Soarin'

I haven't seen th
evilgrin0007.gif
[/QUOTE]
I don't even know what cgi means :guilty:
I Googled it and I still don't know what it means.
Original Soarin or New Coke...er, I mean CGI Soarin?

I haven't seen the new Soarin yet but look forward to seeing it next month when we are at WDW.

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't even know what cgi means :guilty:
I Googled it and I still don't know what it means.

I haven't seen the new Soarin yet but look forward to seeing it next month when we are at WDW.
That being said, what the heck is cgi? I Googled it but I still don't understand what it is :sad2:

Thanks

Computer-generated imagery (CGI) is the application of computer graphics to create or contribute to images in art, printed media, video games, films, television programs, shorts, commercials, videos, and simulators. The visual scenes may be dynamic or static, and may be two-dimensional (2D), though the term "CGI" is most commonly used to refer to 3D computer graphics used for creating scenes or special effects in films and television.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-generated_imagery

Really liked the new version thought it was awesome. I agree ask to be put into the middle section as the film is crooked on the sides. With that being said I probably wouldn't have noticed the distortion if I hadn't read about it. DH didn't notice how the Eiffel Tower was crooked until I pointed it out to him.

Really liked the new version thought it was awesome. I agree ask to be put into the middle section as the film is crooked on the sides. With that being said I probably wouldn't have noticed the distortion if I hadn't read about it. DH didn't notice how the Eiffel Tower was crooked until I pointed it out to him.

This was my biggest problem with it, not everyone can sit in the middle and if you don't you really can see the distortion. I knew about it and thought, well how bad can it be? As you said the Eiffel Tower is crooked, pretty sure it's not supposed to be. The CGI didn't bother me but it just didn't feel as immersive as the old one, I just didn't feel like I was actually flying like I did with the old one. The pictures were pretty but that was what if felt like, pretty pictures, which I can see without the distortion on the National Geographic Channel on my big screen TV.

Reactions: HM
I guess I should expand upon my answer. There was way too much CGI. So much so, that I wasn't sure there was much that was actually real photography. I didn't feel like I was hanggliding like I did in the first version at all, and I can't even remember what smells they used. And the distortion of the buildings because of the screen curvature was just too noticable. They should have stuck to nature that has few straight lines. The first version you felt like you were gliding in the actual places on screen and the smells at the creek, orange grove, and ocean were so prevelant, I can still remember the sense of being there I got all this time later.

Went on Soarin' back in '06. It was nice but Tower of Terror is my bestest! ;)

I'll argue for HM as bestest, but TOT is a close second, so TOT is my second bestest. The new Soarin' is cool, can't get too worked up over whether the original or the new version is better. Certainly the quality of the video and audio is much improved on the new version. The scenes cut from one to the next so quickly I didn't have time to suss out the CGI images.

The new one doesn't feature California. And each version has a different ending. That's just weird.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter