Sofa Bed in Studios and One Bedrooms

caralyn817

DIS Veteran
How are the sofa beds in the studios and one bedrooms? We a thinking of purchasing, but have never stayed at one before. I know most sofa beds have a thinner matress and sometimes hurt my back. Please let me know how they are to sleep on.

There is a new type of sofa bed that has been installed. Many people say that it is more comfortable than the older ones. My DSis slept on one of the new ones at BWV and she said that it was very comfortable. Her experience was in BWV studio.
Right from the start, the type of sofa bed that SSR has did get good reviews.

Bobbi:goodvibes

This is one of those areas of high variability.

The newer sofabeds do have a thicker mattress - and no "bar in the middle" that plagued me as a teenager when we'd visit relatives.

However, my husband complains about the quality of the real beds - he's a picky mattress guy.

There currently are three types of sleeper sofas out there. The older type with the bar and the sag. The newer memory foam type at SSR . And the newer still type with the cushions that fold under the bed (not separate anymore).

I for one have not slept on one. My two kids have and didn't mind. My mother in-law also slept in one for a week and loved it.(no complaints) I hope this helped.

Thank you all so much! Normally, I wouldn't be sleeping on the sofa bed, but this is only for the purpose of when my parents come with us on a trip. My dad had a severe back injury several years ago and he will be uncomfortable if he slept on it for several days. In that case, then my husband and myself will slept on the sofa bed.

Thank you all so much! Normally, I wouldn't be sleeping on the sofa bed, but this is only for the purpose of when my parents come with us on a trip. My dad had a severe back injury several years ago and he will be uncomfortable if he slept on it for several days. In that case, then my husband and myself will slept on the sofa bed.

I don't have the best back in the world either, and yet when I slept on the new sofa beds at the Boardwalk Villas, it had no problem at all. They are such an improvement over the old ones.

Another "trick" is that, if the person is not overly tall and does not roll a lot in sleep, to simply put a sheet and blanket on top of the sofa bed (without actually opening it) and sleeping right on top of the sofa. They are actually quite comfortable that way as well!

I slept on one at BWV last weekend and I have to say, it was VERY comfortable. I slept like a baby!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter