Solar Eclipse April 8

Northern New England here right in the direct path. All schools are closed, work is closed, parties going on all weekend, law enforcement on weekly calls to prep for all the people.

I live on a lake so I will be by the water taking it all in!

I actually live in the path but I will be very south of here enjoying some camping. I guess I'll miss all the fun and excitement.

We are in Southern Vermont, and totality is going to happen about 3 1/2 hours north of us. Our plan is to make a day trip out of it to go see it, since none of us have ever been anywhere near where there was a total eclipse before.

Us, too! Hope the traffic up there isn't too bad. But we are going to leave with a full tank of gas, some food in a cooler and a lot of patience. We haven't quite decided where we are heading, but we are thinking St. Albans.

In the path, hoping for decent weather. We traveled out west for the last one and the traffic in Idaho was insane. I will be glad to watch it from my yard. We shut the business down for the day. I plan on going nowhere that day.

Local Lowes here in PA had some eye shades with the date on them so I picked them up, not enough protection but probably better than nothing.

Eclipse glasses have their safety certified by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). You can tell if a pair of solar eclipse glasses meet today’s standards if they are labeled ISO 12312-2 (sometimes written as ISO 12312-2:2015). Eclipse glasses manufacturers send their products to specialized labs that test whether the lenses comply with the ISO 12312-2 safety specifications.

from ~~~ https://www.planetary.org/articles/are-your-solar-eclipse-glasses-safe

If the ones you bought don't have that, try your local library. Ours was giving some away for free. :teeth:

In path of totality and a teacher. We will be open and the district has made the day protected which means if you take the day off you are docked your pay for that day. They want all hands on deck at any cost. We are expected to take the students out for the event and are being provided glasses. I feel like it's a huge responsibility to monitor students and make sure they are not blinded on our watch - some of which have special needs, behavioral problems, or in the case of younger grades, are just 5 or 6 and do not have impulse control!

Eclipse glasses have their safety certified by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). You can tell if a pair of solar eclipse glasses meet today’s standards if they are labeled ISO 12312-2 (sometimes written as ISO 12312-2:2015). Eclipse glasses manufacturers send their products to specialized labs that test whether the lenses comply with the ISO 12312-2 safety specifications.

from ~~~ https://www.planetary.org/articles/are-your-solar-eclipse-glasses-safe

If the ones you bought don't have that, try your local library. Ours was giving some away for free. :teeth:

Thanks!

I looked and they are certified, these are the ones I picked, didn't see any free ones. I am gonna look so cool.... :rotfl2:
Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 8.00.40 PM.png

We’re thinking of driving to see it. Cleveland, OH and Erie,
Erie is such a small city, few parking garages. Street parking will be in snow evacuation mode..as in lots of no parking areas

Booked two nights a year out. Knock on wood…extended forecast looks great

In path of totality and a teacher. We will be open and the district has made the day protected which means if you take the day off you are docked your pay for that day. They want all hands on deck at any cost. We are expected to take the students out for the event and are being provided glasses. I feel like it's a huge responsibility to monitor students and make sure they are not blinded on our watch - some of which have special needs, behavioral problems, or in the case of younger grades, are just 5 or 6 and do not have impulse control!
Oh, I am sorry. I am also a teacher and live in Indy. I think all of our schools are closed. I know mine is! Good luck.

Here in Central Ohio, we’re supposed to get totality, but we’re near the edge of the totality path, so we won’t have totality for as long as Cleveland or Dayton will get. And, right now, the weather forecast is calling for rain. Boo!!

My youngest DS lives in Indianapolis and bought glasses at Meijer. I sure hope they're the right ones. He assures me they are. He says Indianapolis expects many many people to be there for the happening. I would love to drive down and visit them and see the it but it's a bit much for me now.

It's suppose to be 72 and mostly sunny there....that in itself is temping! :sunny:

Our early forecasts are predicting rain and storms, but it could just be a matter of timing as most storms here tend to just move right through and could have clear skies on either side. I think my parents will be waiting until the 6th to decide if they cancel travel. I’ll be waiting until late on the 7th to decide whether or not I make the early morning drive to the parking spot I booked 3 hours away.

Us, too! Hope the traffic up there isn't too bad. But we are going to leave with a full tank of gas, some food in a cooler and a lot of patience. We haven't quite decided where we are heading, but we are thinking St. Albans.
We were originally thinking St. Albans as well, because we visit Burlington and that area a lot and have friends in Swanton, but we live in Southeastern Vermont, so now we are thinking that somewhere in the Northeast part of the state will be a better idea to make the drive easier, maybe around St. Johnsbury

Both Cleveland and Ashtabula Ohio are predicting partly cloudy skies. We haven’t yet decided which area to go, most likely Ashtabula. We’re staying outside Youngstown.

Both Cleveland and Ashtabula Ohio are predicting partly cloudy skies. We haven’t yet decided which area to go, most likely Ashtabula. We’re staying outside Youngstown.

This map doesn't exactly look good for anyone regarding the path of totality.
1711922678127.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter