Soft Opening Rivers of Light

Sammyjo199

Mouseketeer
I saw a rumor that Rivers of Light will most likely have a soft opening in mid April. That is the time I will be there. Does anyone have any idea how to be part of a soft opening? We weren't planning AK this trip but we will head over there in the evening if we can see the new show.

Complete unknown on all counts at this point.
Stay tuned.

With rides, catching a soft opening pretty much means being in the right place at the right time. I would assume the same for RoL.

How do you do a "soft opening" of a big, open-air show?

How do you do a "soft opening" of a big, open-air show?

CMs (at various locations) tell guests that there is going to be a show…
guests can then enter the seating areas.

I have heard rumors that soft openings will begin on 4/15. Take that with a grain of salt, since everything is just rumor at this point.

In the seven days prior to the grand opening, there are showings tentatively scheduled for four of those nights. (No, I don't know which four.) They are intended as press events, annual pass previews, and the like. Unknown if other guests will be allowed in, or even if the showings will take place during hours when others would still be in the park.
Since the show has already been extensively rehearsed during non-park hours, the show aspects need less rehearsal than new attractions typically do. There still remains working out issues with crowd flow and such, but those will be worked out over the first weeks the show is fully open - a few preview showings won't be enough to get all that worked out.

we are there the week before opening too and hoping to catch something. even if it's just an outside view after our tusker house dinner reservations.

I saw a rumor that Rivers of Light will most likely have a soft opening in mid April. That is the time I will be there. Does anyone have any idea how to be part of a soft opening? We weren't planning AK this trip but we will head over there in the evening if we can see the new show.

A soft opening for something like ROL would be a little trickier than the average attraction, because they would have to keep the park open for at least a couple more hours then the scheduled time, which means they would have to schedule same with all of the bus lines, etc.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter