Social Disney-ing...a Feb/March 2021 Chunky Birthday trip! COMPLETED 8/28!!

Because when you are alone you can take pictures and video of yourself with Skyliner hair, which is one of my favorite things to do, LOL.

ACtC-3f4nTCaqaa04rsOGFDe4ONKA1lrloZ8znocTQwyasrLuprqQEUWgWB6qVXzB1348qQarFDpxrRXPBUsJ3hQXaL3p78IDinDDxPLZqHDCmfFE7xFCG6PQHnipRu41pn0IKoMbWdtAB_SKBM-2I5QngCPKg=w518-h690-no

Aww, love this!!

(which had just opened for the day I think), and Riviera is a stop on that line. Just something to note if you travel by Skyliner regularly, the CBR hub to Epcot was always the most crowded during opening hours. But almost all other times it was fairly empty.

Exactly, and so hard to be patient in it. Hate that morning lines there

We ended up waiting much longer than we wanted to for the Skyliner but finally we were on, and luckily the ride is quite quick. Door to door was about 40 minutes, which what they tell you to budget, but all other times we've been getting to Riviera from DHS in half that, so it's really only going to be slow those peak hours (start of day, park closing)

This was exactly our experience. Not a fan of AM Liner shenanigans. So much so that I am more of a Lyft girl for it.

When we arrived at the Riviera, I had to get a picture with the Tangled lanterns, because they only happen once a year, on Rapunzel's birthday, so it was only fitting!

ACtC-3eUA33HhnpJnuCJVqPZ8pqzwPhvB49N61t9n2_bm2K7ANhjny2Mx83bybo1tpr_c5folgWcTlJcSWbt6cB_BsDOoDnh-Fn6ivAzkSxoXWAT_LcGaXkjPcIgUAMRFIvTbMA2YAKmEWySL22C44iMagqw2g=w518-h690-no

Appropriate!!! I love it!

The barges are a bit of an eyesore and it definitely blocks the view around the lagoon as well as Spaceship Earth depending on where you're standing.

THIS.. 👆👆👆👆👆
We had to wait for a bus since there is no Epcot monorail, so I used the time to make note of what I was able to answer for the Story Hunt.

Good use of time!! I need to ask you more details about this hunt!

I got a glass of champagne on the house for my birthday!

Awww, awesome!! That's great!
To drink I got the Ice wine Martini which came highly recommended and rightly so, it was sooo good!

I am def going to try that out next week!!
kinda like a souped up supermarket cake.

HAHA! I love how you worded that.

And also the most amazing surprise, a gift from Chunkydust, whom we saw earlier that day, this beautiful champagne set with the cutest Mickey flutes! Also included are chocolates from the Ganachery!!! Plus the silver tray also has a Tinkerbelle pixie dust motif on it. So perfect in that it came from Chunkydust! I totally wasn't expecting this, it was truly the sweetest thing. :hug: Thank you so much!!

ACtC-3fcUpcktGl9kRSUxZv2FCTB7STTOrQVpyGZl2UPF9VTrDogC2euT2loDqpQBInbp34x7Lu6C6cul4EatVMCiqJhDtMtnE-HAA7o3XubJoM3ZQdWWvpAqYuQgzymycIXZF2QmfzjcLNs5f03ScCfd1SbeQ=w530-h644-no

Awww, how sweet!!

The line said 70 minutes but it was about 45-50 min wait overall.

I waited every bit as long for that. That line is insane!!!

Oh look they have predicted 2020:

ACtC-3ccZt3qD01Z-VNEfAna-T1EDC-GBy_f-d-KkkZxggVmMAgk-IvqIlN5S097aPN-vTrHmusydjDTBwPweKc_BKUG34AVgtQdhLCM2jtYizH4hMiDsuaBPUT-6ea6Yh3qB7k4wpMG9kl6Xt7VDiv8x209xA=w447-h595-no

:lmao:

With my girl, Molly (@Mollydolly334)! She was there on a bachelorette trip which sounded so fun! We even got to meet her very pregnant sister, who unfortunately had a sorta choking accident right as we went up to meet them at Ronto Roasters but whew, everyone was ok in the end!

UH OH!!!! Glad she was okay! Poor thing!
The Riviera has the most amazing artwork and you can actually purchase posters or replica artwork in their gift shop at an electronic kiosk.

Good to know!!! I may check this out!
Unfortunately the ramen wasn't that good. It was bland and just wasn't satisfying, ya know?
Bummer!! I hate when that happens.

I'm so excited to have stumbled upon your newest trip report! I've just recently gotten back on the boards because we booked a trip for November 15-20! I'm so excited for the holiday twinkle lights. You mentioned that you and Steve changed clothes for dinner at Cali Grill. Do they have a dress code? I think my DH would love to eat dinner there but not so much if he had to put on nicer clothes.

Hope you're having a great time with your sister!

Good to see you are back and writing, I enjoy reading your trip reports. I have a question, the Mickey photo, where it looks like Mickey is holding an iPad with a photo of you and Steve, is that a new magic shoot or border type thing? Wasn't sure and wanted to check as I think it is very cool.
It's a new magic shot and it also comes as a video! It automatically comes into your photos like that, and it doesn't actually take as much time as a regular magic shot takes to show up in your photopass account.
That was lucky. I wish it was easier to get a boarding group. We haven't gotten one in a while.
We had one shot last week and there were some quirks in the morning but we managed to get group 42. Then the ride was down for hours so it was evening before we got to ride. It was worth it though as my sis thought it was the coolest thing!
The onion rings are really good. We always order them when we eat there. :)
They are!
I think you totally stumped him. :)
Haha that's what I think too! :laughing:
I read your update via my email when the boards were down.

Sounds like a great day again!
Thanks! It really was!
We are staying at the Grand Floridian next week for a short trip, Apr 12 -15th. :)
How did you enjoy your trip!?! We had a great time. I'm so tired now. I need like a week to recover, LOL.
Your birthday sounds like a perfect day! Love it!
Thank you! I really had the most amazing day!
Oh my gosh, love that RotR story! 🤣
I'm very proud to have stumped a First Order Officer, they usually always have something to say whenever you're being facetious. :rotfl2:
Your entire birthday sounded great! That meal at Cali Grill looked perfect!
Thank you! It really was a wonderful day!! That meal was so good, I loved it!
Gah! I just found this trip report now - I've been missing your reports :)

What a lovely birthday! Enjoy your trip with Chunkysis! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Aw thank you and great to seeing you here! It's good to be back, I was missing my Disney community!
Have a fun trip! We will just miss you two.
So sad but have a magical trip!!!

Love it!!! Have one for me!!!
I did! :)
Bland but perfect for Gwen!
I went there again last week and I liked the curry rice soo much better, it was actually really good!
I love Moscow mules!
Me too!!
Already following along!!! I want to go to the rooftop coke and get the sampler!
You should totally do it! I think your girls would really enjoy it!
It was way too much sugar for us but it was really fun to do once!
Oh I remember that amazing brunch well. So happy you got such a wonderful view for your birthday.
Yum yum yum, I wish they would bring brunch back!!
Thank you!
I was just menu surfing yesterday (cause that is how I get my Disney food fix) and this had caught my eye. Sorry it was disappointing. It looks and sounds amazing.
It sounded better than it tasted. Not that it was bad, but I guess I just expected more.
Great call getting these as your entree. I'm sucker for anything in dumpling or wonton form but these are top notch
They are so delicious and I think I will continue getting them as my entree as they are just perfect!
Way to go Chunky-Sis! Hope you two are having a blast now
Thank you! We sure did!
Between this and Steve's salad we will have to make it to Primmo some day. Love to see Disney upping the quality and offerings at the quick service locations. Definitely needed.
Absolutely! Especially at resort quick service. I wish we had a chance to go to Primo last week but it didn't work out. We did go to Topolino's twice though!
Gorgeous pool. That most definitely does not look like a typical Disney pool (which is a plus in my book)
Yes! That pool is very euro resort-like. Although at the main pool they still blast music like they do at other Disney resorts. 😆
A. Clearly wonderful of him to treat you to a cupcake and glass. But B. That looks like many things that are definitely not a seashell :earboy2:
LOL I think that goes perfectly well with the chocolate on your favorite Red's Revenge. Also that chocolate at Cali Grill brunch which you were so taken with. It must be a theme. :rotfl2:
Have a wonderful time. Happy 4-0 to Chunkysis!!!
Thank you!!! :)
What a perfect birthday! You are definitely:love: loved! Thank you for taking the time to write a trip report. Your reports are so detailed and full of beautiful pictures, my favorite kind. Cannot wait to hear more!
Thank you so much, that is so sweet. I do definitely have the best family and friends and they understand my love for Disney!
Finally caught up on your trip report after just getting home from mine and following your IG for the current trip. :)
Thank you! I hope you had a great time on your trip!!

Oh my gosh I didn’t realize our trips overlapped - I was at HS & EP on Monday and AK & EP on Tuesday. I don’t post much on the boards but love your trip reports and would have loved to say hello!

Its funny because we probably passed each other at some point - my partner and I had our own boat on Living with the Land at the end of the day and wrapped up with nighttime Test Track on Tuesday. We also were at AK in the morning Tues and almost went to Yak and Yeti! Scored a walk up to Nomad Lounge though so enjoyed that.

I remember commenting on an earlier update that Riviera looked beautiful (this was our first WDW trip since 2017) and we drove by it Sunday evening on our way to the Swan and it really is gorgeous at night!! I can see why it’s a favorite.

Our trip was just a short two days as part of a longer trip to Florida, but hope you had a great (if tiring LOL) time during your trip last week!!

How did you enjoy your trip!?! We had a great time. I'm so tired now. I need like a week to recover, LOL.
We had a great trip. The weather was wonderful. We were part of the RofR boarding group glitch that happened on Wednesday, but luckily I was able to get boarding group 37. :) Is that when you were there?

Hi Su-Lynn, just popping to say hi and hope that you're having a magical trip!
Thank you so much! We sure did!!
Aww, love this!!
Thank you! Love the skyliner!
Exactly, and so hard to be patient in it. Hate that morning lines there
Yeah, it wasn't so bad before when you had to share the skyliner cabin with others but since now you need your own, it's been taking much longer, and also had the same bottleneck at Riviera going to Epcot.
This was exactly our experience. Not a fan of AM Liner shenanigans. So much so that I am more of a Lyft girl for it.
We did take a lot more Ubers on this trip, but that's mostly because the Saratoga Springs bus system was just so slow at times.
Appropriate!!! I love it!
:)
The barges are even worse now. And I have taken to calling that round structure as the Epcot Stargate 😆
Good use of time!! I need to ask you more details about this hunt!
It's from someone on instagram called Next Page With Meg link here
She creates these story hunts and it's a cute way to revisit a familiar park. She does it for all the parks and I think Disney Springs as well.
I am def going to try that out next week!!
Hope you like it!
Awww, how sweet!!
Very sweet!! :)
I waited every bit as long for that. That line is insane!!!
It is!
UH OH!!!! Glad she was okay! Poor thing!
Yeah we were all relieved she was ok especially being so pregnant!
Good to know!!! I may check this out!
:thumbsup2
Bummer!! I hate when that happens.
Yeah...but it was better when we went last week, in fact it was really good! I got the katsu curry rice which was delicious!
I'm so excited to have stumbled upon your newest trip report! I've just recently gotten back on the boards because we booked a trip for November 15-20! I'm so excited for the holiday twinkle lights. You mentioned that you and Steve changed clothes for dinner at Cali Grill. Do they have a dress code? I think my DH would love to eat dinner there but not so much if he had to put on nicer clothes.

Hope you're having a great time with your sister!
Hi!! It's good to be back on the boards again, isn't it! I miss all my DISboard friends!
Cali Grill does have an unofficial dress code but I'm not sure how much it is enforced. But we try to dress nicer for the signature restaurants in any case, so Steve did have a polo shirt (whiich he just threw on over his t-shirt), but he wore shorts and flip flops with it, and I had a dress. The only thing they told Steve to do was to take off his hat, which I was going to tell him to do anyways, LOL.
love your TR and what fantastic surprises!!!!! :lovestruc Lucky ladies to be at Disney on your actual birthdays! I just turned 50 on the 10th (boohoo) enjoy!!!!
Thank you so much! We are indeed so lucky to be there for our birthdays!
Happy birthday to you!! 50 is not so far off for me and I fully intend on spending it at someplace Disney LOL!!

Welcome back to reality. :(

At least there would be 4 of us to taste between. And I am def putting it on our list.
Reality is no fun!! 😆

I think you guys will have a blast trying the different drinks! Try to go on a day where it's not so windy as there were lots of straws and napkins flying everywhere, LOL.
Oh my gosh I didn’t realize our trips overlapped - I was at HS & EP on Monday and AK & EP on Tuesday. I don’t post much on the boards but love your trip reports and would have loved to say hello!

Its funny because we probably passed each other at some point - my partner and I had our own boat on Living with the Land at the end of the day and wrapped up with nighttime Test Track on Tuesday. We also were at AK in the morning Tues and almost went to Yak and Yeti! Scored a walk up to Nomad Lounge though so enjoyed that.

I remember commenting on an earlier update that Riviera looked beautiful (this was our first WDW trip since 2017) and we drove by it Sunday evening on our way to the Swan and it really is gorgeous at night!! I can see why it’s a favorite.

Our trip was just a short two days as part of a longer trip to Florida, but hope you had a great (if tiring LOL) time during your trip last week!!

Oh cool! I do love Test Track at night and getting your own boat on LWTL makes you a winner!! :) I think we must have passed each other. It's so hard to recognize people with their masks! Would have loved to have met you though! It was a great trip and evident in the way I slept all day the day after we got back...I think my sister's birthday was a success!
We had a great trip. The weather was wonderful. We were part of the RofR boarding group glitch that happened on Wednesday, but luckily I was able to get boarding group 37. :) Is that when you were there?

Yes! We had Boarding Group 42! But we waited in the Destroyer for about 30 minutes and when a CM came to ask if we needed anything we said we had lunch reservations that we were already late for, so he gave us recovery passes for later. That was a blessing in disguise as we got to go through the FP line for Rise and bypassed the huge line that had formed when the ride came back up! Granted it was about 5:30pm when we were able to ride but as we walked out of GE, we saw the line stretch almost all the way to Pizzarezzo!

We're back!!

Hey everyone! I'm back from my girls trip with Chunkysis! If you followed along on
Instagram you'd know that she celebrated her 40th birthday!

ACtC-3fTlxzaQgyQ5ihDBdqWpvoPW6zjrtLMmvCZ2ZyIAQd_wcMht9ef5WXsc8iPbRHuXoU8U8Oo3hEKW6s675rg7Hd96lxvi37R6fg0rbDrO6UYrO2-ybPkwjaEt5wBCRc3zyHvniFjtiMurydq_CT-SFCcVg=w904-h602-no

It was a really great trip and it's even better now that you don't have to wear masks when taking outdoor pictures! It's like they knew she was coming. Too bad Chunkysis was deprived of her character meet n greets, but that didn't mean we didn't get some fun character pics.

ACtC-3fHjbU0OPuTAyVMQAiW45JxEWbD7kgE1wD7DvrkVT5drmVtVNvbCWOaH5G3YZEoSk6g2s22CW2ywdjB5J0ZXnsVdh2zp8K_LKk3hgxg1ZMRNjBmnH8GhKoV3VuM0JAv5FRXgELYNwDSE_w_7XC8S6ZIoQ=w452-h602-no

ACtC-3c8G3SiCLCwksS7PuvbbRyy0ieBfy1U7H3s30iTko4_WnMD_EjxxdypGjHjdDclHYP7oHufJ3aPbFpYjJeUUwY4EBvwFsDfuRVRehne5-V4rrzS1KBGOzTiumVDsPhLJRwRztLV39yaLmQC_6yA9uh-Aw=w803-h602-no

My sis got to see Galaxy's Edge for the first time, and although we had a few hiccups, we got to ride RoTR! She loved it!

ACtC-3daRVssK4DwN2wrMd0AWtDZ1f3z1LB9_MwBgEtUABU9z_EQuujmRmI1iSDTC9uPx5-iBKs1Xu4RUONGRDptbip9Qqw-Cic2Vf--p9jnVTz_lhCTCR4ZqHBQeQFlhne_JJ73ChLABwoFmnc4Bila-dzMYA=w803-h602-no

She not only had one, but two photoshoots during the week:

ACtC-3cYUbuz5zrbQHGqRQI3eG6dfDkiFbyyI6Cds5eaIr5yZ--rUgGxk5c8g9ox_aWz8kJ7FcRRD5fdP_zvBOJKbKfVgbD1k1tUFbAf7ps7VeZ5qtf5hC03AkP7EMkVKWUjPm3VBRMd_5UpMxq1BkTKZH4LVA=w402-h602-no
ACtC-3dQ49A3GS8clui4qnJuOt1cPb530zgdCWXGuSLDrBWiTW0GodScCw0P_IiQwPsjKKjnP04pqa-4g6l63aJgz8Kf4QhDFxCwPEj3I4B41wx6ZoYLTeU5VznVXzXSOGERgLo5KvC07ksZkzVhlVM0rKpocA=w402-h603-no

And her fair share of pixie dust!

ACtC-3eePQq0DzC2NH3DSoMZT1aVeXAveXiDphDOj01WYaZvrRyRZ_9E72u7w7m18wz6xMhKfEQbyXPhQ2cLEEUqm-pzemw-X9AQFav6SXGozmkY7A1zGZNFLgwxLx_lnzOfcMQQPZLhPjhYA2R7UftROEpkoA=w452-h602-no
ACtC-3fbvCGrVBAuYwfLadKUQesYHB9Bhj9aF-lbdHRBuTZzdo5lfqVT6214T8CKlRUARPI2PGUC9xm09G5XzaoWPAZN2cwp5qmMjcOy6RACm6DgtxMlvNfud3adaAfGhescW1k_sc0uBafdiUcwVB4ODYdKtQ=w452-h602-no

Needless to say, I think the trip was a success!!

Now my poor old body has to recover. I seriously slept all day the day after we got back, thankfully it was a Sunday so no work, LOL. Hopefully I will get that TR started in a bit, but it takes a lot to write two TRs at a time, not to say that I haven't done it before, LOL!

Glad you and your sister had a great time! LOVE that cake! And I need to find you on Instagram...

I am a shameless stalker of your trip reports and I even copied an idea of yours for a costume for Marvel Day at sea. I am going to be at Riviera in June and found this report and am so happy to catch up on your adventures!

Just caught up reading about your amazing birthday and now see the pics of your sister's magical birthday too - how fun! Love her Up balloons dress too! Glad you had another good trip!

Glad your sister had a fun birthday trip! Her cake looks awesome!

And I'm all caught up on your March updates. All your photos are pushing the Riveria to the top of my must-stay list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter