Soarin....

Ms. WDW

A DIS Veteran who just won't grow up!
Just read a post and saw a word that I'm not familiar with....Soarin.

Is this a new planned attraction that I may have missed ? :eek:

Yes. Soarin over California is a ride that is coming to Epcot. It is being built behind the Land in Epcot. You sit in seats that make you feel like you are in a hang glider. They raise and lower the seats in front of an IMAX screen that makes you feel like you are Soarin over Calif. There are smells as well. It is a great ride!!!!

I'm usually up on all the "new" attractions but I somehow missed this one!! :)

Has anyone who has ever been on this ride know if people prone to motion sickness have trouble?:confused:

I went on Soarin' in October at Disneyland. I was very nervous because I get motion sickness very easily. I went on this attaction with my 60 something year old aunt and uncle too. Noone had any problems at all. It is an awesome attraction!!

I went on this attraction last summer at least 9 times (during a period of 5 days) and we loved every minute of it. I think the combination of the sites and smells make it such an awesome experience that you really shouldn't have any motion sickness since its a feeling of gliding not really moving around roughly or up and down like waves. One of the best parts of it is the beginning, its very cool (temperature wise), great break from the heat. I don't want to give anything away because you have to experience it first hand. Its an awesome ride and I can't wait for them to build it at EPCOT.

Thanks CLynnJones and msr709. I can't wait to try it. We won't be back until Feb. 06 but it will be something to look forward to!:sunny:

I get motion sickness very easy. Even simple things can cause my to get dizzy. Soarin' over California is okay until a spot toward the end. When you see the military ships docked in San Diego be ready to close you eyes for 10 seconds or so. The camera does a couple moves that can really get to those with motion sickess problems. The next to the last scene going down the LA freeway at night is sped up a bit ( and looks kind of bad) and is a bit of a problem but don't close your eyes as the last scene is great...well it depends on if the use or duplicate the last scene.

Made our first trip to Disney CA last summer. I LOVED "Soarin" at CA Adventure. It is an excellent...sensory experience...WITHOUT the thrill-ride body and stomach tensions. It isn't in a category with Star-Wars (MGM) and Body-Wars EPCOT). We enjoyed the attraction three times during our brief stay. We too are delighted that it will be coming to WDW. One tip: if you are on an end seat (I was seated outside-right) you can actually "destroy" the magic of the illusion by looking over your shoulder and down right. The concrete floor is just below and the ride operator is too!!! I was facinated by the sensation of hang-gliding (not a real out-doors type) while always knowing the I was "safe" at Disney. ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

I am interested in this as well. Does anyone know when it is scheduled to be open and if there will be any height/age reqirements?

You might be able to look on Disneyland's website and see what the height/age requirements are for Soarin' since they have the attraction at California Adventure.

I just looked it up at the Disney site, and the height restriction for the one in CA is 40". No age requirement, but it does say young children should be accompanied by adult. From what I've read, I believe it is schedule to open in Spring 2005 (have not seen anything more specific).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter