• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Soda Cans

BeccaG

DIS Veteran
Silly question but can you or have you brought canned soda in with you to the parks? I have never tried it but thought we might to save some $ and still get our caffeine fix.

I haven't tried cans, but if I was going to bring soda in, I'd get the kind in the plastic bottles so I didn't have to drink it all in one sitting. Or where you thinking of the serious caffine drinks like Red Bull or something? :)

We routinely pack a lunch box size cooler with juice boxes and sodas and ice. then freeze some waters to throw in the backpack as well. No problems. just do not bring in glass or alcohol. And we order sodas / ice tea when we have lunch and dinner, so I do not feel too bad.

Ha! I feel like a fool. We always get the plastic bottles (and I am not a fan of drinking out of them) because I assumed you couldn't bring in cans like most sporting venues we frequent. :rotfl2:

And if you are a Pepsi freak like me, be SURE to bring your own sodas because Disney only sells Coke.....which may kill me because we are spending 2 weeks at WDW starting Saturday. Hopefully I can get to an offsite store to purchase some...:rolleyes1

I've brought cans in plenty of times...never an issue (except that they are heavy!!! LOL! But the good news is that as the day goes on, the weight gets lighter!)

I've never tried bringing in cans of "soda"... it may depend on who's working the bag-check lines.

Yep...usually on the last full day that I have in the Park, I'll bring in the last couple of sodas that I have left in the fridge in my hotel room. Never had a problem bringing them in, but they don't stay cold for very long & are kind of bulky to carry around :laughing:

So long as it's a non-alcoholic drink they don't care if it's cans or plastic bottles. No glass bottles allowed. Soda, Red Bull, Coffee drinks, water, whatever, just no glass.

You can bring in up to a "six pack" size cooler into the park (per DL.com), and as long as it is not alcohol or glass....you can bring in any food or drink. Pack away!

No issues, we pack "cans" all the time, several trips and often too, different bag checkers, never once had a problem.

However one poster does bring up a good point, bottled may be better if you don't want to finish it in one sitting or want to save some for later. I prefer to travel with non-carbonated drinks so it can last longer. And any place that sells fountain style drinks will give you a small cup of ice for free if your cans are warm (small cup of water too).

We even bring in a bit of bagged ice in a small cooler bag to consume and keep things cool. Out in the open and have never had an issue.

We brought (in a soft cooler) capri suns, water, Pepsi ( I don't drink Coke!LOL!) Moster energy drinks (for the hubby he is NOT a morning person:scared1:) and Sunny D. When we walked up we already had a monster in one cup holder and Pepsi in the other! No issues! : )
@ 3minniesand1mickey is there a grocery store online that you can have send it to you out there?

You can bring in up to a "six pack" size cooler into the park (per DL.com), and as long as it is not alcohol or glass....you can bring in any food or drink. Pack away!

That's really good to know. I'd bring in my own drinks, but they just don't stay cold. This will solve that. We have a stroller, so it can just go in the bottom. Thanks!!!

Mtn. Dew drinker here. :wave2: I usually pick up some bottles of Dew at the grocery store before arriving at WDW, but on a few occasions found the cans to be on sale. So, yes, I've brought cans of soda into the parks before. And then when purchasing my counter service lunch, I asked for a cup of ice. Easy peasy! :)

Wow, I feel silly. I've never thought to bring anything in aside from bottled water and a few snacks. However majority of the time we ended up purchaseing drinks and snacks once in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter