Soft-side Rolling Coolers

hightown

I feel need for speed--Rockin' Roller Coaster
Has anyone had experience with taking these through airport security and on planes? Fully expanded mine is about 15" square. The only reason I wonder is that the inside has a metallic like fabric and if that presents problems going through x rays.

If you've taken them on would like to know your experience.

thanks

Mine isn't rolling, but folds compactly and I pack it in my suitcase. I have not had a problem with it or had it searched.

This would take up too much room packed because of the bottom wheels and extending handle. It's just like a rolling suit case except the storage part can be compacted down and the handle retracted. Wanted to use it for my DD's airplane stuff and first day necessities. Then after unpacking at the resort-boom it's a cooler.

Guess I really need to contact airport or airline.

Mine is similar to yours and we have checked it thru baggage with no problem. I had food in it on the way down and dirty clothes in it on the way back.

Thanks DisneyDenise. It's probably a better idea to check it and do what you did and pack w/food. Will not exceed the checked per person bag limit and one less thing to take through security. Will need to figure out some way to lock.

Thanks for helping me rethink my plan

I didn't lock it. I figured if someone wanted my chocolate milk or orange juice than they were welcome to it. I don't send anything to checked baggage that I can't live without. I maybe a little weird with the locking stuff but I really don't .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter