Soda Machine at Sunshine Season?

Figvention

Mouseketeer
Any reason these got yanked? Heaven forbid I spend an extra .0000056 cents of Disney’s precious capital topping off my drink. Pretty soon they will ask you to go in the back and ask you to switch the CO2 lines, they will then charge you to do so as a “backstage apprentice”, people will wait in line to pay for it. Seriously, soda for goodness sakes.

Here for our VERY LAST Disney trip over the previous 20 years. So much has changed, it’s just not worth it. Hampton Inn doesn’t charge me parking and Wendy’s lets me refill my iced tea. Let those levels of customer service sink it… Disney thinks less of you than a value chain.

I love my family and I’m happy they are here, my Christmas present is to done being treated like a cash cow.

Any reason these got yanked? Heaven forbid I spend an extra .0000056 cents of Disney’s precious capital topping off my drink. Pretty soon they will ask you to go in the back and ask you to switch the CO2 lines, they will then charge you to do so as a “backstage apprentice”, people will wait in line to pay for it. Seriously, soda for goodness sakes.

Here for our VERY LAST Disney trip over the previous 20 years. So much has changed, it’s just not worth it. Hampton Inn doesn’t charge me parking and Wendy’s lets me refill my iced tea. Let those levels of customer service sink it… Disney thinks less of you than a value chain.

I love my family and I’m happy they are here, my Christmas present is to done being treated like a cash cow.
They are putting in new machines.

Why isn’t this done after hours? Why not bring out new machines while others are being refurbed? Never have this problem at Wendys. Just more “we don’t care about you”. Multi thousand dollar vacation and I’ve got to buy another full soda.
Maybe they have to update the plumbing? New machines usually means a different set up. And with how old that building is, it is completely plausible that they have more work to do then simply "switching out a machine". Let's use a bit of common sense here.

Since new or renovated quick serve have actually been adding self serve drinks I imagine they will just be putting a replacement system in. I'm so happy to see there will be more options for this.

Honestly since the old machines were BEFORE you check out I never thought it was quite clear if you could backtrack into the line for refills. In the end we pick for food we want to eat and if we need lots to drink and there are no refills, we ask for free water.

AND we all know that as these machines become more available, and more soda is consumed "for free" the prices of these drinks will go ⬆️

Last edited:

Why isn’t this done after hours? Why not bring out new machines while others are being refurbed? Never have this problem at Wendys. Just more “we don’t care about you”. Multi thousand dollar vacation and I’ve got to buy another full soda.
They are doing this after hours, it isn’t a job that couldn‘t be done quickly. They are redoing the majority of the plumbing and electric and also doing carpentry to fit the new machines. This means certain things can’t be done until others are finished. The cost of an additional soda would be the last of my worries on a multi thousand dollar vacation.

They are doing this after hours, it isn’t a job that couldn‘t be done quickly. They are redoing the majority of the plumbing and electric and also doing carpentry to fit the new machines. This means certain things can’t be done until others are finished. The cost of an additional soda would be the last of my worries on a multi thousand dollar vacation.
Only Sycophants will continue to hand over money for less service, and yes this is icing on the cake for me with DIS. No I didn’t drop my dismay on a cast member as I know it’s not their fault, not a Karen.

Multibillion dollar company can’t have a backup plan. Maybe they can remove your bedding for a few nights and say “plumbing”. Disney lovers can never see the forest for the trees.

Only Sycophants will continue to hand over money for less service, and yes this is icing on the cake for me with DIS. No I didn’t drop my dismay on a cast member as I know it’s not their fault, not a Karen.

Multibillion dollar company can’t have a backup plan. Maybe they can remove your bedding for a few nights and say “plumbing”. Disney lovers can never see the forest for the trees.
They do have a backup plan it’s a 20 oz bottle, and please look up the word sycophant I don’t think that term applies here, maybe try Disney apologists, maybe sympathizers or loyalists. For someone who says They aren’t a Karen you’re sounding a lot like a Karen..

Last edited:

Well, I don't think you'll get a room without a bed but in that thought ~ I think if the complaint was about the lack of / poor housekeeping with the high prices you pay, 1000% on board with that. There is no excuse for what they have been doing for the last year. They have time & staff to do room "security checks" but not to clean that room. I think Disney has lost their minds on their hotel rates compared to what you get.

But when 95% of the quick serve restaurants do not even give drink refills, being upset about a particular one going through a conversion and also not offering ... just not worth the energy. If the bottomless drinks are important just eat somewhere else. :confused3

I don't drink soda, so didn't notice. I was disappointed on Monday to find out they stop serving hot food at 4 PM. However that will not stop me from going back to Epcot in the future.

Free parking and refills does not relate to customer service. And did you ask any CMs if you could get a re-fill of your soda?
I get what everyone is saying, I believe in this instance, people had to buy bottled soda. So no opportunity for a refill.

Bottled soda is probably the way Disney really wants to go to in the future. No cost of cups, lids and straws.

Bottled soda is probably the way Disney really wants to go to in the future. No cost of cups, lids and straws.
I know someone who owns 3 McDonald's. He told me the most profitable item in the store is fountain drinks. It was like a 600% profit margin on soda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter