all. I have a very good sense of height so the bottom always feels too low to me.

The whole "feet" issue is way overstated, IMO. They do not obstruct your view in any way, are way over your head. There's not a bad seat in the house!

Every seat position provides a slightly different experience.
The far left brings you closer to the Golden Gate Bridge, the lower row brings your feet closer to the water, the top row brings you up high with the balloons.

Don't mention the feet to the first-timers and they won't notice. Tell them to watch for the hidden Mickey's instead! ::MickeyMo

Time is so precious when you are at WDW, why spend another 5 minutes in line waiting for a certain seat? :)

Every seat position provides a slightly different experience.
The far left brings you closer to the Golden Gate Bridge, the lower row brings your feet closer to the water, the top row brings you up high with the balloons.

Don't mention the feet to the first-timers and they won't notice. Tell them to watch for the hidden Mickey's instead! ::MickeyMo

Time is so precious when you are at WDW, why spend another 5 minutes in line waiting for a certain seat? :)
I never knew there were hidden mickeys on the ride.

I've sat in every row and don't see that it makes much, if any, difference. You really have to look up to see other people's shoes, and I kind of get a "kick" out of watching them raise their feet during some of the secenes, if I decide to do that. You won't notice the feet unless you look up for them.

Just enjoy the ride and don't waste any energy worrying about where you are seated.

I have been on Soarin' several times and sat in different locations. My experience has been that it does not matter at all where you sit and you will enjoy the ride from any seat. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter